Universal Rise of Heroes (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Pinee

Pinee New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #1861 Pinee, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Hi all friends,

I'm a new member of Pine Entertainment, and I'll talk with you instead of Svenkas.

Please do not say that the game is dead. We are trying to spare resource and fix our structure, so we can take next updates sooner.

And next, my leader said to me that they are doing a BIG update with a SPECIAL mode, which you will like a lot. So, hope you can take a patience with us, my friend. :)

BTW, if you have ideas for not only this update, but also others, hope that you will talk to me or Svenkas. It will help us to know what you want in next versions.

Thanks and regards,

2. juhkil

juhkil Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I actually had an idea list on the previous page, but I'll copy it over again:

1. Bugs: Mercenary, DISRUPTOR (pretty game-breaking), Nechromancer (also pretty bad).
    2. Some way to spend green gems! (Increase chance of 4 & 5 star yeti shop items, unique boss w/ better items, etc.)
    3. Maybe some changes to the yeti shop in general - especially for higher level players. I've gotten more five stars (two) on my alternate account who's at level 50 on greenland than I have on my account with a full team of maxed heroes. Maybe make it team power/def based, instead of completely random?

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Hmm.. we'll take that. Actually, having this game updating every months is pretty bad, that's the biggest downside that we have during RoH which leads us to go back and re-work many things in our core before bringing it back as its best. We will give more updates about our work, we won't give up of this cool game for sure.

4. Mariowammer

Mariowammer Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2015
    I'll try to elaborate on juhkil's post, based on my experiences.

1. Mercenary: Oftentimes his shockwave ability doesn't hit units that are directly in front of him. This often happens at the beginning of arena matches. For example, his shockwave animation might go through your frontline units, but not hit them, but still hit all of your backline units.

2. This isn't really a bug, but more of a weird interaction. Units like Warrior and Mercenary always use their special in the way they are facing, which in some cases makes them miss all enemy units. For example, at the start of a match, if your Mercenary stuns the enemy frontline, then when your frontline runs to the other side and turns around, the enemy units are still stunned in place (to the right of your frontline still). If Warrior goes off when he turns around, he uses his special in the direction of your team, but there's no enemy units there (because they're stunned, behind him).

3. Disruptor: About 1/3 of the time when Disruptor uses his special, he disappears. When he's invisible, he can be targeted by enemy specials (such as the green ogre's stun), but does not do damage or take damage from enemy units. However, when his special is available again, he will use it, and will still remain invisible. The biggest problem this leads to is in the gold mine - it's possible for the enemy units to kill everyone on your team except your invisible Disruptor, and as a result the enemy fronline just wanders aimlessly forever. Because of this, you have to quit the game and don't receive your gold mine gold.

4. Necromancer: Necromancer is a mess right now. About half of the time, when he is killed in battle, he flies off the screen like any other unit before detonating. Typically, this causes him to completely miss his special. In some rare cases, I've seen him fly off the right side of the screen, detonate, and only do damage to my backline, which is on the far left of the screen. Finally, I'm not sure what causes this, but sometimes when his special goes off, he does around 15 damage, as if he were a level 1 unit.

5. General Arena Glitch: There's a lot of cases where arena matches don't end when all units on one team are defeated. I'm not sure what causes this, and I think this problem has been noticed before.

6. Phoenix: Phoenix's special can heal dead units. This is most noticeable in the arena, where when combined with the General Arena Glitch above, the winner of an arena round can actually lose. For example, if I win an arena match with one very low health unit remaining, but the arena glitch happens, I wander around until the 90 seconds is up. However, if the enemy Phoenix used his special after some of the enemy units died, he'll heal those units a bit, contributing to his team's health bar. When time runs out, the arena tries to decide the victor by who has more health remaining, and the enemy wins, even though all of his units are dead.

This is the biggest thing that's turning players away from the game currently. Practically nobody is happy with the yeti shop. Top tier players need a better and more reliable way to get high star items.

1. The chance of finding great equipment should increase the further in the game you are. Low levels simply can't afford 4 and 5 star items, while high level players are overflowing with pirate coins, but have nowhere to spend it. I'd like to see a yeti shop that incorporates some combination of team power or progression in the campaign into its item chances.

2. 4 and 5 star equipment rates need to go up, period. Most people have seen about 1, maybe 2, five star items over the past 2+ months. That's really not enough. I think you should do one of the following:

a) Make 4 and 5 star items more likely to appear in general.
    b) Make the Yeti shop selection larger, or make it refresh more often (every 6 or 12 hours, perhaps). 4 items is hardly worthy of the term "shop."
    c) Give us a way to refresh the shop early. Perhaps we could spend pink gems to do this? (Or green gems!!)

5. tizziix

tizziix New Member

Apr 2, 2016
    The yeti and other bosses?

Hello guys I just started to play this 2 weeks ago and really enjoying it. Anyway there are those bosses that is likely impossible to kill so I wonder if there is any tricks or something like that that. I don't have any friend that play this game and I can't find friends automatically in game either :(

6. Mariowammer

Nov 26, 2015
    Go to the castle screen (the one where your heroes are lined up). Hit the game center button in the top right hand corner. Then you can go to the leaderboards and send gamecenter requests to all the high ranking players! Those who are still playing will likely accept your requests and then you'll have teams to bring along with you to the yeti!

7. Pinee

Pinee New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    @Mariowammer: Wow, thanks for your big support to us. The designers like your descriptions of skill too much. And they are discussing how to do it. :D

8. Mariowammer

Nov 26, 2015
    Awesome! I'm just doing my best to help :) It's great to see developers on the forum again!

9. TheSaintX

TheSaintX Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Concern

My biggest concern is regarding the pirate shop. Let me give you some details:

My current account is #10 on overall PVP ladder : 87,000 trophies

Number of heroes that have reached 5-star saint : 31 (every hero is maxed)

Amount of gold : 1,000,000,000+

Number of Green gems : 5,700

Average gear score for weapons : (all characters) 2.87 (Nearly every char has a 3-star weapon. I have only ever seen 2 4-star weapons)

Average gear score for armor : (all characters) 2.61 (Most chars have 3 star armor. Many have 2 star. I have only seen 3 4-star pieces of armor in pirate shop)

Average gear score for accessory : (all characters) 2.96 (nearly every char has a 3-star accessory. I have seen 7 4-star accessories in pirate shop.

Total USD spent purchasing gems 100-200$

Total gems : 100+ currently

Highest # of pirate coins ever : 25,000

Hours played : 50-100+

Total number of 5-star pieces of gear ever see in pirate shop : 0

ZERO.

Number of 5-star pieces of gear the top player has in his current lineup : 16

This has got to change. Saying that gear distribution in pirate shop is random isn't
    being honest. I'm the current #10 player in the world and have yet to see my first piece
    of 5-star gear. I'm constantly having to pass by other accounts with even more pieces
    of 5-star gear than the top fella, so something is very, very wrong with the current setup.
    As it stands, I have no opportunity to succeed when dueling them in pvp. I've bought
    over 1000 gems and still nothing.

I'm done buying gems until this changes.
    I honestly thought I could figure out how
    some players are raking in the 5-star pieces of gear and have been VERY patient but not
    anymore. This game just feels rigged in major favor of some people, and screws over others.
    Tired of not seeing decent stuff in the shop.

Saint

:mad:

10. Pinee

Pinee New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    @Saint: So, you want more in the Pirate shop. What do you want in this shop?

BTW, we will check your issue about the "This game just feels rigged in major favor of some people, and screws over others." issue, thanks a lot for your help, Saint.

11. TheSaintX

TheSaintX Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Pinee,

Not sure how to fix this, but the inequality
    between gear distribution is totally unreasonable.
    As I stated in my previous post, it's very
    defeating to come across players with 15-20
    pieces of top-end gear and never come across
    any myself. What made this problem worse is
    that we were led to believe that the gear is just
    randomly doled out in pirate shop, when that is
    clearly not the case.

Not sure what causes some players
    to come across vast quantities of top end gear,
    but I've given up trying to figure out. I've leveled
    every hero, purchased the best gear I could for
    all my heroes and still not seen any change. I
    ranked up to top ten in the ladder, still nothing.
    Like mario stated, there needs to be an equitable
    way for end game players to access and/or
    upgrade their gear.

Perhaps the idea of 'random' gear showing up
    probably never should have happened in the first
    place, probably a pricing system should have
    been used- at least that way people could work
    towards a piece of gear. The star stats could be
    random, but still....

Just a very frustrating experience overall.

Sorry for formatting, typing on iPhone

12. folstag

folstag Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Will there be an android version of this game?

13. Mariowammer

Nov 26, 2015
    #1873 Mariowammer, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    I've been having the same issues as Saint. I've gotta say, as the highest rank active RoH player, it's frustrating looking at the leaderboards, where I'm surrounded by players who haven't been playing for months, yet have three or four times the amount of high quality gear I do.

It seems like gear inequality is the biggest issue at high ranks - people like me, Saint, Juhkil, and Osterus (and many others!) have all gotten consistently shafted when it comes to gear. So with that in mind, I figured I'd drop a few ideas about what you could do about the Yeti Shop and gear inequality:

1. Give advanced players consistent access to at least 4* items. You could do this by making the Yeti shop expand its inventory based on quest progression.

For example, when you first unlock the ability to get pirate coins (campaign 20), make the Yeti shop carry a limited supply of items. Currently, the final three slots in the yeti shop provide 1* and 2* equipment. Make these immediately available to new players, but keep the two 3* slots locked for now.

After quest 100, you could expand the yeti shop to its current size (two slots that are 3* or higher equipment, and three slots that are 1-2* equipment).

After quest 150, replace one of the slots that only carried 1-2* items with slot which only carries 4* or 5* items. (Maybe have it be a 4* 80% of the time and a 5* 20% of the time)

After quest 200, exchange another one of the old 1-2* item slots with another slot that only carries 4* or 5* items.

So by the time you've finished frozen land, you'll have the following shop:

Slot 1: 4/5* items
    Slot 2: 4/5* items
    Slot 3: 3/4/5* items
    Slot 4: 3/4/5* items
    Slot 5: 1/2* items

This way, if you do the math, endgame players will see at least one 5* item 36% of the time the shop refreshes. (plus whatever tiny chance there is that slot 3 or slot 4 gives a 5* item). I think this would be pretty fair - each week, each high level player would see two 5* items, one of which will likely be a strong 5* item that's really worth buying. In addition, endgame players get access to pretty much as many 4* items as they like.

2. Make it so that endgame players don't depend entirely on the Yeti shop for strong equipment.

Many endgame players have loads of pirate coins, but depend on a shop that updates "randomly" to actually spend these coins. Give them another way to get equipment! I think the arena could help solve this problem. Top players have tons and tons of relics they don't really need. Personally, I have around 30,000 arena relics that are just collecting dust. Let us buy high level equipment from the arena!

For example, you could add the following to the arena relic shop:
    Mystery 3* equipment - 500 relics
    Mystery 4* equipment - 1000 relics
    Mystery 5* equipment - 2000 relics

I bet a lot of people might think these prices are a bit steep, but that's not the point. Even if the equipment is overpriced, the point is that there's a guaranteed way to get high level equipment if you're willing to grind.

You could make 5* equipment 5000 relics each, and I wouldn't care. Having to grind for weeks for a single piece of equipment is so much less frustrating than sitting around and hoping the Yeti shop will put one up for sale.

As a side note, another benefit of buying equipment from the arena is that even if you don't like the equipment you get, you can still sell it to the yeti shop for pirate coins. If you do decide to make 4* and 5* items more accessible from the Yeti shop, you're going to have the issue of people running out of pirate coins, which this helps solve.

I want to make that point clear though - Making it easier to get 4/5* items from the Yeti shop is a short term solution, not a long term one. Right now, it's really hard to get pirate coins, but it's also practically impossible to spend them as well. If you make it easier to spend them, you'll probably want to make them easier to get as well - otherwise players will be unhappy - not because they never encounter 4/5* items, but because they can't afford them.

14. Pinee

Pinee New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Of course YES, folstag.

15. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

We understand your struggling a lot since it happens on me as well since I'm also a player of Rise of Heroes. In fact, we were in huge resource trouble in early this year which make the development of this game is really slow. Also, we found that everyone cannot be happy if RoH keep the more than 1 month update cycle for each update. That's why we're reworking a lot in the core game now to have it back better, online updating and more stabilizing system. Your feedbacks are seriously taken and we will do our best to have the game back as soon as possible with all the issues fixed.

For one who asking Android version, we're doing it in the same time with the new update.

Thank for your understanding and supporting (I really appreciated with your time spending on the huge post in the thread, it give us so many energy to push our hard work even more on RoH).

16. Mariowammer

Nov 26, 2015
    It's just good to see you guys are back! Your presence here on the forums has done a lot to make me a lot more optimistic about the future of the game, and I'm sure a lot of other players would agree.

Also, I know this isn't necessarily that fair of a question given your situation lately, but do you guys have any idea when you'll be able to push the next update through?

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #1877 Andre, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    A great new mode will be added in new update (and sure that you will like too much) :D:eek:;):p, and maybe new things, heroes...with higher stars, I guess...

18. TheSaintX

TheSaintX Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Update?

Hey dev team, when do you think the new update will be out? Any range
    of dates would be appreciated!

Saint

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I'm sorry that I don't know, Saint. I only know that the devs are working for it, and they didn't say anything when I asked them about the release date. :(

20. chasero

chasero Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Next year.