Universal Rise of Heroes (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Nov 4, 2015.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I've tried it. For me is a good game and i'll keep playing it.

Pro:

Energy system seems fair enough, it keep refilling quite fast. I don't think it will turn off your playing time.

Graphics are excellent, clean, smooth, refined.

Gameplay is solid, quite fast fortunally.

Cons:

i don't know how fast you 'll unlock other units... Their cost in the shop is typically really high (F2P style)

If the devs have crafted well the game in terms of units unlock this could be a game that you'll keep playing...

By now for me is 4/5 stars. ;-)

2. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

I also feel that the units are a bit expensive too. So far I love watching the combat unfold and it was quite nice to see that you can unlock things at certain stages. I also feel that the coins are just used to level up heroes. Is this true because I can't seem to buy anything else with the coins. Overall I enjoyed the game and I hope that some more updates make the game even more balanced. (Oh yeah, nice energy system as well) :)

3. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I think so. Without seeing more heroes and the difference between their special abilities, it's hard to say. I'm more interested in what they can do compared to how they look (but I do enjoy watching my new Dark Rider's horse dash around the field).

The limited number you can use might limit my interest in collecting them, though. You need to use ten gems if you want a sixth active hero, and I imagine the gem cost only increases for each additional slot.

Maybe if there were "passive bonuses" around unlocking new heroes - all Tankers get stronger the more of them you own, for example. That'd make me want to collect all the Tankers. :)

Seems pretty clear, once I realized you could click on the character and then the (!) to their right of their stats for more info. I didn't realize that "LUK" affected how often your special attacks activate before that.

4. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I'm surprised while you get into Frozen Land quite fast. We just have some minor twists remaining this week so have the next work in coming update. I will keep you posted with the exact date.

5. antony.thai

We're taking care of this matter carefully during the beta. Emeralds are rewarded as long as we have chance to play end battle mini game, so progressing in story mode will bring quite enough emerald to build the squad. (which is used to recruit heroes).

Also, each winning Tournament Battle will also rewards 1 emerald that's why I won't want to waste any tickets on Tournament everytime my ticket box is full. Please make sure that you pick the right competitor to have high winning chance as well.

We're working hard in the update. Lets bring all the discussion here since we will take care of every single feedback seriously to make RoH better. We own Touch Arcade beta testers a lot already.

6. antony.thai

What you're suggesting will surely have it on new heroes in the update. We have some already.

Actually, every single hero has a different skill which is not just dealing damage. Beside their stats, special skill defind 90% how they can be used during battle.

For example, your Dark Rider is truly a tanker but not really a killer since he deal just a normal damage to his enemies. Everytime his special skill is activated, all the damage of enemies on him wil be considered as healing which make him a unit that extremely hard to die in battle. But you will need unit that can deal high damage to have a good squad later.

LUK will increase chance to cast special skill of a hero. Since increasing chance to cast a skill is also important and bring quite big different in the battle so player will need a bit more amount of LUK to get extra 1% of chance to cast a special skill.

7. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    #27 ypai1217, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    There was a bug that just gave me 20,000 + emeralds and warrior drinks #

Edit : bug no. 2 - I was finally able to defeat the yeti.. Unfortunately I did not get any equipment drops from him. Just some gold #

8. Puke Aces

I'm guessing that jailbroken devices are banned because I haven't tried to hack the game but I'm banned from daily reward chests :(

9. antony.thai

This leak is so major. I will see with you to check the issue. Thank for letting us know ypai1217!

10. antony.thai

:( sorry for that. According to our technical guy, RoH can't support jail-broken devices for online features. I've put a ticket to get them solved in update.

I suggest you to pick a un jail-broken device to play to enjoy all the game features + secure your progress on our server.

Best!

11. antony.thai

Yeti's Event

Regarding the Yeti's Event:

You will need friend's help to beat this boss more easier than using your squad alone with special items.

Defeating Yeti will have 2 types of rewards:

- Gold (this is surely you will have 100%)

- Rare Gears (this is dropped sometime only, it's about 10-15% of chance you will have a rare gears after winning this boss)

:)

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So I guess I'll put some impressions/feedback here. I'm not too impressed with the game, yet admittedly I keep playing it with down time at work. I think it's the mindless strategy of improving your characters and then letting them loose on fools. I can't really recommend it passed a mindless time pass. I'd like to give more detailed feedback to the developers as they usually get a download from me, just haven't hit the homerun or feel good title yet. As far as feedback, I wish there were more choices for the player to strategize. Maybe that means more control over the battles or perhaps more in the preparation. Either way, this type of game can't give too many choices and I'd say it would benefit. Otherwise it's doesn't give me a reason to keep playing. The competition is fierce! It's obvious they enjoy making games and I wish them the best.

13. antony.thai

This is really honest feedbacks from your opinion! I'm appreciated that!

In fact, the current version of RoH has enough heroes and gears to give player chance to have many strategy of their own during the battle. However, maybe we control the chance to recruit heroes too much in early game so everyone don't see much chance to make their own unique team. We will definitely improve this during the update.

Thanks for giving Rise of Heroes a download and your playing time.

We will keep makin it better for sure.

14. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I don't know is there a bug or something, but today, whenever 1 play the game, it's said that there is an update and i need to update the game before play, but i check many time on appstore, there is no new update for this game, and now, it banned me to play events and daily reward.

15. antony.thai

Regarding the "update notification" bug, we will fix it soon in our next update, luckily, this issue doesn't prevent us from playing the game. (However, it's quite uncomfortable we know, we will fix it as soon as possible).

The "banned" status happens normally because of 2 reasons: playing on JB devices or modifying system time to the future. If those 2 cases are not your, please send me your CS Code, I will support your case right away.

Bests!

16. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'm doing fairly well now that I've stopped trying to advance on the map. I'm grinding for Gold on earlier stages until I get respectable levels.

I concentrated on leveling up the Mercenary and Bishop and spent six gems to give the Mercenary a "Hand of Thief" sword and "Bandit" armor. Now the Mercenary does the majority of the kills, and every one might drop double gold or (very rarely) a potion.

I log in every few hours, repeatedly auto-battle through an earlier stage with a lot of enemies, and end up with a decent amount of coin at the end.

I've noticed if you spend another stamina to "skip" clear a stage (an option in the top-right corner for any level with 100% success chance), you won't get any of the monster drops from it and will end up with a lot less gold. So I'll never use that unless I simply don't have time to watch the battle play out.

Having extra coin makes the Tournament mode playable, too, because I can spend the gold to skip a few times until I find a fight I have a chance against. (I need to remember to look at the ATK/DEF values of the enemy team, not just the levels. Some teams out there have obviously spent gems on +100 ATK/+100 DEF equipment and are much stronger than their levels would have you believe!)

Once Events unlock (I think it's when you clear Level 20?), make sure you try "Protecting the Wagon." If you can clear the fourth quest it's good for 15 Emeralds (15% of the way to another character!) and the fifth quest gives you a few gems. You can do that series of quests once a day, and the fights didn't seem incredibly hard.

17. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    So lots of annoyances that are currently hampering this game.

First of all, the game crashes nearly all the time. When I am about to train my units .. It crashes. When I'm about to start a pvp fight ... It crashes. When I'm about to win a campaign fight .. It crashes. I'm hoping the devs atleast build a crash report function in which the game allows users to send a crash dump report once they encounter one.

Secondly, wings are too expensive. Currently you can either buy one with gems in the shop .. Or you have to purchase one with pvp medals which is hard to get given the amount of crashes I'm facing.

Also finally.. Pvp imbalances !! Sometimes I face opponents who are impossible to beat (super high level) .. And sometimes I face opponents who I should be able to easily beat .. But for some reason I cannot . How else can my team lose to this opponent ?

Attached Files:

18. antony.thai

We're adding the UI design to let us view heroes's equipment of our competitor as well. This will help player to have clear picture of their competitor.

"Skip" feature will quickly end the battle, so we can get quick result of XP & a fixed amount of gold of that campaign (which isn't include the amount of drop rewards by killing enemies during battle).

Your sharing is really nice! Hope that it will give players more tips to enjoy RoH.

Can I know which hero that you want to have the best for now?

Antony

19. Puke Aces

But I only have my iPad :(

Although I still enjoy the campaign ;)

20. antony.thai

We will be submitting a new version with bugs fix by the end of today. Honestly, we don't face those issue during the beta this is why. Yes, we do have crash's report and we're on it right now. Hope that you will understand for us.

We will take a looks of Pvp searching rule to make it more balancing to everyone. We will surely take a look at this issue for you. In the meantime, you can pick your competitor more carefully while checking their Power/Defense and compare with yours, this will limit the result like in your picture (since they may purchase gears by gem so their heroes will be much stronger than what they look like).

Thank you for your feedback mate! We will be on that.

@All: Have a nice weekend!