Universal Riptide GP2 - (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    #141 pauldavidmerritt, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Tested again, nope. The controls are botched. In no way can I do a quick off-and-on tap of the 'go' button, in order to control my speed through a turn. My racer is literally trying to perform a stunt while I do this (I'm not even talking about the ridiculousness that occurs after a jump). This should not be happening, as when using zero gyro, and all buttons YOU SWIPE the screen for stunts. Shouldn't be occurring like this.

Are you telling me when I am going through a turn, I literally have to hold the 'accelerator' pedal down, pedal to metal the entire way, to avoid some stupid stunt crap going on? I am not swiping for a stunt. I am literally taking my foot off the d--mn pedal, to control speed more precisely through a turn. Where are the physics in this? VECTOR UNIT - I'm sure you've perfected gyro-play for everyone else, but fix this all-touch button control issue. That is just nonsense. The same crap is happening when landing from a jump--my racer is randomly jumping off the jet for some stupid stunt-landing nonsense.

On numerous occasions, I've expressed this issue. You said you'll look into it. At this point it makes more sense to assume either you haven't looked into it, or you already know this is erroneously occurring with the touch-control precision, and don't think it's important to fix.

2. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i tried the metal update now and wow...it already looked great before (Air 2)but now it even hurts my eyes :) And still just 50MB size,that's amazing.What a great developer! I also can't recommend Beach Buggy Racing often enough (same developer),it's as good as Riptide GP,just in
    the funracer category!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Even just on the ipad air this game is the shizzle.

4. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    #144 pauldavidmerritt, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    This was the response from Vector Unit, to the manual acceleration problem with controls. And I'm quite dissatisfied how a lack of attention was given to this control style, and the way to "fix" the problem is to "just play it differently--spend money on a controller". Instead of widening the manual buttons' area of detection so it is fully playable with this control scheme, this is their response:

"I presume from your message that this is happening when you set the acceleration to manual (not auto accelerate), and so you're feathering the accelerator to manage speed. It is possible that one some devices, the swipe detection could get confused by your button presses, particularly if your finger slips a little when pressing the button.

To be honest however we might not fix it at this point because it's pretty infrequent and it would be a risky change for us to adjust the way swipe detection works.

If manual acceleration control is important to you, and if you really want to nail the fastest possible times, may I suggest buying a bluetooth or USB controller and using that instead of touch screen. Of all the control schemes, using a good USB controller (Like the Nyko Playpad Pro) is probably the best way to optimize your race."

Thanks for the "support" in me spending more money to bypass a problem you don't think is monetarily important enough for you to address as the developer.

5. tmercado5

tmercado5 New Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Would love code for this game please

6. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    bug

Hi devs,
    I have noticed there's a bug where I can perform cac can stunt which is left left or right right. Anyone has the same problem? i use iphone 6s