Universal Riptide GP2 - (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    First-person (bumper?) cam would be cool. Almost too intense possibly!

I enjoy the Aqua Moto games as well. The Riptides are more visceral and with RP2 we have the depth like the Aqua series. Arcade-quality games for pennies.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    #82 zergslayer69, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    I'm surprised the ipad 4 can't run this game with all graphic options on and maxed. Ipad 5 here I come!

By run I mean smoothly, can be a little choppy at times

3. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I got this not expecting too much and was completely surprised. Had to farm the Freestyle levels, but I finally got my Hammerhead. The level design is really engaging like the asphalt racing games, and unfortunately like asphalt 7, it gets a little bumpy near the last circuits.

It would be great if they made a "Motorstorm" type game.

4. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    That would be great indeed :) but Beach Buggy Blitz 2 is semi-confirmed as next game from VU & they are not finished with Riptide GP2.

"Speaking of updates:

You may notice a big fat "Coming Soon" button on the main menu. That was a big-ticket list item that we decided a couple of months ago to push into an update rather than try and squeeze it in for launch. I'm not going to say what that feature is yet. But suffice it to say it's a feature I'm really looking forward to, and will extend the gameplay experience a ton.

See? It's done. But its not finished :)"

5. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Please?

6. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I have an ipad 4 and the first thing I did was make sure everything was set to max. There was only one thing I had to adjust. And it runs absolutely smoothly, and the load times are crazy fast.

7. What ipad 4 can't handle it? So it wont be good for my ipad 3?

8. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I have all the settings maxed on my ipad 4 and it runs great.

9. Anyone got an ipad 3 out there? How's it work?

10. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    #90 Mhunt190, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    It works with full effects on an iPad 3 but not full resiltuion but it still look amazing. I would say to put the resilution bar to about a quarter of a way not even. It might sound low but trust me it looks great still.

11. Hehe, maybe it's time to buy and ipad 5 then.

12. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    #92 Almy, Jul 27, 2013
    I was finally able to play some multiplayer. One big request I have is for the races to not just be one lap. It feels very short, especially after waiting on game state, time syncs, et cetera.

13. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I would say so :p hurry up apple and release the iPad 5

14. Werechihuahua

Werechihuahua Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Eternal labors
    Pensacola, FL
    Another great game.

But as much as I enjoy this on my iPad 4th gen, the Android version supports the MOGA Pro controller and with a real joystick and trigger for throttle this is full on console quality.

I just can't wait until the Apple controller SDK is final and we have real controller support. Not the half-assed Gameloft only, of iCade variety. (yes I have both and an icade junior too).

15. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

Countdown

Does anyone have any tips for beating Countdown (the Freestyle course on Galaxy Cup)? I'm finding it absolutely impossible to score more than 1800 in the time limit and I need to get 1900 for three stars.

I've tried doing a second stunt while in the air but the ramps don't seem to keep you in the air long enough. Occasionally I can pull off a second stunt during the second bounce from a ramp jump but it's really hit and miss and usually results in me running out of time.

I've maxed out the Manta and bought as many x6 stunts as I can but I've hit level 20 now which is apparently the top level and while I get XP at the end of events, I don't think they're going to unlock any more skill points to buy more stunts. :(

BTW major kudos to the developers for implementing iCloud saves, I've been switching back and forth between my iPad 3 and my iPhone 5 throughout the day.

16. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm not sure it's a good idea: iCade is a digital input while the game needs analog one.

17. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #97 OutSpoken, Jul 27, 2013
    Good game, considering i didn't really enjoy riptide 1.

Just a minor thing ive noticed playing on an iPad 3. When performing the stunt where you have to swipe outwards left and right, a few times its actioned the ios gesture to exit to home screen. Of course when this happens playing online it drops connection with components.

Im nitpicking here, but i feel there should have been some voice commentary to bring a bit more excitement to the races iykwim.

Other then that plays great and looks good on my ipad 3, I didn't even realise you could adjust resolution.

Edit:

Just turned on lens splash fx and high res water, makes a big difference.

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I wonder what the Easter egg is, I'm guessing it could be something to do with the alien dig site

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    No kidding, I really want the iPad 5!

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think it's viable. Would be impossible to pull off stunts on icade.