Universal Riptide GP2 - (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    All I know is that some the stunts requiring two pairs of swipes can be a bit difficult. You have to do the pairs quickly or else you wind up with the stunt from the first set.

2. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I've noticed this as well . I usually hit it when I start the first set of gestures right before I leave the ramp.

I agree with everyone else as I never played the first one. I am absolutely satisfied with my purchase. Love grinding it out, but have yet to try online

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    We live in a remarkable age my friends. Myself and the fam spent a couple days this past week at a hotel and there was an arcade there. They had one of those big "ride-on" units with a game like Riptide on it. I come home and for a couple bucks buy a game that I can play anywhere that looks better, is deeper, and actually controls just as well. :) A remarkable age indeed!

4. 3 codes gone

2 codes left :)

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The sequel has a real nice interface. And I like how the developers are very keen on getting opinions from customers. Water physics is great as usual, the water spraying on screen is even greater, and the reward system offers some extensive replay value. Online is solid and smooth on Iphone 4.

Only thing I would ask for is first person camera where a more immersive gameplay could be provided.

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    A sequel like it should be, improved on everything. I only would wish for an option to move the boost button around, on the iPad it is a bit too high to reach it comfortably. I would prefer it at the bottom.
    Other than that: No complains

7. Codes are all gone.

Thanks for everyone who PM'd me.

8. Hmmm. Good suggestion. I'll send that over to Vector Unit. Although the guys are going to be busy focused on bug fixing and one of them is actually expecting his first child any day now :)

I'll make sure VU gets your suggestion Grace.

9. I'll definitely get that 1st person camera suggestion over to them. That's almost a must ;)

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    The option to move the buttons around a la Gameloft shooters would be appreciated, thanks for forwarding that suggestion.

Btw, i gave multiplayer a go, too and it runs smooth, too. Even random matchmaking didn´t take that long, i mean the game just came out.

Oh and all the best for the family :)

11. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm also finding the brake buttons are too low on the iPad to reach comfortably, the way I hold the device. An option to move the buttons around the screen to our preference would be useful.

12. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I'm liking it, music and sound effects are good too. I like the different race types. Is anyone able to play multiplayer? I just get stuck waiting.

13. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    #75 miumius, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    Pretty much a perfect sequel all around. The effects/graphics are insane for 49mb. Can't decide if multiplayer will econe unbalanced but so far it works fine all though all my games have simply been with one other player perhaps an interface that'll allow to wait for more people would be better -- but it may just be me (many games seem to have this problem). Still... Mutiplayer! On iPhone 4S everything maxed out runs quite well.

UPADTE: First person camera would be nice.

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Please add local multiplayer (some iOS devices in the same race). There are many other racers supporting lmp. For some friends and me the most intense way to play racers.

15. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Totally agree! I've only played through a few races so far, but I'm loving this game. I liked the first Riptide, but I felt like the races were too easy to win in that one. I like the balancing so far in this one a lot better. I also like the customization and the stunts. I'm also glad they added multiplayer. The graphics look great. And like everyone else has said, I can't believe how small the file size is. This is a great sequel and very easy to recommend!

16. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    How many Tracks? I was disappointed in the first one because there was only 8ish tracks.

17. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    It's 34° outside, but I feel nice and cool playing this.

Much more satisfying racing experience than Repulze. I think the cash rewards when you go up a level mean that IAP shouldn't be necessary, though I'm still early in the game.

My favourite game on ios right now.

18. Would there be any chance for icade joystick support?