Universal Riptide GP: Renegade (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 23, 2016.

1. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    It does, I get frame dips on the 6 plus with iOS 10 but you can adjust graphics in the settings to accommodate

2. trancemanelk

trancemanelk Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Sweet! Thank you for your response.

3. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Anyone know how to do tricks (or boost) with the Siri Remote?

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The game is not super responsive, but it is possible to get complex tricks done as long as you don't have to swipe twice in the same direction. I find it easier to do the two most complex tricks than the simpler ones like Standing Ovation.

5. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Viper's second side quest cannot be completed using the touch controls.

We are losing too much speed on tight turns because of the touch controls, this is especially a problem in the level with the fires on water (forest). I was able to get 3 stars in all other challenges tough.

After 8 hours of attempts, I decided to put 50 bucks on the table and challenged my friends to do it, none of them were able to beat the damn level... even after lowering the difficulty to Rookie!

Was anyone able to beat viper's side quest and unlock his police vehicule?

6. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I came here to complain about exactly the same level!!! This one and Krex final battle.

Even if I have a great run at the beginning, I always get undone on those tight turns. I try to imitate the AI and stick to the far wall to ensure smoother turns but even then I lose my place in the caves.
    Tried with the second last jet which has higher speed but lower acceleration and with the forth last jet which has higher acceleration. Got a bit further with that one but still no luck.

Did you manage to beat Krex?

7. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Same thing, when I do a perfect run, I lose my place in the cave as well.

As for Krex, I was able to beat him, but it took several attempts... and I think I just got lucky.

Don't even dare to try on normal and hard difficulty, it's even worst! I hope the devs are aware of the difficulty issues and will balance the game in an upcoming patch.

8. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I looked at various hints on line and apparently there are shortcuts on every level on the PC version. When I get home I'll check if those shortcuts also exist in the iOS version. That may be the advantage we need to exploit. if it is available. Otherwise I don't know what to do.

9. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Did you find those shortcuts?

10. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
  11. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    YES!!! Finally! I was able to beat the firewater level in Vyper's sidequest. I took the first shortcut, but avoided the cave shorcut (I took the left path). Once I reached the right-turn (with the arrows) I used my boost and my opponamt was unable to outrun me! Hope it helps.

12. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same here. Took a few tries though. The shortcuts are awesome. Can't believe I haven't noticed them before. The rest of the levels are a breeze with the cruiser.

High five!

13. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Having trouble getting the lightning decal. the one that requires you to continuously boost for 30 seconds. has anyone unlocked it? Which hydro jet and map is it easiest to achieve on?

14. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    bug?

I couldn't perform can can which is left & left or right & right . right? Tried everything it could be bug? I play on iphone 6s

15. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    It has been noticed before that two consecutive gestures in the same direction don't always work. I think it is a bug or something that has not been fine tuned because it is possible to do those moves from time to time. I have emailed the devs and they promised to look into it. Apparently the consecutive gestures should be really distinct to work.

16. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    That's true, it can only perform from time to time. Devs plz answer, its very frustrated

17. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    What was the last time you contacted them? so you have same problem

18. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I contacted them about a month ago. I have finished game since so it's ok.

19. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Hey man, I think it's not a bug. The reason I couldn't perform those stunts was that I had been doing it wrong. So I would say the lack of clear instruction would be the case here. After trying couple different approaches I pull them out pretty easy. But you have to do it in the "right way" (its hard to describe here). anyway thanks for your feedback. Great game. Cheers!

20. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    You can get this baby right now dor just 99 little c's.

Somelne should prob start an official Black Friday 2016 thread.