Universal Riptide GP: Renegade (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    Someone already asked this, but since there is no answer yet, I'll ask - does this game have support for MFi controllers?

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

As they were supported on Apple TV, there's no reason that they shouldn't work on iOS.

3. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    What does it mean in the description by vehicles transforming while you ride them? Can someone shed some light on this for me.

4. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Hey guys, just chiming in here. Yes! the game feels way better than the first two. More arcade-like tracks and more fun, like Hydro Thunder, which I like a lot. The graphics are amazing, as well as the touch controls...I'm not liking the tilt option as much since it feels floaty by default.

I'm having the same problem mentioned by other people on here, when doing tricks that require the same input twice. It only registers the first input almost everytime.

My iPhone 6 gets warm but it's not alarming, since I can literally see why. Without the water splashing on the screen to cool my device down... the gorgeous graphics would probably melt my device into a puddle.

What I really, really, really wanna know is how to do the boosted start. If anyone knows, please share!

5. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I can help with the boost. It said something about holding down acceleration then clicking the boost button. I don't know if that's a hold-over from a different version as there is no acceleration button. Just click the boost button a split-second before the green light, Mario Kart-stylee. You should know if you've pulled it off by the bolt of lightning.

I just decided to unlock any tricks with two moves in different directions for now, and they're working fine at least.

6. FuriousThumbs

Jun 5, 2016
    Apparently someone said that if you turn the graphics down one notch it will fix the heat problem on the iPhone 6.

7. DrlRage

Nov 15, 2012
    #47 DrlRage, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Okay I played a ton more and I love this game. It's so goooooood!

Yes sinagog! to do a boosted start is just a timed press of the boost button when the light turns green.

FuriousThumbs...I reduced gfx from Ultra to High. Couldn't tell any major difference in graphics, and the heat/battery issue improved considerably.

For now to do tricks with the same direction repeated, swipe another direction and then repeat the first direction.

I'm at LVL 12 and this makes the more advanced tricks I have e.g. the Log roll trick: very complicated to pull off safely. Instead of Up,Right,Right...It's U,R,L,R or ^^ ,>>,<<,>>.

Tried multiplayer, couldn't get a match up. I'm assuming this will change as more people get it and finish the campaign.

Btw I redownloaded and played some Riptide GP2 to compare and I think Renegade is so much better in every regard even though visually GP2 looks almost as good....but it's not actually as fluid or fun.

I feel like I'm playing Hydro Thunder minus the boost jump, which I don't know yet... if it's a feature in this or not. I hope it is :)

8. FuriousThumbs

Jun 5, 2016
    What does it mean when it says your vehicle can transform during a race?

9. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    Unfortunately this is an issue in all of their games which is so annoying because it would be easy for them to fix. I've already contacted the support and I hope they gonna inplement a solution.

10. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Now I am worried. I asked Vector to precision the touch controls more, because in GP 2, I couldn't lightly tap the break or gas without my jet hitting water turbulence and erroneously doing an unwanted trick. The FULL touch controls were broken. Did they really just copy over the same full touch control issues to this game as well?

11. DrlRage

Nov 15, 2012
    It just like shapeshifts a bit when you boost or turn, kinda like a Michael Bay Transformer but nothing too complex. It's just another layer of eye candy I think.

12. DrlRage

Nov 15, 2012
    The controls seem better. I don't do unwanted tricks while racing. I use Touch Control Type B.

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi, guys.
    I have received the following response from the support regarding the special moves:

14. DrlRage

Nov 15, 2012
    Sweet!

Yeah I don't know if they tested it right, because right now it clearly doesn't work no matter how distinctly it's done.

15. theboxhead

theboxhead Member

Sep 5, 2012
    This game obviously has a ton of effort put into it. Great work. One big problem in my opinion though is the controls. I always feel out of control no matter what settings I use. Similar to GP 2. Doesn't have that solid feeling of knowing exactly what you need to do, doing it and then that producing the desired effect. This is just me of course.

16. DrlRage

Nov 15, 2012
    I feel ya. You might need to try playing with an actual controller.

17. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Absolutely does support MFI!

18. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    To boost, just follow the exact timing of the red lights and count...
    1...2...3... (Each red light lighting)
    4... and ON 5 hit boost button!
    The lights are approx one second apart. So two seconds after the 3rd light turned red the light will turn green. Hit boost a fraction of a second before it hits green. I nail this about 90% of the time this way.

19. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    You have to do it really quick . Playing with a MFI controller helps a lot !

20. trancemanelk

trancemanelk Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Hello. Will this run on iOS 10 Beta? Thanks