Universal Riptide GP: Renegade (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 23, 2016.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ive just played through the tutorial and so far it seems ace - looks brilliant on the air2 and controls really well - but for me the turbo button on the iPad is in a really awkward place and there's no option to move it.
    I'm hoping I can get used to it because leaving that aside it's brilliant.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #22 LordShad0wz, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Once I switching the controls to the touch controls I'm so happy. I cannot believe they packed so much into such a small install. The first few races. The water hitting the camera. Flying off ledges and falling where the effect actually makes me dizzy. Hell yeah. Lol. I know a game is awesome when I have to take one of my meclizines to play it ROFL!

I love the color options they give you for your hydro right off the bat. I chose American Flag colors and the American Flag decal and of course changed my number to 69. I had to. Lol

Also I need to comment on the price. As everyone knows I'm old school. For what this game offers, it's being offered at a ridiculously low price. It's a damn amazing price. Thank you Vector for an amazing game!

Billy

3. loophole

loophole New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Guys, is multiplayer not working for you?

4. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Love this game but I can't seem to figure out how to do the 2 combo tricks. I do the movments it wants but my person still does the one combo tricks.

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Well, not sure if anyone else is victim to the dreaded Gamecenter bug, but it prevents playing multiplayer and I'm going to assume trials as well. What a fantastic game though. Once I saw all the usual TA crew give this a big thumbs up, I knew I had to have it! # Awesome game, I just wish I could enjoy the full package. Don't let this deter anyone at all, this game is worthy and the single player has some meat to it.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I really got into the first two Riptide's. Just played some and its as I was hoping for and then some. This games packed and all for 3 bucks. Vector Unit hit this one out of the ballpark yet a third time.

7. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The game is fun no doubt, but it heats up my phone like crazy within 10 minutes of playing. I feel sorry for my battery.

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I noticed this too, it's a battery drainer for sure! But heaps of fun

9. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Fantastic levels of FUN!

10. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Outstanding. In every way.

One of the best racing games I've played in a long time I have to say. The graphics are fantastic and the way it controls is flawless for me.

Loads of content, tons to do, plenty of achievements. The consummate package.

Brilliant.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Amen! I completely agree. I just got done playing. Even while using touch controls I am able to easily pull off tricks. It's hilarious when I don't time them right and rag doll!

Billy

12. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Anyone else having trouble with the game not registering some tricks? Especially the ones that require you input the same direction twice. I never had that problem with Riptide GP 2, and know about the ramp thing (start the tricks the moment you hit the ramp, as opposed to waitijng until you're in the air). Not sure what the deal is, but it's a bum note in s wonderful game.

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Currently loving everything about this game! Great to have such an awesome racing game available!

14. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, I have the same gripe. I kept trying to do the two swipe up (Standing ovation i think its called) so many times but managed it only a handful of times. Forget about the more complex ones. The sensitivity definitely has to be fine tuned here. I am on Ipad mini 2. If there are some here who have no issues with triggering special moves, please chime in. Perhaps there is a special trick to it? I also didn't have any issues doing them in the previous game.

15. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Is it normal that my iphone 6 overheats within minutes with this game? I have to put the device down because it burns my fingers. I also lose 20% of battery after playing for 5 minutes. Am I the only one? Anyone noticed this?

16. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I have the same issue, except I lose about 10% of battery life within 5 minutes of playing. It's a great game otherwise.

17. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Alright, I've just figured out we can adjust the graphic settings while in-game. It was set to maximum resolution on ultra quality. This should have been the default settings for the iPhone 6S, not the iPhone 6. Lowering the settings just a little bit does the trick. No more overheating and the battery is draining much slower now.

18. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Guys I do scoop a lot of games a week, just not a lot of racing games. Lol. THIS or Rally Rush 2 should take top priority ? Thanks my fellow touch arcadeians =8^]

19. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Both games are awesome. But I prefer Riptide GP: Renegade.