RIP Legendary Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by syipisa, Jun 27, 2009.

1. syipisa

syipisa Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Michael Jackson was part of almost everyones life in the whole world, there are few people who never heard his name! It affected me a lot when I heard about his death.

I liked that tribute clip a lot and would like to share it with you!

[hqyoutube]ber5DrM6dG8[/hqyoutube]

2. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Eh... As far as I'm concerned, he deserved to die. Not to be disrespectful or anything, but the guy molested children (well, at least one. The other ones may have been false accusations). He deserved a death worse than this.

3. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I thought he was acquitted

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What court found him guilty? The court of the National Enquirer?

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    The 20 million he paid off afterwards :p

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  7. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
  8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The whole thing kind of stunk of extortion to me. In most child abuse situations you're guilty until proven innocent. I don't really think "Well he paid out 20 million!" is conclusive of anything other than the sad state of this country's legal system.

9. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Huh? You don't believe he paid 22 million? What source would you believe?

10. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Idk lol I didn't read it I just felt like saying that. Seriously though, Wikipedia isn't a great source for information.

11. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

no matter what kind of life he led lets remember him for his music.

12. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    k, as far as I'm concerned, he did not molest anybody's kids. If the courts decided against it, we're to assume he didn't. if we're supposed to follow the law as it's written, we can't go second-guessing it at times of our choosing, especially when we don't have all the information. Besides, Larry King and a few other people overheard people in public talking about exploiting Michael with molestation charges, but they were never allowed to testify in court against the opposition. Sounds kinda sketchy.

He was an amazing musician, but it seemed like he was really confused.... RIP i hope

13. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

just found this: http://michaeljacksontonumberone.com
    its a thing set up to see if people think that thriller or bad being at number one would be a good tribute to such an amazing singer. So if you think they should then pass it on to people you know.

14. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Did you see the man molest a child? Are you the one that was molested? Was there a video of the incident? If no, how are you so sure that the event took place?

The man is already dead, can't we all just let him rest in peace?

15. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Can we be sure that he didn't? No. We can't be sure of either. We just have to believe what we choose to believe.

16. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  18. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    hey guys its nuggets

19. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Not really...

If he was found innocent then he's innocent. If you believe otherwise you're wrong, and you have no backing for that, because he's already been proven innocent through the legal system. Not believing what has already been proven is pretty stupid, I guess you don't believe women give birth to babies either.

20. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Are you ****ing retarted? I never said I believed he was guilty I said we should believe what we want. I don't give a **** what the legal system says. Is it always right? No, it's not. Want proof? About 15 years ago a guy got sentenced to life in prison for murdering a child. 14 years into his sentence they did some more DNA testing and found out that he didn't kill the child and was innocent. Oops. I thought it was always right? I thought if they said he was guilty then he was guilty and he without a doubt did it. Oh well. Then again you probably believe everything you're told. That's okay though, the world needs ignorant people.