Universal Riff the Robot (by Oh So Shiny)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gatchaman73, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Callabrator

Callabrator Active Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Now Available Worldwide!

Riff the Robot is now live across the world! http://itunes.apple.com/app/id901563461

I'd like to take a minute to reflect on how special this moment is for for Gatchaman73, and me. As we sit here and watch new players flowing in, it's difficult to really quantify how big of an achievement this is for us. Our goal when starting to build Riff nearly 2 years ago, was to make something totally unique, insanely polished, brimming with style, and instantly inviting. Two full time guys, and one part timer trying to take on the world is a crazy endeavor, but seeing the joy on new players' faces really makes it all worth it.

So now we've done all that we can. The game is live and it's the best game I've ever made. It's now in YOUR hands. Please go download it. Please enjoy yourself. And PLEASE write a review on the iTunes store. Thank you so much!

Happy Gaming!

2. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback and the coin purchase ROGER-NL! There is no removal of ads at this time, but I've noted your feedback and we'll take it into consideration. Thanks again!

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I've only played this for 10 minutes, and I can't stress how fun and innovate this game is!! It is 100% worth the free download. I would bet this is featured on the App Store later today!

4. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Hi DonnyDJ76, thanks so much for the kind words! We're thrilled that folks are starting to funnel in and enjoy themselves. Makes all the endless nights of hard work worth it!

5. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    #25 Callabrator, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Well, sadly our hope of getting a feature on the App Store didn't come through today. There are some other great looking games that hit this week. That said, we've still got a steady stream of new players coming in, and word of mouth is always the best marketing so comments like yours go a very long way! Thanks and keep spreading the word. We really need it and appreciate it! :)

6. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    it's featured on the dutch, uk, swedish, norwegian, danish, finnish and irish app store though, that should help a bit :)

7. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Hah, as first timers launching something under our own label, I find it simply crazy how this all "works". Thanks for the heads up about the Euro store features. We had no idea. lol

8. gatchaman73

gatchaman73 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oh So Shiny - founder : chief pixel officer
    Texas
    #28 gatchaman73, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    To anyone that played today...what are your thoughts? To easy? To hard? To many ads? Not enough energy? Not enough Riff lives? We are always looking for some community feed back to make it better.

9. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Loving the game so far, having a lot of fun. The only suggestion I have had already been mentioned by ROGER-NL. I would like a coin purchase to remove ads as well. I haven't bought coins yet as I don't need them but I would buy some if the ads went too.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This is actually really well done. I love the different decades themes. My only gripe so far is (of course) the timer. I had a couple bad games in a row and that was it. Luckily you can watch a video for a couple more games. That works out well, but yea, I'm really digging this.

11. Back2funk

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Yes, I just had a couple of bad games too followed by some unlucky spins. Only got to play for 10 minutes :( wish there was a way to pay for infinite energy.

12. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    We're actively watching how things pan out with amount of energy, timers and ads (some of it is controlled by our server, so we might not have to do a client update for tweaks), and your feedback is very welcome! Infinite energy IAP has been discussed as a possibility.

13. JamesMarley

JamesMarley Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Highly recommend downloading! very addictive

14. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Oh, I forgot to ask previously. If you wouldn't mind, was that 10 minutes with or without watching all the video ads to get free energy?

15. gatchaman73

gatchaman73 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas

One of the things on the list is to do more tweaks to levels in reference to timing adjustments and so on, each level is hand built and tons of moving parts. As of lately I've been tied up with promotions so it's hard to juggle. As callibrator mentioned we are kicking around ideas for energy models in future updates. Since it's the 2 of us we are spread thin as it ended up a larger project that what we intended.

I'm glad you guys like it! We will keep working on polishing it up and trying to promote it as best as possible.

16. Back2funk

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    It was without watching the ads. I personally dislike having to watch ads to play. I don't get much gaming time these days with a 2 year old daughter running around so I would rather spend what little I do have actually playing.

I do love the game though, it's a credit to you that I am still playing as I would normally have deleted the game if I was being forced to watch ads to play.

17. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Gotcha, thanks for the feedback and the kind words!

I've got a nearly 3 year old son, I totally get it :)

18. gatchaman73

gatchaman73 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    We are making adjustments to some things based on feedback! I hope that people are having fun playing!

19. Callabrator

Jan 18, 2015
    Now that we've been out for a few days, we've had an overwhelmingly warm welcome by gamers! But we've also been getting reports of a few crashes. The most common one seems to be a crash at the end of a level, but I sure as heck can't reproduce it with the devices I have to test it on. I'd be incredibly appreciative if anyone who has experienced a crash would either post it here or PM me with the details. We want to make this the game have the best experience possible for you guys/girls, and as the ONLY programmer on the project, I need your help to get there! Thanks!

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=263430][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263327][​IMG][/thread] [thread=253122][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263348][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263194][​IMG][/thread]

Riff the Robot

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 4th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo