Universal Riff Racer (by FOAM Entertainment) with Apple Music support

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by la5tn1nja, Sep 1, 2016.

1. GameOrLife

GameOrLife New Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Apple Music DRM Protected

Seems like I'm unable to choose my own selection of tracks from Apple music even though I have a valid subscription. Keep telling me "Unable to Convert DRM-protected tracks." Too bad :(

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    That's what I mean. Kills the whole game for me right now. Presentation and controls are great.

3. la5tn1nja

la5tn1nja Member

Jan 26, 2015
    London, UK
    Hi guys,

We can't access the wave data on Apple Music tracks because they have DRM on. We therefore need to create the racetracks at our end and add them to the Apple Music section in the game.

You can create / play a track for any DRM free song purchased from the iTunes store, but when playing Apple Music you need to race from our curated playlists in the Apple Music section.

If there are specific songs you'd like to see in there, post them here and we'll add them to a playlist so you can race them.

We'd love to be able to let you race any Apple Music track of your choice but right now the service just doesn't let us take it that far.

Thanks, Phil (FOAM)

4. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Can you play your own songs if uploaded to iCloud music library?

5. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You should have that in your app description. There will be A LOT people wondering why they cannot play their music.

But thanks for the explanation.

6. la5tn1nja

la5tn1nja Member

Jan 26, 2015
    London, UK
    Yes those tracks are DRM free I think so they should work fine.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hah, that's a great question. Well, playing Beat Hazard Ultra is synonymous with me buying new music and I've spent literally countless hours playing it...so if this is a replacement? One day it'll be be the biggest time sink of all time. :p

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Cool game and hate to be the one to complain but looks like it dropped to $.99 or will later tonight. Oh well, it was worth full price. Just that only one day after release is a little hard to swallow.

9. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    BTW, this is a real edge case, but I tried converting an ALAC version of "Dopesmoker" by Sleep – you know, a 63-minute long song – and it crashed the game, and any other song I'd try to analyze in any format would crash the game even after a reboot. I had to delete and reinstall to get it working again.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Nothing less than ALAC for my man Carter. Audiophilia FTW!

11. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    I mean, I don't have a problem with Google Play Music's 320kbps mp3s, but I buy pretty much all my music on CD nowadays and it all is ripped to lossless, so...yeah. Guilty as charged. :)

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I don't own any music of my own, will I still enjoy this game? Is there still enough substance within the game for me to justify its purchase?

13. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Omg I love Apple Music and this game just push it even! further

14. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    How? That's exactly my problem with this game. If you basically use Apple Music for all your music listening (like I currently do), then you cannot listen to any of your favorite stuff in this game, no?

15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Hello I love this game ! And this is the first game ever that's utilising the Apple Music API from the coming release of iOS 10!! Jesus !!

For the song request thing .i think the least you can do is play it cool and provide an Apple ID so the players can request song through iMessage like we did on Beats 1 radio! [email protected]

Woohoo is this game goonna be on the Apple TV and have mfi controller support ?

16. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Loving the game. Any chance for tilt controls in the future? Touch controls are the only drawback for this game. I never use touch controls in racing games because it turns into:
    1. Hit right wall
    2. Hit left wall
    3. Hit right wall
    4. Repeat

Tilt controls give you more than hard right and hard left for steering.

17. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I love this game
    but please don't drop the price after release sooner

18. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #38 Snooptalian, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    So can I play this game with my downloaded songs in my iTunes library? Also what Game Center implementation is there, achievements and/or leaderboards?

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    With the latest update the game will literally crash on my iPhone SE (iOS 9.3.5) every time a new track is created. The bar reaches the end, the game crashes, but the song has indeed been created and can be accessed immediately once the game is fired up.

20. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Same for me.