Universal Ridiculous Fishing - A Tale of Redemption

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vlambeer, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hours of gameplay across the continents including a never-ending Infinite arcade world.

Hmm! Does this mean that there's a story mode that we can complete, and not just "endless xxx score chaser mode"?

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    ninja fishing anyone?

3. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Here we go...

4. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Just caught enough species to unlock area 2, so I thought I'd post some impressions before I tried to take it to the limit in area 1.

First off, the controls. These are, hands down, the most precise tilt controls I have ever seen. I did better with them than I did with a mouse on my computer, and that's saying something. I never got a run cut short on me because of the tilt controls, only because I got greedy and tried to thread an impossible needle between fish. So if anyone's worried about the controls (looking at you, syntheticvoid; don't give up on this one just yet), there's no reason to be. They are great.

As is the rest of the game, which bleeds polish in every possible way and is just as addictive as its Flash ancestor.

Easily, easily my GOTW. No contest. Buy this game, play it, and you'll love it. I can't wait to see what else it has up its sleeves, either.

Wow. Okay, enough of this yammering. One more round, and then to sleep.

Just one more...

5. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    No sync between devices? :(

6. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

It does mean that, indeed.

7. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    @Jazzpha thanks so much!!

We worked so hard to make sure the tilt controls were great. We all hate tilt controls, and we're all obsessed with making great iOS control schemes (ive even given gdc talks about them), so I'm so happy it worked out! this is like the best compliment i could have received for my roll on this :)

8. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    production value on this game is ridiculous. Usually dislike tilt and this works perfectly. Everything about it is great.

9. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I'm going to bring up the elephant in the room: Ninja Fishing, which I assume is the clone everyone is referring to. I have Ninja Fishing and played it for quite some time, so is this worth my three bucks? I really enjoyed the gameplay style in NF (which I so recently learned was a clone of this), but I rarely have extra money to buy apps with, and I have 6 dollars left on my account.

Or more succinctly, is it worth it?

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Does anyone have a link for the US iTunes Store?

11. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    @ chaos_envoys

Are you kidding???? I take offence on behalf of Vlambeer - Ninja Fishing is a copy if this...
    Ignorance is bliss

Thanks Vlambeer - just went on Oz AppStore and rated 5 stars. Congrats - has been a long road :) Massive thanks (tips his fish hat)
    planck

12. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It is ridiculous how good this is. The music and style are just awesome! I know there was concern for ipad tilt control, but it looks and plays beautifully on iPad 3. Don't miss this!

13. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Go to Super Crate Box in the App Store then click on Developer Info- it's in there :D

14. captainugboots

May 3, 2012
    What am I doing wrong? Can't find it in Australian App Store
    I am spelling it correctly. Ridiculous Fishing. Will try the whole title

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    sorry @plackboy and Vlambeer, just did my research and found out that ninja fishing copies Radical Fishing which is the base of this game ;)

soo, compared to ninja fishing, how is this game?

16. captainugboots

May 3, 2012
    Nothing with whole title either

17. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    If you liked that there is no doubt you will enjoy this.

18. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Can anyone who has played this tell me if there is any control scheme that is not tilt based? I can't stand tilting ye super heavy and huge ipad.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The tilt works, but I'd still like a touch/slider option. Especially with the dual guns. Right now I'm holding my iPad in two hands to tilt, then quickly putting it down on my lap to switch to two-fingered touch controls. A little awkward.