Universal Ridge Racer Slipstream - (by NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I tried an online race earlier, and they all seemed to be bots.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, from what I gather the update hurt A7 devices to better older device performance. Hokey online races have me stuck at race start also.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    same here, i made the video gameplay on the new update but i cancel it since the online does not work.

4. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    It is working now, but with real names. Are they bots? I always start the last one from the grid like in offline races, but i always end winning and making lots of cash.

5. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Finally got around to playing some online this morning.

Either these are the worst racers in the world or they are less aggressive bots that don't know what the nitro button does. I purposely cruised in last place and none of the other racers ever hit the boost.

I am seriously let down as this appears to be RR3's TSM multiplayer and not "real" multiplayer which sucks real bad.

Wi-fi race does work as intended though and I was able to race a friend at work.

The other note is that since the update, the game crashes a bunch now for me. I'm on an iPhone 5 and it seems whenever it hits their servers to check for something (log in at launch, or online race) it is a 50/50 shot that it will either crash or freeze.

So far a terrible update even though online was enabled. I'm probably the biggest fan of this game and even I think this was a poorly thought out update. I get the feeling they weren't able to fulfill the promise of true online multiplayer so they gave us this instead.

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    #406 bilboa, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    What is TSM? Is it supposed to be something like the Drivatars from Forza 5, where the bots supposedly are mimicking an actual player's ghost?

Edit: never mind, I googled it and found TSM = time shifted multi-player, so yeah, basically drivatars.

7. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    It does not crash here on ipad air, but TSM sucks. I am on level 34 and i always win with a lot of difference, at least is a cash machine for me.

8. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Crashing on 5S. Force close all other apps and that seems to help. MP is a joke, but I'll take the free wins for $$, since they haven't balanced the game at all....ever. Another update that was mostly a waste of time and actually degraded the performance of the game. That's why I hate Namco Bandai....they half @$$ everything

9. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Try rebooting your device i had the same issue with a previous update and fixed it.

10. CecilMcW00t

Jan 27, 2012
    Ok the game has just gone haywire on me. At startup it immediately says "Facebook Login failed", and it forces open my browser to reconnect. Browser tells me I already authorized it. Goes back to game and it either gives the same message and puts me in an endless loop or it crashes.

I had JUST played it earlier today. Is this happnening to anyone else? Tried rebooting my iPod but it didn't help. Can't reinstall cause the stupid game doesn't back up anything anywhere. So frustrated right now.

11. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Same issue, here. I turrned off wifi and then turned in on in game and that worked.

Poor show, devs :(

12. CecilMcW00t

Jan 27, 2012
    Ahhh... I forgot about trying to turn off wifi. Yeah, really sloppy job. :(

13. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Races are not balanced at all they mix level 33 with 45 there is no point.

14. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I get racers matched to my level (22).

But they are real pussywillows and no challenge.

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yep, game truly sucks on my 32G 5S since the update. MP just freezes at start. As I said, pitiful. I shldnt b surprised at this point tho.

16. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Got online to work. Not very challenging. Opposition seems to be AI controlled.

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    BN, please re optimize for A7 devices. Update was a step backwards for A7 chipsets. No doubt this will fall on deaf ears.

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'd recommend sending feedback directly to NB if you haven't already, since I've seen no evidence that they read TouchArcade forums. Here's a link to send feedback.
    http://www.namcobandaigames.com/support/ios/

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I was already thinking about this and voile u produce the link. Thnx

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Decided to give multiplayer a whirl after reading the last few posts and I demolished the other 7 "people" and I'm not even good at the game. Definitely AI. We were all the same level roughly 8 and 9s.