Universal RGB Express - Mini Truck Puzzle (by Bad Crane)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Tried and failed to send you a PM with an image attached from my phine, but I don't see the option.

Attached Files:

2. Markus-BC

Markus-BC Active Member

#82 Markus-BC, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks! I PM'd you, let's try get this sorted out. We can't yet reproduce the bug ourselves, but we'll try to find it (and fix it) as soon as possible! Thanks once more for reporting the issue!

--> Edit: Killing and restarting the app fixed the bug for mr bez! We will hunt the bug down, but if anyone else experiences the same problem, just restart the app and the problem is gone.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #83 mr_bez, Oct 22, 2015
    It's appearing now and working fine after force quitting the app and restarting. Thanks Markus for all your help. I bought this in release week and can't believe you've hooked me into redownloading and playing all the way through again, but kudos for continuing to support the game so well.

Looking forward to seeing something new from you guys.

EDIT: Found my first level where I can beat the par score (completed Detroit K-4 in 49).

4. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    #84 Pantsjo, Oct 22, 2015
    Funny. I was just about to post the exact same thing. Except I completed it in 47 :D

Edit: Found another one: K-10

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #85 mr_bez, Oct 22, 2015
    Nice. Yep, just tried again and hit 47.

Edit 2: also the following levels:
    O-1: 37 (par 44)
    O-7: 66 (par 67)
    R-3: 43 (par 54)

There are a lot of Ottawa (M) levels where I can't get near par though. I've only managed M-1, M-6 and M-9 from that group.

6. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Many of the new levels (361-400) are tough...:confused:
    Expert Mode: Quitting and restarting the App fixed the problem.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The par scores in Expert Mode seemed pretty accurate for the first 100 levels, but I'm finding more that don't add up as I get further through again.

R-4 can also be beaten well under par (-8), as can R-6 (-3) and S-2 (-6). Meanwhile, I can't see how some can be beaten in the par score. Some are close, but others seem way off. S-3 has a par of 57 and I don't think you can do better than 104.

8. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    I agree, Mr. Bez.
    M-7 has a par score of 51. It's easy to see that that must be a mistake. If you find the optimal routes for each colour individually, disregarding the other colours, you get:
    yellow: 23
    green: 8
    red: 14
    blue: 11
    which adds up to 56. Clearly anything below that is impossible.

This is a shame, because now if I can't find par, I don't know whether I haven't tried hard enough or it's just an impossible score...

Apart from M-7, I have my doubts about: H-9, M-2, M-4, M-5, M-10, N-5, N-8, N-9, N-10. Can anybody confirm that par is possible for these?

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    @Pantsjo N-5 and N-10 are possible. I got under par on both.

10. Markus-BC

Markus-BC Active Member

#90 Markus-BC, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    The 1.4.0 version of the game seems to have indeed some wrong par values at least on some levels (S-3 is for sure one of them) :mad:. This is very unfortunate, and we're now working to get all the values fixed and verified. We're very sorry about this! We hope to get the updated version submitted for Apple's review in a couple of days. Patience please!

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I assume you're going to adjust levels where the par score is too high as well as those that are impossible to beat?

Here's a list of my under par levels so far (starting from S):
    S2,9, T1, V6, W7, X4
    FA2, FB1,2,4,6,8,9
    FC3-4,7-8, FD2,4-7,10
    FE1-8,10, FF1-5,7

12. Markus-BC

Markus-BC Active Member

Yes, we're going through all the Expert Mode scores manually at the moment, and we're also lowering the par value for some levels. All of those levels you mentioned should also have a lower par value on the upcoming update.

Some of the levels will still have a par value that is possible to be beaten -- but we try to manually verify that all of the Expert Mode flags can now be achieved. (This is a bit of a job, but we trusted our outdated database of the par values, and didn't verify all of the solutions manually -- I guess we got what we deserved of being a bit lazy :D)

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'd send you a list of my best scores, but I'm too lazy as well! Maybe if I notice more after the next update. ;)

14. Markus-BC

Markus-BC Active Member

We've now submitted the update (v1.4.1) for Apple's review, so we expect to get it out next week.

• * 26 levels have now bigger/easier par value, and 90 levels have now a smaller/harder par value. Everything is now manually verified and all the par values should be doable if we didn't screw up anything :D
    • * The update also contains a couple of bug fixes, one being the "hidden Expert Mode switch" bug that is now fixed (no restart needed anymore).
    • * Additionally there is a new feature to resume lost game progress based on Game Center achievements. Clicking on the trophy icon before completing any levels restores the progress, based on the 100% completed islands. The Expert Mode step counts are not restored. (yep, iCloud sync would be a good thing to have...)

Thanks for reporting the issues! We appreciate it!

(... and now after 3 days of bug fixing and hunting the par values for the Expert Mode, we're relieved to get back to work with our upcoming game ;) )

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    If it is anything close to the quality of RGBE, I will buy two of them! (too bad it is not possible on the AppStore)
    Any spoilers? :cool:

16. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Apple is taking its time with the update ...

For a next update, only wishes I would have is a leaderboard on par values (under/over) and save slots. That would make it a 7 star game from the 6 star it already is, that is, more than perfect! :D

17. Markus-BC

Markus-BC Active Member

Ok, the update 1.4.1 is finally out on the App Store! All the par values in the Expert Mode should now be doable. For some levels it is still possible to find solutions that are under the par. If you find any problems with this version, please tell us here or email us at [email protected].

Regarding our upcoming game:

Our next game will be something completely different: it's a clicker game. A casual free-to-play title. Sounds terrible, doesn't it? But we're trying our best to make it as fun as possible. A very early prototype version already got some positive feedback, and it made people laugh, so we are hopeful that it'll turn out to be good :). Initial impressions here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Make+More%21/news.asp?c=67355
    The poster art of the game captures its essence quite well:
    [​IMG]

We're not promising this feature yet, but we might add it some day. We know it'd be a nice add-on for the hardcore players of the game, some friends who have helped with the beta testing (and now gotten addicted to the game again with the Expert Mode) have requested the same.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great update. Pleased to see a lot of par values both increased and decreased (I lost my perfect rating on Island 3!).

For anyone interested, these are the levels where I still have a score which is below par, along with my score. They're all Future levels:
    FA2 (53)
    FC3 (47), FC9 (49)
    FD6 (38), FD10 (56)
    FE6 (43)
    FF1 (55), FF3 (65), FF4 (56), FF7 (73)
    FG1 (61), FG7 (66), FG8 (60), FG9 (46)
    FH6 (85)

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Cool! I haven't all of these or you have them "underparrer", heck, I still have plenty over par :), but I do have some others:
    FB-10 (63)
    FC-4 (55), FC-8 (50)
    FE-5 (52)
    FF-3 (63), FF-5 (66)
    FG-2 (60), FG-5 (42)

I am at 355 out of 400 now as completing the game is concerned, and at my current progression rate I'll complete it around new year :D

20. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I do wonder why you make a terrible sounding game and then do your best to make it as fun as possible nevertheless :D hahahaha I'm kidding of course, I know you meant "terrible" to the ears of hard-core puzzlers.
    I have no idea if this could be a game for me, but I definitely will give it a try and do wish it will be a success for you!

And thanks for the update of RGBE!