Universal Revolt - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by andan007, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

It might help a bit on the later levels, but its not going to be magic.

But, the Lights Out Mode should run much smoother if you want to play the entire game like that.

2. chengye

chengye Member

May 25, 2010
    This game lagges too much on my itouch 2g, and the game is about the same every level. All the upgrape is the basically the same, and the background is basically the same every level

3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Looks like another game that doesn't live up to the hype......Where is NOVA 2

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    wat does this game have anything to do with Nova 2.

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Ni=othing...I just want nova 2

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So why did you post here? And what makes you think it didn't live u to the hype?

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Superb game. The most ambitious, as well as the most satisfying dual stick shooter on the platform. With that in mind, I can forgive it a lot - and I'm asked to - because technically it deserves some more work:

Frame rate in general is acceptable but could be better.

Frequent intermittent freezes occur as a result of explosions, effects.

Also, this game is absolutely crying out for online multiplayer. Is there any chance this is on the cards?

Overall, I'm recommending this game warts and all, but hoping for some optimization fixes in the future. Also, please note, impressions from playing on a 4G Touch. I suspect technical issues would be more intrusive on older devices.

8. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sounds like the game's still in beta. I'll be more than happy to pay the $3 when and if it gets fixed.

9. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    I don't really like rolling that much. the animation looks unrealistically slow. Also, the character model for the main character looks pretty bad, especially on the main screen. Maybe when the game is at the main screen the model could be replaced with a higher poly one?

Other than that and the occasional freezes, Gabrien is right. This really is the best dual stick shooter in the appstore to date. I love how the bullets make a sound when the hit something, even if they are offscreen.

10. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
  11. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Universal? It looks to me like an iPod version upscaled to the larger screen. The low res UI/HUD bothers me somewhat. Other than that plays pretty well on iPad without rebooting. I'd love to see an option to move controls around a bit, so they're not all in opposite corners of the screen.

12. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Wow! Great game! Plays like a dream on iPad!

13. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Its a good game but within updates it could be great!!

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks really good, but questioning how bad the lag is on a 2G iPod Touch.

15. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    I agree! The HUD looks upscaled, although graphics are nice it seems impossible to move camera while running and gunning or even reload... which is a major flaw!

16. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Game Impressions

I am pretty much satisfied with this game. The hight polished look of the game is amazing. And the Controls are good too. I have to play more to decide how good they are but aiming seems a little bit offset.

Just playing a few minutes now, the only one thing that started to annoy me from the beginning is the sounds of the foosteps of the character. It sounds all clunky and distracting of the gameplay, besides that they are too loud!

Also running animation does not look really sophisticated, it could be better.

But this game is def. worth the $3 it will cost soon.

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Finally!

18. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I really like this game, graphichs and atmosphere is great, as well as the action.

Controls works well apart from one issue which really annoys me; It's very hard to recenter the camera, especially while in combat. It's done by pressing on the character, and he is quite far from the buttons, especially on the ipad. It really needs a seperate button or maybe the abillity to just press once anywhere on the screen.

Other than that I really like it.

19. leogodoy

leogodoy Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    This still needs some work. I mean, I have the latest iOS hardware and it still lags during explosions...

Overall a nice game with cool graphics, but they have to fix this.