Universal Revolt - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by andan007, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

Revolt on Steam

Time to bring the dead back to life! After many long years, Revolt has gotten a major graphical update and is coming to Steam! Also contains some new equipment and gameplay tweaks. If you're an old time fan of this classic game, check it out!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502496874

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice,

I looked at this game a while back when it was linked in a post. Will you also be updating the iOS version? I'd love to get in on the iOS version.

Billy

3. Graphicalgeek

I'm not sure if the iOS version will get updated. The changes that have been made greatly separate the gameplay from the quick session type of play of mobile games, and are now much more indicative of a PC game with longer matches and much longer level completion times. The number of enemies has also been increased, and they are also faster, tougher, and more lethal.

The major point of the update was to rip out all the old-custom UI code and replace it with Unity's native GUI with controller support, and also to significantly boost the graphics. To get it back onto iOS would be a huge undertaking of adding all new touch control UI, and potentially un-working some of the graphic updates that aren't as simple to optimize per platform.

If an iOS update happens it will be if/after the game gets to Greenlight, and currently the percentage is at 72%, which its been stuck at for a few days now, so please vote and share if you wanna see what an even more awesome game this has become. :)

Thanks!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'll go vote as soon as I get home. Sounds good!

Billy

5. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm so sick and tired of people saying that ios games are only for quick sessions.
    Just take a quick look at The Quest,Gta,Bioshock,Terraria,Galaxy on Fire,Final fantasy,KOTOR,Battlestation:harbinger,Foursaken media games,Monster hunter freedom unite,Aralon - sword and shadow,Avadon/Avernum,Baldur's gate/icewind dale,Slitherine games.

Yeah,these games were SO meant for short and quick sessions.

It's not like I'm craving to start a yet another useless argument but such developers don't seem to understand that iOS games are NOT only meant for quick playing sessions.

Like somebody will gain entertainment by playing some energy bar game for 5 minutes,yeah,sure.
    That's not playing and that's not gaming at all.

6. Graphicalgeek

Yeah, that's true. More and more 'games' are making their way to mobile now that phones are more powerful, and as tablets become more popular as a main/only computing device. I guess its more personal preference that if I'm going to play a highly twitch dual stick game for long periods of time, I'd much rather do it on a large screen with a controller.

Regardless of this argument, there's still much more work that would be needed to bring it to mobile, and honestly I think I'd rather bring it to consoles first. When Revolt was first created in '09-10, there were only 2 almost identical iOS devices to support. Now....:eek: