iPad Reviews in the AppStore really tick me off sometimes....

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monopoly, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I hate when I look at a game and I see a million 5-4 star reviews and then amongst them all I'll see a review left by "iPodboi1337" saying "I could not get this game to load so its not good" and then that person will leave a 1 star review.

Reviews like this really mess with ratings on the app store and three should be a way to get rid of them.

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    there have been threads on this already. Yes, I hurts the devs and the games' score but there's not really anything we can do about it right now.

3. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

What also seems to be messing the review system up lately, is that bright new feature in iPhone 2.2. Delete-to-rate. Logic says, if your deleting an app from your springboard, you despise it so much that you don't care for it. This rating is garanteed to always be low in most cases - Why have the feature?

R-Fly

4. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Agreed. I dislike this feature. :mad:

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think they need to delete all reviews having to do with a game crashing. Unless the game really does have a problem of constant crashing. At least 90% of the time, the only reason a game crashes is because you haven't reset your iPhone in a while... There are way too many one star game crash reviews :p

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Everytime I see one of those reviews, I say in my head:

"Let's see, there's about, oh, 700 4-5 starts reviews, and here you are with a 1-star review saying that the game crashes. Well, chances are that THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR iPHONE, MORON!".

Yeah, it helps :rolleyes:

What pisses me off more though are reviews that have random star ratings with comments like: "yeh, its awsom but borig aftr while, cant jump, hfdjskfn..." Come on, guys, coherent sentences...

7. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    whoa I didn't know that stuff got sent in I thought I was for your personal use not the world oops I have been reviewng low then now I know

8. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    ya thats why I posted this, if you look at the reviews for Rolando they are all 5 stars, one 4 star, and one guy who gave it 2 stars because it kept crashing....:rolleyes:

9. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    What really puzzles me is a 1 one star review with a positive review attached. I saw one 2 star review recently where the person said it was a good game. May have been Rolando.

10. terrible

11. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    That's a problem too. The stars are set at 1 when you write a review, so even if people love the game, and forget to rank the stars, it shows up as a 1 star

12. you can delete the review

but yeah those who are not observant will accidently give that 1-star rating

13. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    Wow just read a review for an app that generates video from audio utilizing the iphone mic in which the person said "it sucks, the next update should make it work for itouch" and gave it 2stars... Lol how do these people exist

14. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    You know what ticks me off more? People who are ticked by others' reviews. I completely stopped reading reviews altogether: I just buy whatever looks cool. I guess that makes me shallow, and pedantic...

15. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yea. They do stupid 1 star reviews saying crashes all the time. Restart your iphone idiot!!!!

16. kktp

kktp Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    May be AppStore should do something like what Amazon has. So you can : Was this review helpful to you? Yes or No. And also can report about the review

Report this content as inappropriate on the site:

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This information will be sent to Amazon.com and we will take appropriate action.

17. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

It does both those things already, at least in iTunes.

--Eric

18. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Well it should be like a youtube style comment rating system. If enough people rate a review as not helpful it should mute the review.

Meaning it's "rating" no longer effects the average, and it's collapsed by default, or even deleted completely. That way if everyone finds the review stupid, it will go away. Although there needs to be a pretty good threshold and only the really popular apps will probably get a chance to have this effect them. It would be better than the current system.

Also if an app has a crashing problem, and they patch it and the problem goes away, no one is going to go fix the reviews -.-

19. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    that really ticks me off, stupid people

20. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    i have seen a few that are just random letters and give the game 1 star