Universal ReversiQuest2 (by Yokogosystems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Nov 19, 2018.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I can't say for sure myself. I only have the app descriptions to go off of. Fast forwarding seems to be for people that just want to keep playing as much and as fast as possible. Not my style so I won't use it. But there are some people that don't care much about the story and just want to blast through stages so fast forward might be a thing to save them time and speed through battles. Or maybe they would want to see the ending as quick as they could.

Halved crystal consumption is for special shop items but I can't give my opinion on it just yet. The description makes it sound that this lets you get powerful equips faster so it might not be necessary unless you are not very good at the game or if you want to get items a lot earlier. Probably up to preference. I'll play more and see if the shop items are really that essential to get early but I would assume this is just to speed up your progress similar to Fast Forward.

If you want it all / want to support them, buying the full set with everything is probably what I would recommend. But if you're strapped for cash I'm sure you can live with just unlocking the full version. I think this is a good enough game to warrant a purchase, especially since you can try it before you buy it. You know exactly what you're getting.

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Bought the full version (£4.99 in UK) to show my support for this cracking gem of a game.
    Further chapters to be added as well I see.

3. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    not on the french store :(((

Ringerill likes this.
  4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Thanks for taking the time to answer. Once I understood what each one was, I bought the complete pack without a second thought. The game is worth it for the gorgeous pixel art alone.

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    While I love the look of the game and the premium price tag and all, I can’t get past the feeling that the game is like playing a game of chess against a computer...... no matter how smart I think I am playing the AI is always just one step ahead of me and never makes a bad move.
    It would probably work better with some sort of multiplayer option.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That's not necessarily true. The AI has missed some moves I expected it to make that would flip the board but I make mistakes more often. And it's easier to get the upperhand if you start with a lot more health and use magic abilities to your advantage. The AI is competent but you have plenty of ways to outsmart it. When I play I usually think about putting my pieces in a manner where the AI has trouble flipping it (often the edge) and giving it only weak openings.

7. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    This is ALMOST as exciting as a sequel to Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes lol. It’s based on othello instead, but it give me a similar strategic feel and I think I’m going to love it. I haven’t finished the prologue yet, but I THINK I’m going to hit buy. I DO wish characters could equip multiple pieces of gear though, at least two so you could have a shield and something else, but meh...we’ll see.

jkluk23 likes this.
  8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ive seen coupla times AI killed itself placing itself on spikes so it can make a bad move methinks

9. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hey even with some of the personal negative opinions on the game, I still sort of kept playing, I didn’t buy the full game just because it’s a little pricey for me on a personal level (not an in general level I fully support premium priced games on mobile) but with Black Friday and cyber Monday my iTunes credits are being saved for game sales that only come around this time of year. But the COST cap IS a more of a gacha f2p game thing, that goes up a little bit every rank which allows you to add more units to your party without going over the other cap the game has which is the normal cap that you would see in any regular jrpg/srpg. The cap that says you can bring say 11 fighters, 3 healers, 3 mp suckers ( that’s just what I call em) that one is the normal type of cap but the one that says each unit costs 5 points and you can only have up to 55 points in a team where that 55 goes up a little every rank, that’s the extra cap that doesn’t belong. I get what was said earlier about it keeping you from basically OP’ing yourself but honestly the other cap does that just fine. But I’ll tell you at least in the epilogue, goblin punch is the shit man, at least for levels with goblins in them. Make sure you guys equip your mp sucker with the orb in one of the 2 parties you start with (I use it in party 2 with the healer as leader) then just gather mp, and let the enemy fill the board with goblins then goblin punch and bam you win :p there’s plenty of time to waste on this game even before moving on to chapter 1. Like I said I haven’t bought it yet and the epilogue still is some areas I haven’t done (if you count rank 2 of each area) which is cool if you find the same equipment item it just powers up the old one but once you find the ogre slayer you won’t want anything else ;) at least for the epilogue. I do recommend the game the iaps aren’t bad but if I were you, if you are a compltionist like me get the full pack at 7.99 only because you’re gonna find yourself replaying levels over and over and over for those bronze/silver/gold tickets which you need to do some areas which again those areas would need to be redone quite a few times too and even thought the dungeons aren’t too huge the slow pacing of one space at a time does get a little tedious where I kind wish I had a way to speed things up a bit but don’t worry the auto battle mechanic and fast forward are only useable after you complete a level so you cant just rush through new places and story but if you buy the 7.99 pack you get everything which is at a pretty discounted price because if you buy the main game at 4.99 then find out a few days later you want half gem consumption that’s 3.99 more which is already more then the completely pack, then if you want fast forwarding that’s another 3.99 . Now you’ve almost spend double. Plus the complete pack does come with 2 extra features not in the list and that’s auto battle and full level map that shows where you’ve gone before (not just the what’s near you with the compass you have now)

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  10. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I am very much enjoying this game! The art direction is phenomenal, the combat is fun and strategic. I really wish this could have gained traction and been more of a hit for the developer. The only issue I’ve noticed is that the cloud saves are broken. I’ve reached out to the developer, but gotten no reply.

11. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    New update! Chapter 4 and ready for it.... ICLOUD fix!!!!

12. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Wow, chapter 4 added, I’m impressed.

13. Neotheny

Neotheny Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Great game. Apart from the tactics, i spend a lot of time optimising pawn selection and equipment which has the feel if building a deck. Hopefuly other chapters fill roll out soon. The pace at which they are releasing them is really slow.

14. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Ver 1.07 - Now available:
    ・Chapter 4 is now available
    ・Golden Ingots and Crystal Sources can now be used all at once
    ・Retreating to the world map from the VS screen is now available
    ・Checking the troop details during the VS screen is now available
    ・Language selection (Japanese / English) is now available

Bug fixes:
    ・Fixed incorrect explanation of some rewards on the Quest Details screen
    ・Fixed some texts including dialogue
    ・Fixed items that increase Base Cost to work properly
    ・Fixed an issue where Phillemon Tower was showing the incorrect floor number
    ・Fixed an issue where the Gear Enhancement Levels shown on Character Pawns were incorrect
    ・Fixed an issue where the data saved on iCloud was unshareable between models
    ・Fixed overall game balance

It would be updated to 9 chapters in total. :)

Ijipop likes this.
  15. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hey!

I’ve been really enjoying the prologue so I want to buy the full game. I wanted to know if there was a new game + or something else that would make me considering buying the x3 speed. I am NOT into speed run. Doing the same game over again when there is nothing new is not my cup of tea. Any advice?

16. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #36 Son of Anarchy, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    If you like the game and you know that you’re going to spend some time with it, then the 3x speed option is definitely worth it. If you want all the loot, you have to complete each dungeon at least three or four times so a fast forward comes in ~very~ handy. I’m not into speed runs either, and to be honest it shouldn’t really be selling as a ‘feature’. It should just be an option that’s part of the game.

But they have to make money somehow and I applaud them for this payment model instead of destroying it with a free to play catastrophe.

If you get the complete pack you also get ‘auto battle’ and access to a map that shows you where you’ve been and where you need to go which makes things a lot easier. In short, the complete pack is your best option and ultimately the optimum way to play the game.

Also I’ve found that just playing the game is lots of doing the same thing over again, so without the fast forward I don’t think I’d make it to the end.

Ijipop likes this.
  17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    This game honestly is one of the best premium releases on the app store the past year. Really well made, lots of playability and the quality is excellent. I still would like to recommend it and if anyone could support it by spending some money. The gameplay isn't the norm but it's really fun once you get the hang of it.

Ijipop likes this.
  18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @Son of Anarchy
    and
    @L.Lawliet

I’ve been procrastinating over this game for some time now. Every time I played the prologue I couldn’t quite get my head around the combat.
    Well I tried again today and finally things started to make sense. Thinking a move ahead of myself opened up the tactical opportunities that the game gives you.
    So I relooked at the cost of purchases.
    Ouch, $17.99AUD for the complete package! :confused:
    Then I read what you two guys just posted about the game being premium and the payment model and supporting the devs and I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth is, as I also desperately want to support premium iOS games.

Thanks for the needed push guys. :D

Ijipop likes this.
  19. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Wow, $18 bucks for the full package now! (I’m in Australia too) I don’t think it was that much when I got it . Think I paid around $11.99 (which is a bit more reasonable) It’s definitely a good game once it clicks. I found it quite addictive leveling up and collecting loot (I needed ALL the loot lol) and it has content that lasts months. Maybe a bit pricey (now) but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Great to see a fellow Aussie in the forum
    It doesn’t surprise me if the game cost less at the beginning, a lot of games do give discounts for early purchases.
    The only reason I hesitated was because the combat was so different than the usual turn based tactical rpg’s that I usually find myself buying.

I’m also a loot hoarder, I just love drops. I want everything a game has to offer. If I get a really decent... lets say, legendary or something similar in a game, I high five myself and let out a “YES!!” and the misses comes in thinking we have won the lottery or something. :D

I need help though.
    After getting the full game it says that by “ pressing on the screen you can make the game go three times faster.........” umm pressing what?
    And when does the Crystal Collector come into the game?
    I’m still in the Prologue (I took a step into chapter one but decided to go back to completely finish the prologue)...yeah I know but as mentioned above..... I like to get everything!

Son of Anarchy likes this.