Universal Reventure (by Pixelatto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Makara Nou, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    but you can re-select each unlocked character, and even rename it, in the options, in case you don't like your new look.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I know, but I don’t think I dislike any new character I unlock. On the contrary. It’s pretty difficult to choose one favorite. They’re all just too cool and awesome. And some of them are crazy weird.:) So far I’m playing with what I’m stuck with by default. As it’s meant to be, I guess. Do you have favorite?;)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeaaahhhh, Botox is a must have!!! :D

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Right, that’s the cool one. I got 30 so far. Hard to pick. Seriously. All equally hilarious.:D

4A634247-6773-4807-AC30-7C5504FF3570.jpeg

0DBAEB01-BB8E-431D-8A75-60C3E516C736.jpeg

FD4C9C8A-6E91-4D1E-AC28-8425DA0E395A.jpeg

Ringerill and Gwarmaxx like this.
  5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I know piracy rates are a lot higher on Android since it's much easier to install pirated games compared to iOS, so maybe they're trying to make up the difference by charging more? That does sound incredibly annoying though.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m only on death 14 although the last one I got was pretty funny, before that I didn’t know what to do to kill myself I couldn’t find one I just kept getting further and further along and then learnt I can die the same way twice....but let’s not do that again.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk you don’t have to kill yourself. There are happy-endings as well.:) And some deaths and endings are not repeatable. Those that are - you learn to avoid as that’s the point of getting further. Anyway, all those endings has one important thing in common: they’re all hilarious.:D Have fun!

ste86uk likes this.
  8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heads up: Android version is once again full price. If you've been eyeing the iOS version in the hopes that it goes on sale, I think it's safe to assume it won't be going on sale. Doesn't help that the developers haven't been answering queries about the difference in price, but again, I hope this stupid dilemma hasn't cost them any sales. Game's still very worth the asking price. :)

macplash likes this.
  9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Well, it’s the weekend! That means I’ve actually got a little time to play games, and Jared’s Touch Arcade Game of the Week article for Reventure gave me the push I apparently needed for grabbing this up. Thanks Jared! Time to see what all the fuss is about :)

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm controller support?

with having one switch to share between myself and my wife, animal crossing has kind of put a damper on buying it on the switch.

thanks in advance!

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #51 ste86uk, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Got to 36 endings so far and still enjoying the game wanting to explore more and see what will happen next.

macplash and houseofg like this.
  12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Any one playing on a big iPad Pro?
    I’m curious if the controls are user friendly on the big screen.

13. andsoitgoes

Sorry to be a pest - but can anyone confirm if there’s controller support? I just can’t do platformers without a controller and this one is a little pricy to just take the hit.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @andsoitgoes really don’t worry about the controls. Hopefully someone else can answer the control part for you but it really isn’t a platformer like you have come to know.

It’s more of an adventure and exploration, where your figuring out all the things to do and ways to get the 100 game endings. Some are quick and easy and some not so quick or easy to figure out. The controls work perfectly fine and you don’t need to be accurate or quick etc you just play at your pace and enjoy it.

I’m up to 39 so far and I think just over 2 hours into the game taking my time and enjoying it and haven’t had any problems.

15. andsoitgoes

To clarify it’s any movement using the glass. Unless it’s something like holedown, pressing on the screen for constant movement kills my RSI, so movement/jumping in any real form is a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

unless it’s true point and click, I need a controller unfortunately

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #56 macplash, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    It's not Universal. It's iPhone only. The controls are ginormous because the app's zoomed in. Although they've added some more button adjustment in latest update (yesterday). I reached out to the developer about future possibility for iPad support, but it's been days without an answer, so who knows. It actually looks cute on iPhone. Especially those additional themes you come across during the gameplay. It completely changes the visuals.

edit>
    pallete.jpg

Ringerill and stubbieoz like this.
  17. andsoitgoes

So no one has a controller? I’m Really on the fence and under a lot of other circumstances I’d just buy it sight unseen, but it’s $5 Canadian and our belts our tight, don’t expect I’ll get a reply from the devs at this point.

the fact that it’s not universal makes me worry about it having support. Sorry to be a pest, but this game is calling for me

18. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I have just finished all the 100 endings and boy what is hard. Thanks god there are some hints, even if some are more misleading than helpful...
    And not to spoil you but the 100th ending is not the end of the game. So be ready to enjoy it even after finishing it :)

@andsoitgoes You can go on their Discord server and ask them there maybe?

Makara Nou likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Damn I'm impressed by that. That must have taken you ages !

Agree about the Android version, due to piracy levels i've seen a lot of games generally higher on Android.

Anyway time to play this, cant believe Ringerill has completed it !

20. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    9 hours to be precise :)
    But at some point, you can just guess what you have to do. Some places are really well hidden though but you can always see some kind of clue that something must happen there.
    At some point, you also get a Compass so you can know where some endings are, based on your hints. However, for some end game hints, the compass was just rotating everywhere... Don't know if it was a bug or deliberate so that you have to think about the last endings.

Yeah, that's quite sad... They even have a special role for those who have pirated the game on their Discord server!