iPad rev counter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by soup, Mar 8, 2009.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I found this yesterday on Appsniper, graphics look amazing, gameplay sounds.... Lacking like straight line, rail racing? I'm curious to, as BigAlbie notes, see gameplay video.

4. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Hopefully, there's a video soon. Otherwise, I may give this a try in a day or two and post impressions.

5. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    normally i would be emailing the dev right now but i am way too busy right now. Sorry!

6. bow

bow Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    it says it tests you on a 400m straight road...
    it seems like that is it

pretty lame

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    There is now a second 5 star review, doesn't appear to be shill.....

8. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Interesting just saw it...I may have to use my lunch money for this :D

9. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I sent the devs an email asking them for a video and also to let them know about TA. The more I read the description on their site, the more realize that this is a time trial game where you simply race straightaway on a 400m course to see if you can beat the best times. There are some shift and clutch gears that you can use which affect your speed and times. I'm hoping there's more to this than what I'm assuming.

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ahhh ok not that fascinating then :)

11. JediOne

JediOne Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Fun for 2-5 minutes

I have the game - it's fun for when you have a spare 2-5 minutes. The graphics and sound are decent and it can become slightly addictive trying to get better times :)

As for the game itself, it's as people have mentioned/guessed - all you're doing is racing for 400m straight, trying to achieve a quick time. Nothing more or less. The game has 3 cars you can choose from - two are 5 speed with the other being 6 speed. Not sure what the differences between the cars are beside their gearboxes - I haven't noticed any differences, but then I haven't played for that long...

The challenge to the game is in the shifting of your gears as you have to draw/trace the actual movement of the gearstick to its respective gear on the left side of the screen - there's no clutch, so you remove your finger from the accelerator on the right side of the screen before you draw the movement for the gear change. The accelerator is also sensitive in that the higher up you press on the accelerator image, the faster the car will accelerate.

All in all, I think it's a fun game for the asking price - it's certainly something I'll be going back to now and again, just to improve my times :)