Return to Grisly Manor

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by firemaplegames, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Any news on release date. Been waiting what seems like a year. Anticipation is high. This game looks amazing

2. Thanks so much. We feel it is without a doubt our best work - gameplay, art, function and sound wise! We do not have a release date yet, but have started to see the end coming :) We will post more pics here and definitely post dates once we can be sure of our timeline. And it has been a year (more)..thats why it feels like a year!

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    So looking doward :)!!

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Take your time. Didn't mean anything by the waiting a year. It looks well worth the wait . Love these games but only a small number of them . Agent a and lost city are my favorite and Agent a was the only one I played all the way through and this looks similar to the art style.

Can't wait to try this one out. Do you happen to have a Twitter I can follow

5. #25 firemaplegames, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Yes, we have our Twitter - https://twitter.com/firemaplegames and our Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FireMapleGames

Thanks so much for your support.

6. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Looking really good! Needless to say but we're really excited about this one at Glitch towers! Our next game will be put on hold whilst we're playing it, so anyone waiting for it, sorry, blame Firemaple! :)

7. #27 firemaplegames, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Wow. Thanks to you both...very flattering! But don't be too quick to blame us for any slow downs because its still gonna be a bit on our end :) Keep up the good work too, you guys make great stuff.

P.S. I am HOPING that Glitch Towers is referencing Faulty Towers!! One of my old favorites from the golden age of TV!

8. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Well if you hold it off a bit you'll give us a chance to work on our new one, so yea maybe delay a bit to give us a chance :)

Haha yea, love that show! - don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it all right.

9. Its official..we have a Title Screen!

[​IMG]

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Great news

11. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Now just to make the rest of the game ;)

Very excited for this!

12. *** cork board contest ***

[​IMG]

We wanted to share this contest we are doing through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FireMapleGames/photos/a.148255815290963.29595.134027496713795/864646203651917/?type=3&theater) here too in case anyone would know someone who would be interested!

"We wanted to do something fun for our younger Fire Maple Fans (and their parents) and came up with what we think is an awesome idea!. We have made a screen in our next game that will showcase 3 lucky children's artwork. Thats right..the winners will have their art inside a real adventure game!! The drawing needs to be inspired by one of our three games (The Secret of Grisly Manor, The Lost City or The Hidden World). We are hoping to encourage drawing, creative activity and to show appreciation for the amount of younger children that have followed our games over the years! Obviously we know that we are posting to parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, family friends and babysitters, so this is a call to all of you that think they know a child that will enjoy the challenge! And please SPREAD THE WORD if you think others you know may enjoy the idea!"

ALL SUBMISSIONS will be uploaded to a new section of our website that will showcase this super awesome art!! So everybody is a winner.

THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    1. Deadline is March 13th.
    2. One submission per child.
    3. Art must be inspired by one of our three adventures.
    4. Sign drawings only with initials.
    5. Send PM (Private Message) on Facebook with best quality phone or camera pic of drawing, preferably with edges of paper visible. DO NOT post on actual Page
    6. Drawing can be on any color paper or on white.
    7. Submit name and hometown in Facebook PM for acknowledgment on website.
    8. By submitting to contest you agree to have child's artwork displayed on our website's fan art showcase
    9. There is no compensation for any submissions (just bragging rights).

We will announce the winners here after all submissions are in!

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this game.

14. Two.E

Two.E Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Very talented! Really liking the progress thus far.

15. Return to Grisly Manor Official Trailer!!

https://youtu.be/_cXq6iO2cPM

** Please share and help us spread the word! ** After 2 years we are so close and appreciate everyone rooting for us. We are finishing up the art now and moving on to the writing, translation and testing phase. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting so much brighter!!

Its been a long (and at times difficult) journey making this one, but a rewarding one. When we made The Secret of Grisly Manor in 2009 I don't think we could have ever believed we would be here 7 years later making the sequel. We have come a long way since that day we drew out the original manor at a coffee shop..but mostly we are still the same 2 "big kids" making games :) GO INDIE!

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    dont tell me this game is canceled?

17. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I don't think it is. They're just working hard on it and as much as we have to wait, it's always worth it.

18. #38 firemaplegames, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    NO WAY!! We are at the part of the project where we are done - but not done. We are making some gameplay edits now that we see it all working and have shared it with a few people. We are also finishing up all the text and audio. Still need to work with localizers to get translated and then TEST TEST TEST. Hoping to get it out in the beginning of August. Thanks for checking and for caring enough about this one to actually be upset if it doesn't come out!! (thats a good thing) :)

19. NO WAY!! We are at the part of the project where we are done - but not done. We are making some gameplay edits now that we see it all working and have shared it with a few people. We are also finishing up all the text and audio. Still need to work with localizers to get translated and then TEST TEST TEST. Hoping to get it out in the beginning of August. Thanks for checking and for caring enough about this one to actually be upset if it doesn't come out!! (thats a good thing) :)

20. Thanks podbud!