Universal Return of the Zombie King (by Chris Zukowski)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Oct 17, 2016.

1. zukalous

zukalous Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Thanks man!

2. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
  3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Happy Birthday!!! :)

nyanpass likes this.
  4. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Enjoying this game so far. Playing it in short bursts. Few questions

1) So has anyone managed to beat that super hard next to last level? I'm halfway through the game and just wondering if I'm in for frustration in my near future.
    2) I'm unclear on what the hippocampus upgrade does. There seems to be a shadow of the character according to the description, but again, what does it do?
    3) Any recommendations for the best level to farm for gold?

5. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    1) As far as I know, everyone's levels are a bit randomized. The dev offered good advice here:
    2) The hippocampus just shows you where you last died. Not one of the more useful abilities IMO

3) The gold mines, obviously - but in my experience, every level that occurs immediately after a gold mine level seems to be pretty flush with gold and on the easier side. IMO the easiest way to improve your gold haul is to upgrade "No Hit Bonus" to the max (5x) as early as possible. That way, any level you don't get hit in earns you ~1000 coins just from the no hit bonus.

6. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    With the level randomness, are all the levels guaranteed to be passable? I'm stuck at 9-5, with the character maxed (minus the boots bonus ability which comes next level ... but, with 50K coins, and nothing else to level up, its really not needed). My best run after 50+ attempts getting me only to about 80% complete. With the rain requiring double or wall jumps to get up to ledges; tons of bridges; and more than 6 spike areas (eg, eventually requiring jumps), I don't see a way past the level.