Universal Retroman - Precision-Engineered NES Emulation for iOS (by Konstantinos Papadakis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kotsoum, Jun 26, 2024.

1. kotsoum

kotsoum Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #21 kotsoum, Jul 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
    Retroman is now on Product Hunt!
    If you like it, I'd really appreciate a rating and review.

2. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #22 kotsoum, Jul 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    Retroman is FREE for a limited time!

Download now from the App Store to experience smooth, authentic NES gameplay on your iPhone or iPad: App Store link

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    After the latest updates, my conclusion is still a little mixed. The developer responds very quickly, I like the emulator better than RetroArch in many places.

Many of my criticisms have also been resolved. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be 100% compatible with the original NES. One of my games crashes completely and won't load at all. Another game has major graphical problems. Both work perfectly under RetroArch.

I'm also really annoyed that there is no library for your own collection, so you always have to go back to the ROMs when you've been in history.

If improvements are made here, Retroman for the NES will be a good alternative.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Agree with the above. Many ROMs I have don’t seem to load. And yes if badly needs its own library of games once you import them

5. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    Thank you for your feedback. To help us better understand and potentially address the compatibility issues you're experiencing, could you please provide:
    1. The titles of the two games you mentioned (the one that crashes and the one with graphical problems)
    2. If you know it, the mapper number or name for these games
    This information will be very helpful in investigating the compatibility issues. If you're not sure about the mapper, just the game titles would be great.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Some of the games I tired was 1942 and Bubble Bobble. Worked fine in retro arch and Delta

kotsoum likes this.
  7. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    What is the issue exactly with those ROMs?

8. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    You can easily organize your ROMs in the "Retroman" folder created in the "On my phone" section of the Files app. This allows for quick access to your collection without always going back to the main ROM list. We're considering additional organizational features for future updates based on user feedback like yours.

Also, can you inform me about the ROM titles or even sent me the files so we can investigate your issue further?

9. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #29 kotsoum, Jul 5, 2024
    Retroman 2.0.0: Now Free and Better Than Ever!

We're excited to announce the release of Retroman 2.0.0, a major update that brings significant improvements and makes our premium NES emulator free for all iOS users!

What's New in Retroman 2.0.0:

• Now free to download! Experience classic NES gaming without any cost
    • Enhanced stability: Fixed crashes related to some NES mappers for smoother gameplay across more titles
    • Performance improvements: Enjoy even better emulation speed and responsiveness
    • Optimized rendering for a more authentic NES visual experience
    • Various bug fixes for improved overall stability

Download it for free from the App Store: App Store link

As passionate retro gaming enthusiasts, we've worked hard to make Retroman the best NES emulator for iOS. This update reflects our commitment to providing the ultimate NES experience on your iPhone and iPad.

We value your input! Please try out the new version and let us know what you think. Your feedback helps us continue improving Retroman.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I know as a dev you want downloads and it’s tricky. But I paid for this app and now it’s gone free I’m seeing adverts whether it’s at the bottom or just as I’m about to load a game

so this now isn’t for me. Not having adverts

Son of Anarchy and Mythbuster like this.
  11. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    Thank you for your feedback and for being an early supporter of Retroman. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our recent business decision to introduce ads. We made this change to make Retroman accessible to more users while sustaining its development. We hope you understand this decision, as it allows us to continue improving Retroman while making it available to a wider audience.

12. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    No, I have no sympathy for that. I have paid for this app and expect not to be bothered with advertising and tracking. I have deleted the app and will no longer download anything from this developer.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  13. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #33 kotsoum, Jul 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
    We understand your frustration. As you purchased Retroman before our business model changed, we'd like to offer you a full refund. You can request a refund from the AppStore. We appreciate your initial support and feedback.

14. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #34 kotsoum, Jul 8, 2024
    Exciting New Update v2.1.0!

• Now fully localized in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean!
    • Now free to download! Experience classic NES gaming without any cost
    • Enhanced stability: Fixed crashes related to some NES mappers for smoother gameplay across more titles
    • Performance improvements: Enjoy even better emulation speed and responsiveness
    • Optimized rendering for a more authentic NES visual experience
    • Various bug fixes for improved overall stability

We're committed to providing the best NES emulation experience on iOS. Your feedback helps us improve, so please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions or issues.

Download it for FREE here: App Store link

15. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #35 kotsoum, Jul 11, 2024
    Hello retro gaming enthusiasts!

I'm excited to announce a significant update for Retroman that brings several improvements and new features based on your valuable feedback.

What's New in Retroman v2.1.3:
    1. New Gamepad Connection View: Easily check the status of your Bluetooth controller connection.
    2. Enhanced Stability: Fixed crashes related to specific NES mappers for a smoother gaming experience.
    3. Enhanced Compatibility: Fixed minor mapper issues for improved game compatibility and stability.
    4. Performance Boost: Resolved memory issues for improved app performance and stability.
    5. UI Improvements: Adjusted positioning of Start/Select buttons for better usability.
    6. Various minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
    We're constantly working to improve your retro gaming experience. Your feedback has been instrumental in shaping these updates, and we're grateful for your continued support.

If you've tried the new version, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Are there any other features or improvements you'd like to see in future updates?

You can download or update Retroman on the App Store: App Store link

Thank you for being part of the Retroman community!

16. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    #36 kotsoum, Jul 13, 2024
    New Update: Retroman v2.1.4 Released!

I'm excited to announce a new update that brings some significant improvements, especially for our iPad users:

Key Updates:
    1. Full Screen Support for iPad: Experience your favorite NES games in landscape mode with a fully optimized, edge-to-edge display.
    2. General Performance Improvements: As always, we've made some under-the-hood tweaks to ensure smoother gameplay.
    We're constantly working to make Retroman the best NES emulator for iOS, and your feedback is a crucial part of that process. If you've had a chance to try the new update, we'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you for your continued support!

Download it for FREE here: App Store link

Stronsay likes this.
  17. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    Hey retro gaming enthusiasts!

I'm excited to announce a special event for Retroman, the premium NES emulator for iOS.
    For a limited time, we're offering the PRO version completely FREE of charge!

This is our way of saying thank you to our amazing community and giving everyone a chance to experience Retroman at its fullest.

To claim your FREE PRO version:
    1. Download Retroman from the App Store: App Store Link
    2. Open the app and tap the "crown" icon to access the upgrade section
    3. Tap "Upgrade to PRO" (the In-App Purchase is FREE during this event)
    ️ Why Retroman?

• Authentic emulation with attention to detail
    • Game controls that feel like the original
    • Support for external controllers for enhanced gameplay
    • Seamless iCloud sync for your game saves and settings

Whether you're reliving childhood favorites or exploring classic games for the first time, now's the perfect chance to experience Retroman at its fullest.

Don't miss out – the event ends soon!

Stronsay likes this.
  18. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    LAST CHANCE ALERT: Retroman PRO Giveaway

Attention retro gamers! This is your last chance to grab Retroman PRO absolutely FREE!

In just a few hours, Retroman PRO returns to its regular price. Don't let this pixel-perfect opportunity slip away!

Download now and level up your retro gaming experience!

Remember: Once it's gone, it's gone.

19. kotsoum

Feb 1, 2015
    Giveaway ended - Your Support Levels Up Retroman!

Thank you all for participating in the Retroman PRO giveaway! Your enthusiasm and support have been incredible. While the free offer for the PRO version has ended, Retroman continues to evolve thanks to your feedback.

For those who missed out, Retroman is still available for FREE with the option to buy the PRO version for a modest cost.

Keep gaming, and stay tuned for future updates and improvements!

20. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    I got it just in time the other day. Thanks for the giveaway!