Universal Retro Knight (by Noah Wilson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 30, 2018.

1. noahbwilson

noahbwilson Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Also please remember that Red/Blue/Green keys can be reused over and over again while in a specific area. They are reset once you get to the map. There are two Red Keyholes in the tutorial, one of which can be found when you "double back around" the second time through one of the zones.

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thanks for the tips. My game is making much more sense now.

3. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    HUGE 5.0 update coming in July. New features already tested and working. Long story short: if you own a house, your YARD can now be used as inventory slots. So you can just dump a few swords in your backyard for safe keeping. There's a lot to discuss and new stores will pop up to sell Lawn Ornaments. Please check www.retroknight.com for details, or hit me up on Discord to share ideas and see some screen shots!

Discord: https://discord.gg/fbe5EZw

4. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Something for everybody!

5. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
  6. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Retro Knight to be featured on news show on AMC this month. That's neat! I'll post more on the site about it later as details pop up.

I'm taking September to make a little game Dino Maker, but then I'm back 100% on Retro Knight 6.0, which will be a huge update.

- New Town Dirtball City which will be open to most users. You won't have to wait to level up (too much) to get there.
    - New Mine Cart Mini Game (similar to first, but new area)
    - New Hang Glider Mini Game
    - (Maybe) The option to buy your own Island. Must be Level 3+.

Come visit me at my Discord and check out screenshots for Dino Maker! I'm only on Day 3 of this game's development, and its actually really far already!

https://discord.gg/dvXxrBq

stubbieoz likes this.
  7. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    RETRO KNIGHT 5.6 NOW AVAILABLE! Be sure to get this before October 15th! With this tiny but important update out of the way, I can now focus on v6.0! There are also rumblings / rumors / what-have-you about another Retro Knight "side quest" game which will allow you to play as Grudge in another "reality" of sorts. This version will be more linear, and you'll be able to keep all your stuff and swap between both Retro Knight: Relics and Retro Knight: Something Else. Stay tuned. I'm still making a few other games in tandem (like Dino Maker and Anarchy Island), so this is really more of an "idea" right now.

8. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    After a quick meeting with my wife...

upload_2019-10-6_14-22-20.png

This game will openly parody the new Links Awakening. It is MUCH SMALLER than The Relics of General Importance, and doesn't even have a world map. The game follows Grudge as he ends up on a tropical island which he cannot escape. He meets Gus The Wizard, who tells him he must make a Tequila Sunrise in order to get off the island. So be it.

The game will be very confined, compact, and fairly linear. You'll have to venture around the tiny island, into small caves and dungeons, and around all around the island in search of Orange Juice, Tequila, Grendine, and a tiny umbrella.

Now, here's the totally cool part (aside form the other totally cool stuff already mentioned!

Retro Knight: The Secret of the Tequila Sunrise will use the same data from Retro Knight: The Relics of General Importance! You can use all your items in both games LIVE! So if you bought a Scooter in Kingdomland, you can then use that scooter in Tequila Sunrise! In addition, if you find _______ on the small island, you can bring it back to Kingdomland!

That's also were some even COOLER stuff pops up! Tequila Sunrise will serve as "DLC" for General Importance. In addition to the 4 items you must find to escape the island, there are 4 new items you can find/buy on the island and use in General Importance. If you wanna make a ton of Gnit, try selling them to people who don't have both games!

This new game will be $1, no ads, no in-app purchases, and full of fun. Look for it in 2020.

Gwarmaxx and stubbieoz like this.
  9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Exciting news!

10. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Spooky Days are here! Check out the towns for decorations, get a costume, and watch out! Some of the monsters are scarier than usual!

11. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    #111 noahbwilson, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    I am back!

I made two new games, several new puppet shows, opened a brand new website, and now I am back to say I'm working on RETRO KNIGHT 6.0! RK6 will have several cool new features which I hope will make the game even more fun to play.

1) New Pause Menu: Way cooler than it sounds. 32 Items to view at a time. Map highlights your orders. Detailed stats.
    2) Random Islands: The Balloon Baffoon will now take you to Randomly Generated Islands full of monsters and treasure.
    3) Bonus Tasks: No longer do you have a second round of orders. Bonus Tasks are simple tasks you can do to earn quick rewards.
    4) Dirt Ball City: You can buy an upgrade (Gnit, not real money) to visit Dirt Ball City! Rumor is that they sell guns and whips there, as well as some new oufits.
    5) Upgrade Adjustments: Knight Upgrades will now require LESS badges, but MORE GNIT. The king is greedy.
    6) Lighthouse Upgrade: Level 3 Knights can sail their boats faster with this upgrade.

AND MORE!

Here's the full list of ideas. Of course, I'll be also looking into further glitch-proofing, smaller adjustments, and hopefully squash more bugs.

http://www.retroknight.com/comingsoon.php

stubbieoz likes this.
  12. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Hey fans,

So Retro Knight 6.0 has gotten its butt kicked by the end of Flash, and I'm honestly really sick of Apple.

Over the last few months, I have taught myself HTML5, and I will be working towards porting ALL my games over to browser-based HTML5 games. All saved data will still apply, but Retro Knight might look slightly different when 6.0 (now HTML5 version) arrives.

I will be trying to keep it on mobile, but no promises.

Check out my plans at my new site www.arcadefest.com. Retro Knight (and all my games) will remain free forever.

"Tequlia Sunrise" may or may not happen. "The Bridge of Snacksylvania" will be remade in HTML5 as well. I'm also working on a smaller Arcade-RPG called The Viking Bunnies which will be due in a few months.

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Congrats on moving on to bigger and better things! You know I’ve been a long time fan and supporter I would be devastated to see Retro Knight go honestly :( mobile is my only gaming platform

14. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Well it will be moved to browser, but only to start.

There's even the possibility of getting it on the Switch, but that's a long ways away.

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Is there any possibility of making the iOS game playable offline?

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That would be great, if possible.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  17. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Only if I end up putting RK on Switch, which is easily a year way, if not more.

Plus, all your data is online, so you'd have to download it to a device and only play it on that device. And if your device is lost/broken/stolen ... nothing I can do.

Online play is honestly the best/safest way to play.

18. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    I'm just gonna post a link to my Discord as there are a TON of games I am making leading up to Retro Knight 6. These are all considered stepping stones to learning HTML5/Javascript, each game helping me master one important piece of the massive puzzle that is Retro Knight development. I will be posting info about all the games in development under ArcadeFest. Feel free to ask me about them and share suggestions.

https://discord.gg/hRvZsRCxF8

stubbieoz likes this.
  19. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Still loving the hell out of retro knight :D Can someone remind me what I’m supposed to be doing to get relic 4

20. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    I thought it was in Megamore Mines.