Universal Retro Knight (by Noah Wilson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 30, 2018.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh, thanks. I remember now reading about that feature but this was the first time I had encounted the fog.
    In fact I think it is the first weather condition I have seen since I started playing some time ago.

I would suggest that if a brand new player started their first game during a foggy day they too might think that something is up with their graphic settings, or maybe it’s just me. :confused:

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Wow that is cool that the weather affects things in the game I had never noticed it before :p

3. noahbwilson

noahbwilson Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    CLOVER DAYS ARE ALMOST HERE!

Clover Days are from March 10th to the 25th! They are similar to Heart Days in that you are going to be collecting CLOVERS. However, I wrote a song specifically for Clover Days that I think is pretty rad. Enjoy it when you visit the towns starting in about a week!

If you're lucky, you may even find some GREEN BEER! WOOT!

4. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    PS: Also, I hope you enjoyed the snowy months for the snow has retreated from the Rockview area. Also, SNOW is now RAIN in the weather pattern.

5. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    So i have gone through my 4.0 list and I have reordered a few things so that the COOL FUNCTIONALITY UPDATE can happen sooner while the NEW LEVELS AND UPGRADES update will happen later (and without having to update the App).

Things that are done:
    New HUD updates
    New Horde Meter
    New Horde Types (Level 2+)
    New Salons where you can change your appearance (and gender!)
    New items like Book of Magnets and Book of Bubbles
    Use Lucky Sticks as Temporary Torches

Things I have to do before 4.0:
    New Mini Game (few days work)
    New SCP Coin Connect (easy)
    Grudge's Computer (few days work)
    New enemies (several days)

Things that are going to be delayed as part of 4.0:
    Level 4 Upgrade
    Megamore Mines Access
    Lava Mines Access
    Forest of Fear Access
    New Builder Bros. Areas

I'll try to focus up and get this update out this month! Then I'm gonna do some more marketing and TONS of Level Design.

stubbieoz likes this.
  6. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    V4.0 to drop April 1st! No joke! A very cool upgrade will drop on April 1st that has a TON of neat, new features. However, before I get on with those, Megamore Mines and Level 4 Upgrade will NOT be available yet. This update is to roll out all the new features ASAP while I keep developing new areas. So, what are the new features?

1) You can open your own store and sell to other players. A house is required to SELL, but not BUY. Visit new Interweb Cafes to shop at online stores.

2) You can visit a salon and change your apperance, and even take your helmet off to show off your new hairstyle!

3) New Mine-Cart Rides Mini Game! This is a free add, but requires Tokens to play. Check it out near the south entrance to the Lost Mines.

4) SCP Coin Connect now lets you trade SCP Coins earned in other games for Gnit! Download SCP Arcade and play Retro Knight: The Bridge of Snackslyvania (and 14 other awesome games)!

Plus there's a ton of smaller updates like the new Horde Meter to track Hordes (and bonuses if you clear them), new Delivery Orders, new monsters, a few new items like the Book of Bubbles and Book of Magnets, and just really a lot of great updates that had to be released. Check them all out on April 1st!

decript, Legion180 and stubbieoz like this.
  7. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    V 4.1 is here!

Be sure to update for all sorts of new stuff!

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    If you guys haven’t played this game yet, YOU MUST! A massive open world to explore, many items/secrets to find, a house to upgrade and decorate where you can cook dishes made from all the food you find, player to player shops where you can sell all your stuff, a ton of very cool game mechanics going on here!

decript and noahbwilson like this.
  9. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    #89 noahbwilson, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019

10. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    • A Genre Mash-up of Arcade/RPG Fun!
      • Intense action with hundreds of ways to fight
      • Expansive RPG world and item system
      • Real-time combat! Fight dozens of monsters at once
      • Built-in Arcade Mode and arcade-style power-ups
    • Go Where You Want in a Sandbox World!
      • Explore random caves, forests, and ruins
      • Do what you want, when you want
      • Create your own adventures and goals
      • Real-Time Combat
    [​IMG]
    • Enjoy Living in a Real-Time Environment!
      • A world clock swaps night and day
      • Weather patterns roll in and affect the world
      • Festivals, traveling shops, holidays, and timed events
      • Sales in shops on various days of the week
    • Customize Your Knight!
      • Visit a salon to change your knight's appearance
      • Decide if you want to wear your helmet or not
    • Set up Your Own House!
      • Store more items for later use
      • Set up your yard how you like it and show it off
      • Cook, garden, and even sell things to other players
      • Buy up to four different plots of land
    [​IMG]
    • Do Things That Don't Belong in Medieval Games
      • Buy a vespa or a motorcycle and ride around
      • Equip a Flame Thrower because ... no reason
      • Throw explosive cats, beer cans, and ninja stars
      • Explore an alien spaceship
    • Do Your Job and Get Promoted!
      • Level up to get access to more areas
      • Gain new skills and new attack powers
      • Unlock awesome things like the King's Yacht
    • Go Sailing (Level 3 Required)!
      • Visit a dozen new islands
      • Discover secrets on the open sea
      • Explore the world beyond Kingdomland
    • Hundreds of Items and Weapons!
      • Over 100 Different Foods
      • Swords and Daggers
      • Hammers and Axes
      • Magic Spells and Bombs
      • Ninja Stars and Saw Blades
      • Arrows and Boomerangs
      • Flame Throwers and Laser Guns?
    [​IMG]
    • Dozens of Armors and Playable Characters!
      • Dress up as several familiar looking characters
      • Play as new characters from around Kingdomland
      • Enjoy alternate voice acting for each new character found
    • Try Out Different Professions!
      • Try becoming a part-time Fisherman
      • Maybe you were meant to be a Miner
      • Do you think you have what it takes to be a Chef?
      • Maybe you're better off as a Delivery Guy/Girl
    • Compete on Tons of Leaderboards!
      • Who has the most money?
      • Who has killed the most monsters?
      • Who has eaten the most tacos?
      • Who has the most gold fish?
      • And more!
    [​IMG]
    • Visit Many Unique Towns!
      • Over 100 different stores
      • Over a dozen fully designed towns
      • Hundreds of NPCs to offer seasonal and local advice
    • Bask In Nostalgia! Enjoy classically-inspired elements and items from games like:
      • Super Mario Bros.
      • The Legend of Zelda
      • Bubble Bobble
      • Mega Man
      • Castlevania
      • Balloon Fight
      • Joust
      • Pac-Man
      • Donkey Kong
      • Bomberman
      • Metroid

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  12. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    @Gwarmaxx I didn't make it. I'd prefer to be in control of my own game's thread.

raravan and Gwarmaxx like this.
  13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is a great game! For the dev: Advertising on this site works, because I wouldn't have known about the game. I saw it in an ad here.

14. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Im glad you are enjoying the game. Thank you for the feedback!

15. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    LETS MAKE A DEAL!

First off, please join the RK Discord for continued discussions on updates: https://discord.gg/fbe5EZw

Secondly, because v4.4 seems to be very STABLE and AWESOME update, I want to focus on an even bigger update: 5.0. What does this mean? Well, let me break down the PROS and CONS of the big 5.0 update.

PROS:
    - Level 4 AND Level 5 upgrades will become available, as well their respective Relics.
    - Megamore Mines AND Boom Boom Desert will become available. In fact, Boom Boom Desert will become available to anyone with 50 Badges. GO GET MORE BADGES! (You will not be able to go directly into Boom Boom Canyon to find the 5th relic until you are a Level 5 Knight, though).
    - New town Dirtball City will be opened as part of Boom Boom Desert. What cool stuff do they sell that you can't buy elsewhere? Let's find out!
    - An insane amount of new areas in addition to these two big ones.
    - New House Storage "upgrades" will go on sale.
    - New weapons, armors, and bikes.
    - New "Riding Animals"
    - New Mini Games

CONS:
    - This release will not become available until August.

My current goal is to get Retro Knight all the way to its FINAL VERSION of 8.0 by the end of the year. It's been an awesome game to make, but I do want to actually FINISH it one day. I want to move on to Robot Gardens (a Retro Knight 'cousin'), Animal Fury (a Retro Knight 'prequel'), and Viking Bunnies (not related).

My only request is that you share the hell out of this game with your pals on the internet. I am not looking to get rich making this game by any means; I just love watching/hearing about people playing it and the (small) community that has formed.

16. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I'm on Android, has the input lag and slow downs been fixed? I still see a review that says it's buggy

17. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    There was a bug upon starts/new accounts which caused Kingdomtown to look a little messed up, but was autocorrected once you got to the map. (for reference, it was related to the holiday decorations that sometimes appear as the holiday had not been defined yet.) Old/returning users would not have seen this. I'm sure that is the error the reviewer is referring to, and yes, it has been fixed.

However, I can't promise the game runs super-smooth on an Android device as I do not test for it. I mainly test on iPad/iPhone. I have a crappy Android tablet that cannot run it well at all. A friend showed me the game on his newish (I think) phone, and it was semi-laggy. I have heard people say it runs great on their phones.

18. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I want to love this game. But I cannot progress no matter what I do. I made it far enough in the mandatory tutorial to beat the green monster, only to be sent back to the first room with no way to get out. No keys anywhere. When I restart, it randomly sends me to the kingdom. When I leave the kingdom to roam the country side, I get about 3 steps and get bounced into a battle that I am in no way equipped to win. When I leave the battle, I can't progress two steps before I get bounced into another impossible battle. I clicked the numbers to open the door and the door won't open. Bug? The entire time I played this game it just seemed like I was going in circles. Deleted in frustration.

19. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Well, for the sake of anyone else who reads this, the tutorial is fine. I just tested it. I think this is a situation where you need to be sure to read the signs as you do NOT have to fight the Giga Goo in the tutorial. It's just there for the daring to see what a Boss looks like. Also, the Blue Key and Red Key are both in the tutorial, but seeing as the Blue Key is across the water, i don't think you tried to swim (which is also stated on a sign that you can wade through shallow water).

As for the impossible battles, yesterday's orders revolved around fighting a giant monster. If you happened to get one in front of Kingdomtown, yes... that is a pain in the butt for new players. However, that giant monster is not there today. Not that today's quest is that much easier for new players, but its not mandatory and you can just go about your business. Another pro tip to avoid monster battles: Stay on the path. That's a retro tip as the idea is taken from Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

20. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA

I did swim and found the key.. But I will give it another go. I did have that satisfied feeling when I beat the Giga Goo. Thank you