Universal Retro Knight (by Noah Wilson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 30, 2018.

1. noahbwilson

noahbwilson Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Yup. I got one player who is near 100,000, but I think he might have taken advantage of old glitches. There's always a few bugs to swat. I just hope I get all the ones that lead to making easy money.

I think your first goal should be badges so you can get access to more areas, which in turn contain more treasures. Treasure chests also respawn after a week or so (varies based on type of treasure chest), so return to spots you've been before and cash in. However, the real trick to making tons of money is selling items, not necessarily finding it in treasure boxes.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Well I made nearly 1000 today just from completing orders and trip to the treasure room. I wish I could find someone to buy my stuff! My inventory is too full and no one wants my stuff lol also, I got gnit and a badge from the space ship, where do you find that thing again? Random spawn? I was almost dead when I went on it and since you can’t eat, I got killed off fast.

3. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Few notes:

1) I am actively working on the "no one buys things from me" issue. All stores can by a maximum of 8 things from you, but I am learning that is not enough. I am going through each store and changing it slowly to a total of 15. You can see the changes already in Grumpy Town. It is a long process, but one that does not require separate App updates.

2) You're doing the right thing by trying to do all 3 "quests" each day. I am trying to add more after the Space Ship quest.

3) You can only do the Space Ship quest AFTER you do the Treasure Portal quest, so only once per day. And yes, the Aliens (known as the Shape Aliens and they appear in my other game Jobin The Penguin), won't let you eat, but you don't lose your treasures when you die, so that's nice. Now you know to fuel up on food before going aboard.

4. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    “There is so much depth to retro knights, it’s amazing, it’s so addictive. I doubt I’ll ever run out of stuff to do/explore. If you are reading this and haven’t bought it yet, you must! Honestly, this is my new favorite game. I don’t play F2P garbage I only buy/play premium games and I can promise you, you can’t get this much entertainment out of any other paid game on the App Store. Especially for 1.99.”
    This is word for word my new App Store review

5. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Thank you :) I am selling about a copy a day now. Got one 1/5 star review though :( Cant win them all...

6. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    No worries, there is really nothing like this for that price in the App Store it’s only a matter of time :D

7. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    I'm patient. I just love that at least some people are talking about it with others besides me. I'll try to grant all the wishes/requests by v4.0

8. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Okay gang. I am going to squeeze out v3.4 today. It has the Dpad updates, a few glitch fixes regarding the Garden, and I forgot what else.

I do need to take a break from RK and get things moving on my 2019 games. I just added another to the list, and this one is actually VERY cool. I don't want to talk too much about it because it is quite unique if I do say so myself, but it will combine a ton of gameplay ideas from RPG to PvP to Arcade Games to Sandbox. It will LOOK similar to Retro Knight (pixel, top view, giant map, probably many of the same food items), and will take ideas from Animal Crossing (real clock, set up your house, play a little each day).

Keep playing Retro Knight! V4.0 will arrive in May!

9. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Can’t wait, keep us posted!

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Haven’t got the update yet so can’t comment on the d-pad controls but I got a question about something else.

Is it possible to have the town maps show shop locations?
    Maybe just a menu in the screen that has something like;
    6D-Inn/weapons/armour.

Oh yeah, I know I can make all the town maps with graph paper but that’s just a bit too old school for me these days, expecially on a mobile game, which by defination usually means I don’t have notes or pieces of paper on me to play a game. :)

11. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    v 3.4 should be available now. Contains D-Pad options on pause menu.

I think putting shop types on the map might be to difficult at this time. There can be up to 5 shops on each zone, so to cram those 5 spots into a map icon would be too tiny to tell.

On an unrelated note, here's my next game's progress:

12. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Will you be bringing this one to iPad as well?

13. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Yes. I have already tested it and it works great.

The issue with Retro Knight / iPad was that I initially tested it during 1.0 dev, and it worked. But then I stopped testing it for future updates, and yeah, the file size somehow killed it. I'll keep a closer eye on Viking Bunnies.

14. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Just a note!

You might notice is it Heart Days in Retro Knight! You can collect Heart Flowers and bring them to the Holiday Master! You can also find the rare Pink Potion in some areas. It's worth hanging on to!

I am going to work on adding a few more 100-Coin Challenges as I noticed there is only 1 that is repeating. The tricky thing about the 100-Coin Challenges is that they need to be placed in an area that has about 10-12 zones, and I don't have very many of those...

I might expand the Ruined Ruins so I can use that area for this type of challenge as well. Today you're still stuck in the Sandy Forest, but next time there is a 100-Coin Challenge, it could be different and new!

15. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    New features to be added to v4.0! Now you'll have a Horde Meter to track when you are on the Map. If you get the Horde Meter all the way to ZERO (by defeating Monster Hordes), a Treasure Room Portal will also appear somewhere on the Map. Where? Idk. You'll have to find it!

Plus, you'll get extra luck for the rest of the day!

Beware, because the next day you play, those Hordes will be back in force!

16. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Super excited for the new update! How much longer do we have to wait?

17. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Well, it all depends on when I either 1) Finish Viking Bunnies or 2) put Viking Bunnies aside to just crank this version out.

I try to keep a checklist going at http://retroknight.com/comingsoon.php of things that are completed, and sadly, none of these are done yet.

Plus, I'm going to try and add two new features to v4.0:

- SCP Coin Connection - You will soon be able to convert SCP Coins earned in other games (like Jobin The Penguin, SCP Arcade, Six Pack Man, and others) into Gnit! I might try and add this to the site very soon in some fashion, but it will also be added to the App itself in the EXTRAS menu.

- Online Shopping - For those who own houses, Grudge is going to get an internet connection and soon be able to sell things "online". You'll be able to place items up for sale at your own prices and let other users buy them. You can also shop from Grudge's house by looking into the stores of the most recent players of Retro Knight! It'll be a great way to try and sell items you can't sell in Kingdomland.

So to answer your question ... May? Maybe sooner if I decide to just put Viking Bunnies on the shelf and focus on this. The Viking Bunnies App is LOOOOONG overdue. They deserve a great game.

Plus, I'd like another "valuable" game like Retro Knight and Jobin. Most of my other Apps are small or "just okay".

18. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    Okay, here's my hopeful promise.

Day job permitting, I will try and check off ONE ITEM PER WEEK from this list: http://retroknight.com/comingsoon.php and eventually get to the 4.0 release.

I'm also going to invest some money into advertising Retro Knight here on Touch Arcade, but maybe not until next month.

All I ask in return are some 5-star reviews on the App store. I know some of you have done that already, and I thank you. :p

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    D1B7F495-ACCC-4D27-AD19-AA54774C874B.png I’ve been away for a couple of weeks and I’ve come back to a rather washed out looking game.
    Graphics are on full and it certainly didn’t look like this before. :(
    iPad Pro first gen, iOS 12.1.4, game version 3.4, if it matters.

20. noahbwilson

Jan 18, 2019
    Male
    #80 noahbwilson, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    It's foggy today.

:D

Retro Knight has weather patterns: clear, rain/snow, or fog. Fog is generally just a pain in the butt. Rain/snow make fire enemies weaker and water your garden for you. Rain turns to snow for Dec, Jan, and Feb.