Universal Retro City Rampage DX (by Vblank Entertainment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 10, 2016.

1. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    It won't let me upload a photo, but I had an idea of posting a screen is of our favorite pun or joke in the game, or just ones that are harder to find, like certain things on the map. Would be fun and get this thread going even more plus show people how great this game really is.

The pic I have is of a random supermarket called "S&M Supermartket - All your eat are belong to us!" SUPER throwback hahaha

2. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    Um... You can play as MeatBoy in free roam mode. But first you must collect EVERY bandage in all stages of the Super MeatBoy arcade game in Nolan's Arcade.

You can also play as Commander Video, Steve from Minecraft, Sweat Bomber and Ms. Bates from the story missions and Mr. Destructoid.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Hopefully both posts end up being helpful, thanks Boardumb.
    #91 Top tip, thanks.
    #94 Looking for that U-turn, too.

4. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    I *finally* managed to finally complete all levels and collect all gold and bandages in the Bit Trip and Super MeatBoy arcade games. Man, it was tough with touch control, but I stuck it out and feel like a champion!

MeatBoy and Commander Video are so fun to play in Free Roam. Being able to run faster tha a motorbike is so cool! And packing a light gun or Go Go Blaster any time is totally awesome too.^_^

5. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm like one dollar short from buying the game.

I cri ;-;

6. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Yeah, I just found out how to unlock those characters. Gonna be a pain, I'm sure. I did stumble upon Minecraft Steve unlock tho, which was pretty cool. :)

7. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Going by the reviews this is one I got to have, ok that's it no more 9th Dawn 2 and Retro City should get me through a bit, that's what I always think major back-catalogue and only growing lol

8. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    The Ghostbusters parody tho.... Man I wish I could attach pics, silly TA app.

9. zzmorg82

zzmorg82 New Member

Nov 22, 2015
    College Student
    U.S.A
    Such a fun game. There's so much to do in it. :)

10. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    What about on iPad? If you ask me, the pixels appears to be too bulky for large screen?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

and the Impossible Mission tribute on the tower mission? the elevator, the robots, the computer info download... this is really great!

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Looks fine to me on iPad. Better this way so I can use the 1x zoom and be as far zoomed out as possible while comfortably seeing everything.

13. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh, that's good to know :) So could you tell me which zoom size is used in the screenshots on the iPad App Store?

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Amazing game!!! I love this!!!

I would really like to see an automatic save or quick save. Being old school & having save points is great but on mobile I would like to save at any time. Have a quick save that just saves where you at the moment. When you load the game the quick save is gone so if you day or quit without saving you go back to your last real save. Being mobile I think that would be perfect.

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, absolutely loving ever second of this one. So cool.

16. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Anyone playing this on an ipad mini yet? I noticed the view seems to be a bit more cropped on these devices comapred to an iphone..

17. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Playing on an iPad mini (1st gen) and it looks great - especially set zoomed out at the X1 setting.

I've played about 6 hours so far and am only on 23% completion of the main quest. There's just so much to do in this game. I just went up to one of the weapons sellers and bought a gun off him, killed him and managed to ward off a swarm of his goons, and stole his truck (full of weapons). An epic chase ensued which I managed to shake off and I've now saved the truck in one of the garages as it seems to completely restock all my guns and ammo whenever I get in it!

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Holly crap.. That sounds awesome...! Thanks for the info....

19. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    This is one of the best 2D games, ever. It is very much like a dream for those of us that grew up in the 8-bit NES era. There are so many nuances, subtleties, and nods and winks, yet at the core this games is a super solid 2D open world adventure, with tons of gameplay variety. Get it! Can't wait for the SNES styled sequel, I hope that makes it onto iOS soon after release.

20. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Anyone knows how to finish the quest with shredder I think the "arm 5 bomb"? it's too annoying I hate timed quest, makes me wants ti quit.