Universal Retro Bowl (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Capronissimo71, Jan 17, 2020.

1. reubentheplant

reubentheplant New Member

Feb 1, 2020
    I know that you get the choice of choosing a new team at the end of each season or stick with your current one but what are the pros of staying with your old team and picking a new one. For example, do you keep your coaches, players and upgrades if you stick with the same team?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yes, as long as the players and coaches don’t have expiring contracts.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    My star player retired. Had over 150 touchdowns !!

Hardest bit is when you have to re-sign players and then draft players. Had to trade two expensive players to make cap room

won 4 Super Bowls in a row but such an enjoyable game. Shame some of the free agents aren’t cheaper

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this game. I'm on Season 45 !!!

Just installed the update, presume its slightly not right, eg the timeouts last for the whole game not a half so i used 2 in the first half then had one for the rest of the game

Also the audibles - do they only last once per game as i changed the play a few times then couldnt do it the rest of the game ?

Anyway love the game, got used to passing big time and often throw for over 300 yards. Think the RB's should be quicker as theres hardly any point running at all.

Love the tactics specially the offseason, eg do you lose your QB as hes now worth 50 mill a year as you have to fill up your roster with scrubs ? Be nice to have some more offseason issues. Eg an old old computer game (Footballer of the Year on the ZX Spectrum) used to have say a spinning wheel and you had to stop it and you either got lots of money or less money etc. Little mini games like that would be great.

But an excellent game, had some very close wins.

Things i would like...

Career stats - If i trade or cut a player be nice to see their career stats stay with me so you can see who your career QB or RB is etc. Be nice to see more of that
    RB - make the running back far quicker, not Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl like but i've never ran for a 20 yard sprint, always 5 or 4 yards etc. So much easier to pass.
    Free agents - Be nice to have some cheaper ones as well !

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Still loving this a ton ! On season 104 now ! Love the career stats and records.

Be nice to have a replay after a touch down and after the game a breakdown of the scores in the game

Found a weird thing that if I press the season I’m on it then shows the weekly results for my team but with a weird garish background (psychedelic !)