Retinasizer - Upscale your OpenGL games!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sticktron, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Crank3d

Crank3d New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I've had a look through the sf folder in ifile an the plist. The bundle I'd seems to be the same as whats in retinasizer plist. Any other way to get retiniasizer to recognise sf?

2. morphman

morphman Active Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey Stick! Glad to see ya! Are you ever going to do that update you talked about?

3. morphman

morphman Active Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Puzzle Quest 2 works PERFECTLY and looks phenomenal!

4. abhi1193

abhi1193 New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Great to hear that u got Chinatown wars working smoothly on itouch 4g....

On my ipod GTA CW Sometime runs smoothly.....and sometimes lag as hell.............

Can u please tell me what u did to get it working properly..........

5. thelastscene

thelastscene Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Barcelona, Spain
    When is the update supposed to go live?

6. abhi1193

abhi1193 New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Anyone for GTA chinatown wars??????????/

7. gamba66

gamba66 New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #127 gamba66, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    Chinatown Wars works very good on my Iphone 4 32gb with Firmware 4.1.

Only the Cutscenes are chopped up unfortunately.. I only played it a few minutes but it ran smoothly.. Maybe your Memory is full on your ipod touch 4g and thats why it lags? I'll be testing it a bit more soon

Hero of Sparta 1 fails for me, just like Brothers in Arms 1 Cant even start them because the Initial Menus are screwed! Cod Zombies the same! Anyone tried these

Big Thanks to Sticktron btw, Angry Birds and Chinatown Wars look fantastic now! Keep it up!

just tested Siberian Strike too! What a difference it works very good just the initial Menus have some very minor glitches

Skies of Glory - Fails! Air Attack Fails too!

They all seem to have similiar Errors

Alright GTA CTW seemed to run fine at first but i experience slow downs too after a while.. guess its not optimized for retina

8. iNeed2Know

iNeed2Know New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    #128 iNeed2Know, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
    Skate comes out perfect but its too laggy, too bad...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. iNeed2Know

iNeed2Know New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Sorry but Retinasizing Zombies causes issues with the in-game HUD and every Menu. Here's how it would look though:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. StereoJoe14

StereoJoe14 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I tried out a few of my games today.
    Nazi Zombies menus are totally screwed up, but if you manage to tap it in the right places and make it through into the game the visuals are fantastic.

Crash Kart gets somewhat into the game (if you can manage through the menu) and....well it crashes. (Ironic huh?) But the 4 seconds you see of it, the visuals have improved by 200%

EliminatePro looks magnificent and plays fine, menus are still perfect and controls still work.

SimCity would just flash random buildings at me in game and the tiles would start floating so I don't know what happened there.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2's menus are completely wacked out and the farthest I could get was the character select screen. Since it shows a model of the skater I was able to tell that it was working and the character visuals looked great. Too bad I can't get in game though. I have to re sync some of my older games when I get home to try them out.
    Great work!

11. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #131 veecheech, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    I have an iPod Touch 3G and am confused by reading this thread. It seems some people with non iPhone or iPod Touch 4s are using this. Is this actually the case? Will it make games look better on old devices too? Obviously they don't have retina, so I doubt it, but peoples' info suggest otherwise. If so it would definitely be worth JBing.

12. StereoJoe14

StereoJoe14 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    No this won't work on older devices. Well technically it would but there's no point since there is hardly a noticeable difference. People probably just upgrade and don't bother to change their info.

13. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    It makes games that aren't optimized for Retina display optimized for them. It has no impact on old gen devices.
    A slight difference? What? There would be no difference, probably more lag b/c of an extra program backgrounding.

14. gen1521

gen1521 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    First of all, thank you for making this magnificent tweak! Seconly, Am I the only one that noticing that retinasizer doesn't work for Street Fighter 4? How do I make it retinasized? Cheers goes to devs!

15. gen1521

gen1521 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    Or would someone take a shot of sf4 retina?

16. StereoJoe14

StereoJoe14 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    You do see a slight difference when the game's resolutions are upped on older devices. I remember when I had a 3GS and Doodle Jump was updated for retina. You could see a slight difference in the smoothing. But idk that's just. Either way, using retinasizer on anything but an iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4 is pointless.

17. manbear

manbear New Member

May 15, 2011
    This thread is a bit old, but here's what I tried (from just initial looks, no intense gameplay):

Retinasizer helped improve or make these completely playable again:
    Plants vs Zombies: <string>com.popcap.PvZ</string>
    FallingBalls: <string>com.bit101.FallingBalls</string>
    Cube Runner: <string>com.andyqua.CubeRunner</string>
    Metal Gear Solid Touch:<string>com.konami.mgst</string>
    Civilization Revolution: <string>com.2kchina.civilization</string>

Here's an album of the difference (sorry about CivRev being upside down): http://imgur.com/a/t5RJ4

I also tried Geometry Wars but it didn't improve the graphics and also broke the controls.

Thanks for this tweak and hope you the best.

18. Manu270891

Manu270891 Member

Jul 18, 2009
    It doesn't work on iOS 5. Will the developer release an update soon?

19. Furinex

Furinex New Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Chrono trigger tested on iPad 3 and holy shit broken... Menus out of place, resolution jaaaaaaacked... Really thought this might be the solution to this sloppy remake to make it more visually appealing. Hopefully I can find something that works.