Universal Resynth (By Polyphonic LP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's some seriously good progress 19civciiV! It's so exciting for us to see players enjoying our game!

We've already started work on a third pack and some other improvements for an update. It'll be a little while though. Making these levels challenging and balancing difficulty, while also making them sound good is quite the design task!

Folks, if you're enjoying Resynth, we'd love it if you took a couple of minutes to review it on the App Store. It helps us stay motivated to work on the game, and it helps new people find the fun you're having! :)

Cheers,

Andy

2. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    Could there be a level editor ? I could be interesting on that, creating my own rythms puzzles :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #43 ROGER-NL, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Just left you a 5 star review at the DUTCH Appstore, hope that this helps you.

This is one of my fave games this year, specialy since I am a puzzle lover of course.

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just did level 3-4 on the move star, very clever layouts this game has, you need to make every move count, every puzzle lover and music lover should try this game can't say it enough.

Here is a pic of how far I am now, getting close to solving pack 1.

Attached Files:

5. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    Ok, stuck on level 3.5 since 1h now : I'm always missing 10 moves to get the 2nd star on this one.
    I can't found where I'm loosing so much steps in a level that looks so simple :)

This is the last one I need for pack 1.
    Gotta jump on pack 2 after that !

6. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    I really enjoyed all the challenges in this Pack 1!
    The Move Star is really challenging at some points, very cool tricks on some levels to "jump" 2 moves instead of 1 by rotating some stuff.

Pack 2 looks promising with fresh new challenges, I can't wait to see what else you can imagine as the new mechanic for Pack 3 :)

Attached Files:

7. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    Bad point for you devs !
    I downloaded the game also on my iPad and... started from scratch.
    Where is the iOS Synch ? :(

8. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    #48 Dazzlemi, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    I was hesitant at first, like others I don't really care for rhythm games, bot I DO love sokoban games.
    Well done! Loving this games.
    I thought I read in a review from Appunwrapper that this ha iCloud save... how do you enable that?

The level progression... is that left to right or does it start at the bottom (obviously) and then go all the way up and then left to right a then up at the start of the line across?

9. Hi 19civciV, the game supports iCloud so it should be syncing across devices. I just double checked by deleting it on my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, re-downloading on both, reset the game on the iPhone, and completed the tutorial and first level. Then I fired up my iPad 2 and it was in the same state. Some things to check and try are:

- Your iCloud quota isn't full (we use key-value (prefs) storage not document storage so the game won't show up in "Settings > Storage & iCloud Usage", however the keys do consume a small (very tiny) amount of quota).
    - You're connected to the internet on both devices.
    - Try killing the game on the iPad, completing a level on your other device, make sure you return to the level select screen, and then fire up the iPad again.

The game only refreshes the data when returning to the level select screen at the moment, so if you complete a level on one device while the other device is idling in the level select, it won't refresh until you return to the level select (e.g. go in and out of a level or kill the game and restart it).

Dazzlemi, you shouldn't have to do anything to enable iCloud save; it should just work and it's always on. Were you having troubles with it?

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Cheers,
    Sam

10. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks like we've got a problem with the 3/5 par moves value folks! We'll fix this and roll it out with our next update. Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

Apologies,
    Andy

11. Dazzlemi

Mar 14, 2010
    I didn't try going back to the level select screen. I'll try that tomorrow. I'm using both an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 7, both have iOS 10.
    About the level progression, does it go across or up to start?

12. Ah okay! Let me know how it goes. My test devices were on iOS 10 and iOS 8, but I think Andy has iOS 10 on his devices and it's working fine for him.

Initially there are three tutorial levels that we unlock in sequence. Then once those levels are complete we unlock three levels diagonally next to the tutorial levels. After that the level progression goes kind of in both directions. When you complete a level the levels above and to the right are unlocked. So you can sort of pick the direction you want to go in yourself.

Cheers,
    Sam

13. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    At 1st try yesterday I played the tutorial level and got back to the screen when it was required to play from scratch lvl.1.
    Today morning I opened the game again, seems that everything is back and ok now.

My bad, thanks for the tips ! :)

14. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    Good to know !
    I already jumped to the Pack 2, it's so difficult I love it :)

15. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    So glad you're digging it! Keep us posted and let us know if you hit anymore issues!

16. Dazzlemi

Mar 14, 2010
    Ok, so when I got up this morning, I launched the game on my iphone, and it was still on level 1.
    I had play 3 or 4 last bight on my ipad and when I quit, it was through the level select screen.

So, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Of course I do have the icloud turned on, as well as the icloud drive.

Bill

17. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    After 2h fighting and 200+ restart, I finally got the evil PAR on Pack 2 lvl 2.5 !
    Crazy one but so fun to get the perfect way ! :)

I guess casual players could love a Hint system to get few "perfect move" showed when they are stuck, as it can be really insane to try again and again and again...

Attached Files:

18. Dazzlemi

Mar 14, 2010
    #58 Dazzlemi, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Ok, looking in settings / iCloud on my iPhone 7, Resynth is showing up, but on my iPad it's not.
    I rebooted the iPad several times. I have NOT tried to delete and reinstall it yet, that will be next.
    [​IMG]

19. Dazzlemi

Mar 14, 2010
    Ok, I deleted and re downloaded from my PC (it wouldn't let me do it on the iPad).
    When I restarted it again it did get the levels from iCloud / iPhone

Thanks for making some suggestions. I now don't need to worry about not being able to continue.

20. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great that you solved this Dazzlemi! iCloud has worked perfectly for us across multiple devices and iOS versions in testing. Good to hear it's performing in the wild too (despite a few hiccups).

We're thrilled that you guys are enjoying our game! Thanks for all the great comments here:) This is the first release for our company and your positive reception is very welcome!

Cheers,
    Andy