Universal Resynth (By Polyphonic LP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This is how far I am currently, just taking my time.

Time and move mode are not easy and take several runs through.

Attached Files:

2. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished level 3/6 in time, wanna say how much fun this is, getting the time and move stars is more fun than I first thought it would be, hoping more people will join this thread.

Come on peeps get your Resynth started.

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'm waiting for the update to tone down the effects. I don't have seizures when looking at strobed video content, but the effects in this game make my eyes tired.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Do the long arrows do something? Feels like they should. I expected them to limit movement or push the boxes.haven't played much yet, but just finished cobbling together a new iPad stand which works better for portrait mode.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #25 ROGER-NL, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    You just run over the arrow from beginning till the end and then it opens up so you can push a block in it, hope this helps.

Got my Pro on a stand too as you know by now ha ha, it works like a charm.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I already have a tablift, which I love, but it isn't ideally suited to sitting at a table. I actually bought the nulaxy stand that was mentioned in the prime day article. Then I bought a box to raise it up a few inches (and store it when not in use). Today I attached a leftover strap from an electrical box to the top of that. The base of the stand slides under the strap to secure it.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #27 ROGER-NL, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Here is my stand, it's from Belkin, got it at the Apple Store here in the Netherlands.

It's so handy can't live without anymore and playing Resynth this way is a blast.

When I had the Nintendo Switch for one week I had it also on this thing, but my eyes are not good enough anymore for a small screen like the Switch, too bad.

Attached Files:

8. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #28 mzinn, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Huge Sokoban fan from way back. This looks interesting. Not sure how I feel about the line going across the screen. Does it cause issues or do you end up forgetting about it? If it's a non issue I'm sure I give it a try. Also are the time on levels a pain or can you get past without an issue. Thanks.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You can finish a level in as much time as you need and when you finish it you get a star, on every level you can get 3 stars, one star for finishing in time and the other is the move count you need to finish in a given move count.

The line doesn't bother me at all, it's part of the game and should be fun ha ha, well should be, not for all people it seems.

10. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #30 mzinn, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    And stars open up more levels? I.e. Do you need a certain number of stars to open up new sections or puzzles?

For $2 I'm sure I'll grab it but just curious. Thanks Roger-NL!

11. You need 50 stars to unlock the second half of the game or pay $0.99. You get 36 stars for completing all the of the first pack, plus 10 more as a bonus for completing them. So you need 4 more from speed/move challenges as long as you don't unlock any themes until after you unlock the second puzzle pack.

12. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Great info. Thank you AppUnwrapper!

13. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    I like your simple interface, but it seems a little challenging.

14. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Roger! Andy from Polyphonic LP here. I designed the puzzles and composed the loops for Resynth. So glad you're digging the game! It'd be great if you could let me know how you're finding the difficulty on move and time stars. We're working on updates to the game and want to make sure we tune them up right!

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi Andy, first congrats on a great game.

The fun for me is finding the right route for each level, some levels are harder then others, first I do the timed ones and after that the move count ones as I said earlier.

I feel the difficulty is spot on, not to easy and not too hard.

Level 4-6 is one of the harder ones, trying to figure that out now.

Here is a pic of how far I am now.

Attached Files:

16. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, you're really smashing it! Looks like you're well on your way! We tried to arrange the difficulty progression diagonally, so 4-6 is right up there for Pack1. I have trouble 3 starring that one, and I made it! Have you tried Pack2 yet?

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #37 ROGER-NL, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    I played two levels of pack 2 nice new mechanic, but I wanna finish pack 1 first, 3 star em all ha ha.

Just got the time star on level 4-6, now only the move one.

Just 3 starred level 4-6 woohoo ha ha took me an hour.

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Redownloaded the game and absolutely love it... And I not a fan of musical-type games. When I first played it, my eyes were tired for some reason. However, now that isn't the case... Not sure why, TBH. Fantastic game layout and concept with a cool underlying vibe.

19. obelisk8

obelisk8 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Game designer, educator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great to hear you're getting into it!

20. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    Really cool game, I'm really enjoying the loop effect, each move gives 1 more sound and create progressively the song, it's really cool !

Seems that some of the Move Counts are really challenging in some levels, I need to figure out where I'm missing some direct way to get them :)

The Timer Counts is really fun, as you need to know all the level and go as speed as you can. I'm glad that this stars doesn't requires to get the Move Counts, that makes it really different and fun to play !

[​IMG]

I just unlocked Pack 2, I will try it after completing Pack 1 as well.
    But yeah, I can't wait to see more content for this game.

I'm probably missing some gamecenter features : few achievements to complete and of course some leaderboards to see how many stars everyone got so far, and another one to compete with the Timetrial mode and see the fastest of all. :)

Attached Files: