Universal Respite - Epic Fantasy First Person Shooter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DASH, Dec 22, 2015.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Haven't played the Order but Battlefront is such a gorgeous game. It's not really that hardcore it's a bit more arcadey which is perfect for my tastes as I don't play much anymore. Sorry for off topic - I will be checking out this game! :)

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Thank you for the review.
    Don't mind short games as all, but it simply alarmed me you could get through it in 90 minutes.
    This game looks great in the sense you don't want a feeling of wanting to take it too slow for the sake of prolonging the experience, if you catch my drift.
    So even if it's just -lets say- 3 hours, that sounds a lot better and worth the purchase to me personally.

3. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I think his point is, these guys are asking if it's worth a pack of gum or a bottle of water. The question should be, "Is it a fun game?" Not, is it worth $2? Because the answer should be, "No" If it's a good game. Then it's worth much more than $2. Even a 90 minute movie cost 12 bucks to see in the theatre. What are they paying people in pennies nowadays? My Lord!

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I'd like to know that too?

5. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    On the wishlist already, I. Waiting for an answer on Mfi as well. I have been waiting for something like this, the bird sounds alone are worth 2 bux! Can't wait to get this.

6. Orangutangas

Orangutangas New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    #46 Orangutangas, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Hey Brand! Glad you liked it. While I was in the team i would appreciate if you could tell me more about "subtitle shenanigans". Since I wrote them id like to know whats wrong with them, so I can improve.
    Moving on, in future plans we got some exciting features to the game. I believe I cannot yet reveal them, but rest assured MFI support is coming (thats not one of the features tho :p).
    P.S. Dash is a busy guy , so I will try to answer your questions to the fullest.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The Battlefront games are complete without iaps. Same price structure as used for the PC versions.

EDIT:I was thinking of BATTLE ACADEMY /blush

8. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    MFI support would make this game a sure thing!

9. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm jumping on board, it's too cold in Vegas to get out of bed. Thx in advance!

10. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ok, I just finished this game, and the TL;DR in advance, it's easily worth 2 dollars, so go and pick it up.
    And that out of the way, I'll give more of my in depth impressions of the game so I'll start by saying that the game has the 'epic' title, however there wasn't even a single point on the whole game (which lasted me ~2 hours) that were really epic or that made you feel like a bada** and I guess that for a game that has you playing as one of the last remaining dwarfs it's kinda disappointing, however I still think that the game it's actually pretty good (except for the final boss fight) and it feels amazing as it isn't just an FPS with a bunch of orcs to shoot at but it also includes some easy puzzles which really help to make the game more varied than your average FPS so I'd say that that and the unusual setting make Respite a pretty unique game but that has some flaws such as the difficulty as it isn't that hard but some enemies like the spiders that shoot acid at the player or the suicidal goblins are just annoying and sometimes their spawn points just feel cheap and designed to give them a free hit, and also, the boss, the dragon, it wasn't really a tough fight but rather a trial and error fest as there wasn't really an indication of if the flames where hitting me other than my health bar being reduced and I was just reminded of the boss fight from Wolfenstein The Old Blood that it's won with almost pure luck, so while I wouldn't say that Respite is that epic there's also some rather amazing things like the graphics, level design and overall gameplay which as I said it's a mix of an standard FPS and a puzzle oriented game and it's actually really nice, the gunplay feels fine and the mechanics such as the grappling bolt thing are really well executed.
    So is Respite worth 2 dollars? Yes, I'd even say that it's worth far more than that.
    Is Respite an excellent game? Nope, but I think that with some updates and hopefully more levels it can be.
    Am I a professional game reviewer? No, I just felt inspired to write all this text wall :D

11. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    That's what I'm waiting for, I bought a Gamevice for my iPhone & it feels redundant not using it

12. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Hey, I was just waiting for the MFI compatibility update to buy this game. Not happy to see it has already gone free.

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I was about to buy it actually.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I downloaded it and started playing. I don't see any monetization yet. No ads or anything. It might just be one of those unlock after the first level deals. Which would be fine with me.

Billy

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Still not free in HK Store...

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Not free in both Japan and Taiwan too.

17. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    You missed it. Back to full price already. Which is great. Can't count on any updates if a game isn't making money. Now about that MFI... That's a sure fire way to bolster sales. Once Afterpad.com and MFI4.gamerz get you on their list, all of us controller toting mobile gamers will chomping at the bit to purchase this!

18. DASH

DASH Active Member

#58 DASH, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Hello, you are right. This was just a one-day-free experiment :) As for MFI, we are working on it. I hope it will boost sales as you say ;)

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Well I had plans to pay you. Now I can't? I didn't want it for free. I guess I need to say thank you very much. I would rather pay though.

Billy

20. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Is this one of those "99% empty landscape 1% action" open world games like Ravensword or an actual action game? I have no problem with open world games but I'm not very interested in playing mobile ones, since I have the likes of Skyrim and mobile ones will never be as high quality as that. For mobile games I'd prefer to actually be able to do something instead of strolling through scenery and maybe encountering one goblin every 5min.