Universal Respite - Epic Fantasy First Person Shooter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DASH, Dec 22, 2015.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    On what planet have we arrived where 2 bucks for a quality indie game have to be questioned....

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I've noticed that Sanuku's vids have, as of late, been restricted to mostly lame freemium and paywall-type endless runners, etc. He seems to have turned his back on deeper, full-price titles.

3. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    No really its really not that hard 90 min long puzzels where good its worth 2 bucks but short

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    All I want to know is how are the weapons handled. Are the bows unlimited ? The guns are not? How easy is it to get ammo? Can you heal yourself?

Billy

5. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012

Crosbow and shotgun crosbow is unlimited the shotgun has bullets but not alot. Not mutch ammo to find you can find health but 1 once per level

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Subjective.
    The fact I need to mention this fact worries me greatly.
    Don't see why my financial matters should be questioned in the first place, but that's just me...
    I'll decide if it's worth my purchase regardless of the price yes or no, thank you. :)

7. Zumoly

Zumoly Member

May 18, 2015
    Great game, do we have MFI controller support?

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Well said my friend.

9. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Bought it. I will draw my own conclusions.

10. nejizofa

nejizofa Member

Dec 1, 2015
    My type of game!

This looks awesome. On my list for the next app purchase.

11. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I'm a bit hesitant to try this one. Any detail reviews?

12. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    #32 skylined87, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Um...with the sheer volume of the games that are available, and the average wages of the common citizen these days I don't think it's too absurd for someone to want to know what they are paying for. Even if it is 2 dollars...I dont know about you, but I have to watch every dollar I spend in order to make sure my bills are paid. I don't, and I'm sure other people don't, have money to just throw at any game I think looks interesting. Yes, there are plenty of awesome games out there, but there are exponentially more crappy games out there posing as good games. So yes, 2 dollars for a quality game has every reason to be questioned. Otherwise the review process would be null and void.

Sorry to get off topic from the game everyone, I just felt this warranted a response from me. On the topic of the game, I too am on the fence about buying it with all the great games that have been released lately and all of the sales on the App Store and PSN... I definitely will have to pick and choose. I think the next thing I want to buy is Nuclear Throne for my Vita, but that alone will set me back $11.99! I wish all platforms had prices like iOS, but hey I know the devs gotta get their cheese! :p

13. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    On what planet have we arrived where we can't ask if it worth it?

14. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Apparently in the same where games like The Order 1886 and Battlefront get away with charging $60 for barely any content and Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zero is $40, just sayin'
    But seriously, I love this game, it's been a while since I enjoy this much an FPS on my iPad (since Neon Shadow came out :p)

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    How long is the game and any plan to add more weapons?

16. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    I guess no mfi support as its not mentioned anywhere?

17. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Just read man! 90 min long

18. brand1214

brand1214 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I finished the game, and I have to say I loved it! That isn't to say I didn't have issues with it; the difficulty, some weird subtitle shenanigans, and its length, to name a few; but overall I recommend this game. It's original, unique, and has several great moments and a lot of beautiful environments. As long as you go into this game knowing what it is(a rather short, very indie game) then I think you'll have a blast. It's no modern combat, and you can tell; there are a few moments I would have loved to see more fully fleshed out, but overall I think the indie feel is endearing and gives the game a personal feel. The puzzles are well thought out, the scenery is beautiful, I'm a huge fan of the grappling mechanic, and the final boss battle, while difficult, is intense in all the right ways. I would definitely buy a sequel if they ever decided to make one, and as I said before I definitely recommend this game!

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I've definitely got my money's worth from Battlefront - and I paid full price for it. Now I can't stop playing the Jakku map!

20. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Same with The Order: 1886, but it's a shame that people just look at the amount of content rather than the quality of it (haven't bought Battlefront yet so I can't say anything about it)