Universal Residual (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Sep 7, 2022.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

1. True! I know, the radar map needs a complete redesign, but I wanted to get the game out on mobile first before I change that screen on all platforms (PC, Switch, etc). -

2. I'll see if I can make that an option in an update. The PC versions shows the lines in the visor, but the mobile version had no screen space for that, but maybe I can add it to a special tab instead.

3. It will auto-pickup the 2nd teleporter after you teleport to it from the one you placed near the ship, which is usually somewhere underground (deeper and deeper). But I have noticed it sometimes fails to pick it up, so like 9/10 times it works as it should. - I do plan to also add a way to "recall" the teleporter when you're near the ship, because it's also possible to pass-out somewhere deep underground and return to the ship without having it :D (I speak from experience!)

2. B3Nder82

B3Nder82 Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    many thanks for your reply.

actually i got stuck a little bit because i did not find any graphit. the scanner says that there are nearly 10% graphite on this planet. but the map shows no ressource of graphit. so i have to look araound some more. perhapos some hiiding things i missed.

i figuered out, that the teleporter is picked up. as u mentioned, not everytime, but mostly now:)
    the function, that u could call the secon teleporter from ur ship is also very good.

So next thing is i have to remove some sort of slime from some devices or macheines and find some hooks, or a way to craft them.

but nevertheless i really like ur game. I coild recommend it to everyone, who wants to explore and try things. So u have to find out by yourself really much.

3. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Does this game support Japanese?

4. orangepascal

First time you pick it up, it will be in your hands and can be placed again. Then pressing your backpack icon it goes back to your inventory (Tools section) - just tested to make sure nothing weird happens.

5. orangepascal

The basic thing here for Graphite and ANYTHING else you need, if you haven't found it yet.. you need to dig/venture deeper ;)
    You'll know when you found the bottom!

6. B3Nder82

B3Nder82 Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    ok, that worked for me.

Only thing now is, that i could get further in my missions, becuase no Graphite here on this Planet. Scan does not show anything on the 3 first layers. -.-
    same on my second planet.

Edit: ok, i will try. perhaps i have to be more patient :)

7. B3Nder82

B3Nder82 Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    it looks like, that the ladder sometimes disapears when i grab it back from the ground. Nothing there in my inventory. But on other times, it worked. i am doing it the same way ever.
    Perhaps a bug?

on the other siede...i found some graphite in lower regions :D yeehaw

8. orangepascal

Update for those with controller issues: Found the problem, it's on iOS14/15 where it all works normal on iOS13.
    Working on a fix, but it's in 3rd party code, so working with that party to fix it ASAP and push it into the game update!

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for taking care of this!

10. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    How do you actually use the Blazer? I equip it but nothing happens…..is it a weapon?.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Blazer is a mining device. It only works on specific “mineable” block types. They look different, a bit more crumbly. You can’t use it on anything else that I’ve found.

Havelcek and Anotherkellydown like this.
  12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Ahh that is helpful, you’ve answered my next question as well, which is how the F do you mine lol

13. orangepascal

you can also use it to start a fire here and there ;)

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    OHHHHHHH THAT EXPLAINS IT. I accidentally set (redacted) on fire once and was wondering how I did it.

Still trying to work out how to de-slime those pillars… I found a generator underground but it doesn’t seem to do it, at least not the ones right next to it.

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #35 Ghostdog1, Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    IMO
    I tried to like this game, but after about 40 mins of playing I‘m totaly lost on what i need to do. And this game has become one of the bad gaming experiences in a long time.

I understand the devs intention to let the player find out all by himself, but its a bad excuse if you have a totally unintuitive UI and bad descriptions for tools and inventory-items. And it just gets boring running left and right without knowing why. Yeah, finding 9 graphite seems to be the quest, but no graphite is on the first map. So i need to skip this quest? So what else can i do? Surviving is not in any way hard, because all animals are friendly.
    After 10 Mins the top of the world is already completely harvested. I found one or two stones that disappeared after using them for a fire. After about 30 Mins most of the possible resources from the top layers are obtained from the ground. So harvesting and crafting is finished.

And without this forum I would have never found out that the blazer is a mining device. But even after knowing this there is not one place on my first map where i can go deeper with the blazer. I tried it on every tile from left to right. Putting a battery near a switch made a sound as if something opened, but nothing changed anywhere. Im still stuck.

I just feel lost and bored at the end of my 40 minutes playing. Another game with no respect for my time.

16. orangepascal

So.. I take it, you have not found the door and open it up?

Find the door location, uncover the switch behind the bush, use a Stick or Ship-debris in that switch - walk over to the power generator, it will need crafting a power-source, find resources if you haven't already, and craft it, place it, pull stick/lever .. enter the planet
    [​IMG]

(gif has old dated inventory screen - but still works same)

17. awwe

awwe Member

May 21, 2015
    Hope the controller support update also will work on ios16 which is out now

backbone controller does not work ios 15.6.7

18. orangepascal

yeah it will also work on iOS16

19. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Any update on the controller fix?

20. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Any info yet? Still waiting for controller support fix.