Universal ReRunners: Race for the World (by Klang Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zazzer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Like Zazzer mentioned, this is a bug. It's a shame that it's causing so much annoyance for people. The next update is coming really soon!

We really appreciate your feedback and support!

2. Hey, Fabian. We appreciate your feedback! The Bug aside, we're working on improving the Bolt system, as well as how many Bolts players have as a default. Even after the Beta, it's like jumping into the void on how people will find and take to certain features in the game. The original intention was to keep play sessions short and fast, leaving the player wanting more. But, it's been a great eye-opener to see what the gaming community want, including the length of playing sessions.

3. Amazing to hear! We're a small team of Devs (less than 10) who have spent a lot of time, money, and emotion into making ReRunners. Words like this make this experience of developing a game even more rewarding!

4. Thanks for helping to explain, rbates!

5. Thanks for your feedback! We're currently testing out different variations of starter Bolts a player should have. Once we have the data back, we'll be looking at making changes!

6. Added you!

Anyone who wants to add me can: DEV Jonathan

7. I'll make a note of this and send it over to the team!

8. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Wheeee! I'm enjoying this game! I downloaded it two nights ago, and I'm now up to 120 stars-ish. My only complaint might be that 6 bolts max feels a little low. I wish it were double or triple that. 6 bolts recharges every hour, but only gives me maybe 7-10 minutes of gameplay. Two hours' recharge or three hours' recharge puts it closer to what I'm used to in a F2P game.

I'm finding that coins rather than skill upgrade cooldown ends up being the main bottleneck to progression. I find myself doing "grab all the coins and get 6th place" runs of many levels, which feels rather sneaky.

I'm enjoying the season Grand Prix! I can see this becoming rather competitive as the game gets more players.

9. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Anyone else having trouble finding the 3rd star in Evergreen Heights? So far none of the others have been a problem, but I cannot find that one for the life of me.

10. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    I love the game, even though it is super confusing. I mean, how complicated can you guys make it?

I have to agree with everyone too, the timers seem really stingy. I mean, these runs go by so quick, it takes no time at all to burn through the bolts and then I am left wandering around for fruit, which is pretty boring and takes too long.

The other thing that struck me is how expensive the customizing of your character ends up being. Like I would love to buy a new head, but I am holding on to my gems pretty tight and spending 80 on a head seems like a dumb way to use them.

Everything else is super weird and fun, it's a great game overall.

11. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I agree completely. I'd love to customize but it's so expensive. Also, the energy system is very off putting as others have said. Why not reward players (e.g. Daily login reward) instead of punishing them for wanting to play your game?

Gameplay wise this is really a gem, but these design choices hinder it.

12. Hey, rslowe - Thanks for your feedback. We're looking at improving the Bolts system at the moment. There's currently a bug where the Bolts don't regenerate correctly offline. However, this has been fixed in the next update, which is coming out in a day or two.

rbates - Dang! There's one if you head to a skull and crossbones sign just above the moving platform, then fall down there, then follow the landscape. Keep going until to meet a lot of spikes with another moving platform. Hop on to the platform to the right and you should see a hidden Star. Have you found this one yet?

Haha! Yeah, the game is confusing to begin with. But, once you get into it, it'll become a great experience. More like a console game, rather than a mobile game, IMHO.

We're looking at analytics and all that boring stuff to see at what prices we should keep the clothing. And, I agree, some are highly overpriced. Eventually, some of these clothing will help to improve your characters Skills, rather than just be cosmetic. But, we have to work on other features until we can implement this.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Hey, Guiltie, thanks for your comments! You'll see above for answers to your questions. However, thanks for bringing up your idea for rewards. We'll be rolling out daily rewards starting this week, in fact. Double Coins! Sales! Events! Free Bolts! All these kind of things.

We're keeping our ears to the community, so feedback like this is a great help!

Thanks, all,
    Jonathan

13. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Yep! Also found the one after the bouncy shrooms and spikes. I will keep looking! :)

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I really like the game. I love the art & movement. The controls are good. Racing other players gives a much more competitive, less repetitive feel than just having a "fastest time" to beat like many other games. I love leveling up items/powers & getting better. I like everything about the game itself. Great job devs.

However, puting every F2P mechanic takes away from its greatness. The cost of items, though only cosmetic, is ridiculous. It is entirely geared to get people to spend. The skills upgrade button, top right, always shaking when you aren't upgrading something is to drive you crazy, hoping you want to buy coins to upgrade something. Energy systems always suck. I get why it's all there, I'm well aware of how money is maxed out these days but this game is a masterpiece & I hate it. I'm still playing & watching the ad for gems so I guess the joke is on me.

15. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I agree with others the pricing of clothing is crazy high. There is a 450 gem pair of pants in there right now. For $20 you get 540 gems. Might as well buy some real life pants for that cost. ;)

I can understand the heads being more expensive since those define your character. However the clothing would be fun as a cheaper acccessory to collect.

16. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    In my opinion, the costs of the clothes aren't a big deal as they're purely cosmetic.

However, the fact that you guys are entertaining the idea of having clothing that affects player performance is very concerning. The game is already a pay-to-win grind-fest, but this decision will push it over the edge. Please, for the sake of fair competition: Keep the clothing purely cosmetic.

17. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The clothes having attributes would at least make them worth buying. I'd say, how about more upgrades for your character. Like a character screen showing your head, shirt, & pants with slots for each (like 3 slots for each part/clothes) to add different attributes. Making even more character customization.

18. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    Thanks for the feedback! I don't have any sort of timeline on this, but we're taking a good, hard look at the Shop and its prices. We want to encourage players to customize and create all sorts of crazy Runners.

This feedback is duly noted. The TA community is one of the most vocal and respected when it comes to mobile games and we really appreciate that. This is no easy decision, just an idea we've had. Of course, it brings along another layer of balancing with it.

19. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    #119 xzamplezz, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Why would it make any more sense to add attributes to clothing, rather than adding them to the skills menu? If it were that way, it takes away the purpose of customization: To select a character's appearance that represents you. Not to select a character's appearance because their clothes affect their performance.

Let's also keep in mind that the more performance affecting options there are, the more skewed and unbalanced the gameplay will be. I'm sitting at the top 2% for the arena cup, and I have no idea what levels the people above me are, and how upgraded their skills and items are. If they have better base movement speed, acceleration, jump, double jump, dash, teleport, etc; it's very difficult to beat someone with that advantage.

EDIT: I just found out you can see peoples' stats by tapping on their player. I'm a level 13 racing against 30s and 40s!

20. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Gameplay is the most important aspect to me and ReRunners has amazing gameplay. Following quickly through the levels feels great and beating an opponent by a hair is very rewarding. The art is amazing and I think the free roaming over-world is a novel feature that I would love to see fleshed out even further. As you can see, I really like this game and hope for its success.

However, I wish this game took the "Rocket League" approach where there are no stat boosts or cars that drive faster/fly higher. In Rocket League each car functions essentially the same yet can be customized by the player. The player can spend money if they choose to acquire more customization options. This levels the playing field such that success is based on skill, not on stats or the amount of money spent for gems and upgrades. ReRunners, however, is much more dependent on leveling up and less so on the skill of the player.

I know you all have received a lot of feedback from the community on how we would want it improved, but I hope you understand it's because there's something great here!