Universal ReRunners: Race for the World (by Klang Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zazzer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Thank you very much Jonathan. I will start today and then let you know the name I choose. That would be much appreciated. :)

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Absolutely loving this game. I am typically not a fan of f2p games that have timers and require internet connection, but this game is definitely clicking with me.

I would be happy to pay some kind of iap that gets rid of the timers and allows me to play without worrying about bolts.....just tell me where to click and would be all over that.

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Maybe I'm just missing something, but where can you go clothes shopping on the map?

4. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    From the World Map view, it's a pink button in the lower left center next to your Star count.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh awesome, thanks! I saw that button before but I think there might be an issue with it loading items or something, as I'd press it and the screen would darken but nothing would happen. Just killed the app and restarted it and now it's working. Off to buy some hot threads now!

6. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks Jonathan for answering all of our questions.

Have you guys considered a practice mode where we can try races without using bolts? Coins and score would not count, but at least we can race on the maps when our bolts run out. This would be super handy for the arena and the later challenging stages.

7. Great! It's best to send me an email once you're ready: [email protected]

Thanks!

8. Great to hear!

We're looking into something like what you're stating. But, we're afraid that players will feel that the game is too play-to-win. But, we're investigating...

9. Haha, that's awesome! The next update has a bunch of optimizations, too, so loading times will be quicker!

10. You're welcome! I'll try my best to keep up!

This is an interesting idea; I'll put this to the rest of the guys.

Thanks a bunch!

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Fun game, I love the art direction and game mechanics. As of now bolt regeneration isn't working as intended unless the app is open and forcing people to stop playing when bolts have depleted is just a tactic I can't support. I tolerated this f2p strategy in Sky Force with depleting planes because I could purchase IAP and basically have unlimited planes but here there's no option.

Running around collecting fruit which amounts to 5-10 second increments isn't exactly fun, might as well call this Fruit Chasers. Like I mentioned before the core mechanics and upgrade system of the game is all around fun and addicting but anytime a team of devs decide to put a wall to gameplay with either close the app and don't play for a set amount of time or fork over money to unlock more time often means an attempt to tap into a vicious cycle of addictive spending.

I was almost tempted at purchasing the intro bundle for $2.99 because I love collecting hats/clothing similar to animal crossing, but then I had to remind myself, what's the point? I'll run out of bolts and have to stop playing anyway so why even get addicted to this game and invest time and money into something that continues to spiral into constant spending or constant not playing due to recharge timer?

Just my 2 cents and humble opinion, in no way do I have any ill will towards this game or dev team, but maybe my opinion might make them reconsider their monetary strategy. I have taken the time to play up to level 5 and tapped into arenas, I've also had no issue watching every video ad for gems, all in good fun, but that bolt decision is a fun breaker.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Too play to win? What a bad excuse to keep using energy. Sorry, I get it as a business model but don't try to cover that up. That stinks.

13. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey Cilo,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We totally understand your frustration here.
    Bolts not regenerating offline is a bug and not the intended behavior. We've already got this fixed in the next update, slated to release early next week.

The launch feedback has been great and we've thrown a lot of it into version 1.9! We really appreciate it.

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Great game! A question to the dev. How does the multiplayer feature work exactly. Do i have to go somewhere to face other players? Or every race is multiplayer too? If so is the multiplayer "live"? Or i am racing against other people's time that they already made before i enter the particular stage? Thanks in advance!!!

15. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

I cannot get over how good this game is. The racing feels brilliant, it looks like nothing else (in a good way) and the sheer depth of it is pretty staggering too. I've had a couple of sessions now that I intended to only last about 15 minutes, ended up playing for a couple of hours.

16. phlo

phlo New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    i have not a single ⚡️ overnight.. does this game have to stay active for counting time? :((

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I am not the dev but can explain. All other players you see are recorded ghosts and not live. This includes races and the overworlds. This means there is no lag, and you can do cool things like slow down time or pause the game. The dev mentioned there may be some 1 vs 1 features coming in the future though.

This is a bug and should be fixed early next week. You are supposed to earn bolts while the game is off. For me it works sometimes but usually not.

18. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Pretty cool game so far. If anyone wants to add me the name is duh_d_dum

19. Tony Bagadonuts

Tony Bagadonuts New Member

Mar 17, 2016
    For those having trouble with bolts regenerating: It's a bug, and won't regen when the app is backgrounded. But it works when you completely kill the app first. So just always double tap the home button and swipe the game out of the app switcher when you're done playing and your bolts will regen like normal.

Still need more default bolts though, 6 just isn't enough!

20. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    To add onto the Bolts complaints, I don't see why restarting a run should cost a bolt. If you don't get the coins and experience, why does it take bolts away?

Honestly, I just want to refine my runs on each level, like Mos Speedrun and the Mikey games, but the bolts makes this such a nuisance.