Universal ReRunners: Race for the World (by Klang Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zazzer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Played the game when it got Soft-launched, didn't play it too much back then, but I'm planning to do so now. :)

2. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

This game is really amazing!

Might be one of the best releases this year.

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Game is awesome. But energy bolts don't recharge? You have to buy them with gems??

4. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    We've made a ton of changes since then! It will feel like a brand new game, really.

SAY WHAAAA? Thanks, chief!

Scheiße. I linked your post to the rest of the dev team and they're on it. If you can PM me your Runner name, that will help.

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #65 Delusionaltool, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    love this game, now question is the mp always online in real time? or is it ai ghosts recorded from a server? is online required to play the game? and the only thing i think you need to get rid of is the lightning charge for doing a run, like a in app purchase of 2.99 - 4.99 or something , there is already so much you can buy i think that would be totally viable.

6. @Mr. Charley - Sorry to hear this. Try closing and reopening the game. If not, send Zazzer an email and we can get those Bolt back to you.

@Delusionaltool - Thanks for your nice comment! To answer your questions:

1. All of the players you see in the game are recordings of real players. No AI, just recordings. This is to reduce lag and loading times during races to create a smoother experience. We'll be introducing 1 vs. 1 challenges against your friends as part of a future update (which won't be too long).

2. Yeah, you have to be online to play

3. That's an interesting idea. We'll take that into consideration!

Many thanks,
    Jonathan

7. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #67 rbates, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Are the bolts supposed to regenerate fully while the game is closed? I did some testing and it appears to regenerate one boost but then gets stuck so I need to re-open the app to get the timer started again.

Awesome game besides the bolts system. Bolts runs out so quick, that it is really hard to keep playing. If there was a $5 premium option to remove bolts, I would buy it. Or even a gem doubler. I almost never buy consumable currency because it is hard to know what I am really getting.

Edit: Bolts, not boost, oops. Also see updated opinions in my next post.

8. @rbates - Thanks for your comment! The energy system (called Bolts in-game) should regenerate over time. We've had a couple of reports that it's not working correctly for some players. The good news is that we have an update coming out very soon that will fix this problem.

Sorry for this inconvenience! But, until then, it's good to know that Bolts do regenerate during your playing session...AND, collecting Fruit speeds up the regeneration, too.

Anyway, thanks for playing! It means a lot to us. Feel free to comment via the ReRunners Forum, too: http://forum.rerunners.com/

Best,
    Jonathan

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    What a fun game! Read and acknowledge all positive posts above because I'd be sounding like a broken record. What I also love is that there is good artificial intelligence in case you are not playing actual multiplayer. I never played the beta but the final product is a golden gem.

10. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    After playing this game a bit more my opinion has changed on the bolt system (besides the bug). I did not realize how important fruit is to gaining bolts. Fruit collection is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. First explore to find where the fruit hot-spots are, learn the quickest route there, and then next time you load the area, race the ghosts to those locations.

I do not think bolts should be removed through IAP because it would take away this part of the game. However, grinding for fruit can get boring, so I would not mind an IAP for doubling the bolts gained. Or at least some IAP that is not consumable.

Still great game! Really enjoying this one.

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    To piggyback Rbates post, I wonder if an IAP to shorten bolt regeneration might be a healthy balance for those who want to play more and also support this frickin sweet runner. Oh by the way, huge fan loving this game. The only glitch or possibly 2 are 1) I cannot get the shop to load, it dims the screen like it's supposed to pop up the shop, but nothing happens. I can simply tap and that backs me out of the dimmed screen 2) Is one fruit collected equivalent to one bolt? I collected a couple peices of fruit but my bolt count was stuck at 25 (I had 26 and then raced and then tried to use fruit to see if it would regen bolts)?

12. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #72 rbates, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Question for the dev, how are the opponents chosen? I am trying to earn 3 stars on Park Gable and am always faced against a level 76 player who uses mines. I have been unable to avoid the mines, and he takes the majority of coins which has made it near impossible to get the 3rd star.

Perhaps if opponents were randomized more that would be nice.

Update: I had forgotten about the shield item which is a nice counter to the mines. It took about a dozen tries but finally got the 3rd star! :)

13. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Well, I'm trying to start this game but it won't let me use my name.
    o0oJAKEo0o
    This apparently has dirty words in it.
    Also...
    JAKE
    This is a dirty word too.
    I hate when games restrict what name I can use. :( I'll try it when this is fixed.

14. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    There's plenty of good things to say about this game, but I can't help but be disappointed by the abundance of IAP. The dev was nice enough to let me play this game in late beta, and I am thankful. However, my time on the game wasn't long when I realized just how tied in the IAP is to the design of this game.

I love platformers and speedrunning/ghost racing just as much as a hate freemium games. If there were a flat-rate I could pay to own the game, without annoying mechanics implemented to lure people into spending money, I would happily pay money for what is otherwise a fantastic game.

15. o0oJAKEo0o

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Also, why is this game not on the hot new games list?

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This isn't on new games list because apple sucks and they are done promoting games. Only big devs are promoted more than most.

I remember beta testing this at the beginning of the year and now it's out I downloaded it and it is better than back then and that is hard to say because it was almost perfect then.

Nothing else like it

17. o0oJAKEo0o

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    It's on apples new games list. I'm talking about TouchArcades Hot New Games

18. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    It is on the list, just far down. I guess it isn't detecting the forum activity correctly.

Regarding the user name, maybe there were too many capitals?

19. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Because it isn't a new game because it was soft-launched. These games are almost never picked up in the new games list on TA.

And the energy system sucks! Probably gonna delete it real soon.

20. Hey, all,

Thanks so much for your comments and support for ReRunners! It's incredible to see. I'll try my best to respond to your questions:

@rbates – We're actually discussing possible ideas for the Bolts system right now. The first post-launch update will be coming early next week (hopefully), so we're taking all of this into account.

Glad you're enjoying collecting Fruit and using the Shield! It's all about learning how people play and what Items are best for each Race. There's a lot of skill involved when you really get into the game.

Level 76, huh? I'm guessing that player was a part of the Early Access build, so some players have already levelled up. But, we're constantly improving matchmaking. It's a learning process.

@Chief78 – Regarding the bugs you found:

1. I assume you're talking about the clothing store in Nubee, La Mode. Yeah, this is a server issue, but has been fixed for next week's update. You can still go clothes shopping via the map, though. Or are you talking about a different shop?

2. Fruit reduces the regeneration time in small increments, depending on the Fruit.

As it stands, all Bolts above 6 won't regenerate. Once you eat into those 6, they will regenerate until all 6 are full. We're currently running A/B tests on the amount of default starting Bolts you have. I can't confirm anything, but we're investigating.

@o0oJAKEo0o – Sorry about the profanity filter issue. It's based on various algorithms, rather than us not liking certain names. We're looking at fixing this for the next update.

In the meantime, if you let me know your Runner name, I can change your name to o0oJAKEo0o via the backend. It's no problem to do so!

@xzamplezz – Thanks very much for your feedback...and thanks for being a part of the Beta!

We've had mixed feedback regarding IAPs. Some aren't a fan and some think it's a fair system. It's difficult to blend the two and please everyone, but we're trying to and are looking into this, especially the Bolt energy system.

@Jayg2015 – Thanks for your kind words!

@fabianb – Sorry to hear this. Like I mentioned above, we're looking into improving the Bolt system for next week's update.

Even after the Beta and A/B testing, it's always difficult to get the balance right. But, we're constantly listening to the community and taking every thing you all say on board.

I hope this answers your questions!

Cheers!
    - Jonathan