Universal Repulze (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelbite_Games, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This game is a freaking BLAST!

2. plan9

plan9 Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Male
    Excellent game. Would definitely recommend it to any Wipeout fans.

What I would like to see in future updates:
    • Ability to play my own music (this would be GREAT).
    • Ghost mode for time trial.
    • Other vehicles to race against (weapons not necessary imo).

3. pcgeek73

pcgeek73 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Finally, a game that actually feels like Wipeout on IOS. Great game!

4. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    + 1

Good point.

I see updated reviews for update games very rarely. TA is not a good example :-(

+ 1

Maybe "analogic control added" they talk about is something like that.

I disagree: because of very fast action there is a risk of unwanted boosts.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I was under the impression there were other racers.

Kinda sucks.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I don't think you really got what I meant there...

I was saying that reviews will probably take Pixelbite's reputation and previous releases, as well as the support those titles have gotten, into consideration when writing up their reviews of this Version 1.0 of Repulze. So chances are, reviews are not going to be that bad, especially if they do the slightest bit of digging to find out that there's more on the way, and that they wanted to get player feedback in regards to what they wanted in future versions of the game...

So while there might be a 'this game is kind of light in terms of content' - it will also probably be followed by 'but more is on the way' - and because of their reputation and standing amongst iOS gamers, they should know that this project will not be abandoned.

And although star ratings might be a little low, I don't think that the actual written reviews will be bad at all.

Just my opinion though... I guess we'll see.

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    You had me sold at Mikey Shorts... ;)

8. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any hope to add iCloud or other sync service? Thanks

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Maybe a sequence unlock like the polarity gates, you get 3 of something that signifies the shortcut and the next shortcut opens for a short period of time, then you could forget weapons altogether and it would still fit the mechanics of the game. It would make you work to open a shortcut each lap to make use of it.

I also agree in not making a clone, it's funny when people get a whiff of something Wipeout they want an exact replica, forgetting about any kind of originality.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Fantastic game that Mikey Shorts. You should definitely check it out if you haven't already.

*walks away while quietly whistling* :p

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I LOVE that idea! Though, maybe not every time you match 3 gates, but having about 2 or 3 shortcuts that only open if you gpmanage to get a certain number of gates would be AWESOME.

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    I actually purchased the game after posting. But I don't know when I'll get a chance to try it out. Hopefully soon. :)

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Oh Mikey Shorts, that old game. ;) I wonder if I'm still atop 1-1. :D

I'm enjoying this game much more than I thought I would. The biggest compliment I can give it is that it's currently keeping me away from Hundreds.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, I can't tell if we're still sarcastically talking about Mikey Shorts or if you bought Repulze. :p

15. Doctorossi

Doctorossi Member

Aug 2, 2011
    When you consider both the installed base of 200 million+ and the impulse-buy value of the $1 price-point, I think it's actually a very workable, reasonable price for a "fully fledged Wipeout clone", at least in theory.

16. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    N/M, I'm slow today... ;-)

But I did indeed buy Repulze and look forward to playing when I get the chance. I do enjoy a good time trial game.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm... Any chance we could use the badges we earn to increase the stats of racers? Something like 5 badges to add a stat to any of the 3 different aspects; speed, acceleration or handling...

I'm expecting a no... But it's just something that crossed my mind.

The upgrades in Skyriders was something that really pushed me to play more and more and better my times runs, ect.

And that's it for suggestions from me... Sorry...

Generally, I don't like to suggest gameplay mechanics/features, as I know this is NOT MY game... And I realize that developers have put countless hours into their creations while ive only got a dollar or two and a couple hours invested in the game..

But since you guys have said that you're basing future updates on what players want, I've sort of broke that little, recently established, rule of mine. =oP

18. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Reckless Racing 2 was one of my favorite games of last year and easily the best top down racer on iOS. This game is not the masterpiece that game is, yet... It really has amazing potential though, and certainly could become one of my favorites.

The racing feels great and looks fantastic. They have really nailed the feel of speed. I would like to see some improvement to the tilt controls because right now they are virtually unusable. The touch controls are sufficient but banking would feel much better with competent tilt mechanics. Of course added content which has been promised is the biggest thing holding it back right now. I would also like to see some additional badges for the perfectionist in me. I got an achievement for all gates and a pop-up for a perfect lap. It would be nice to have badges for getting all perfect laps and all gates on each track.

For a buck this is an easy recommend, and I can't wait for updates.

19. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Sure, you mean a dream. A dream in which "big" reviewers follow game's evolution and update their review/rates. I hope they will start with Pixelbyte because of all good things you underlined. I hope they will wrote something like "this game will grow because... devs tell it" :)

20. Can't wait to try this on my hdmi tv tonight!!! These kind of games always look great on tv, so let's see!