Universal Republique - (by Camouflaj LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ahkdanny2004

ahkdanny2004 New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Please advice how?thanks!

2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm in love with episode one but I'm not sure about getting the season pass yet. What if the next episodes aren't as good as this one? What if they become repetitive, boring or something like that?

3. yachris

yachris Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Help!

Enjoying the game so far, except that my (in-game) battery has run out. Cooper said something about recharging in the Brig, so I went back there and... nothing.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well if you're engrossed in the story, chances are you'll end up getting them all no matter what

5. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I'm in love with this game. The graphics are stunning and the game is too. It's amazing how much you can do with one touch gameplay. This is way better than that overarching drivel Metal Gear Solid this is a much better game and story!

6. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Uh, no.

7. The graphics and story are cool, but would, but would like a floating vstick option. Also the game does get a little repetitive. But original concepts with the cameras.

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hahahahahahahahahaha that was a good one.

9. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    There's a charge port on the wall by the door in every Brig room. You just need to stand near it, no interaction required. The battery will glow green as it charges.

10. Foghorn Irrascible

Jul 20, 2013
    So wait for reviews of the next ep, which is meant to introduce some more gameplay mechanics as well. If it sounds good, go for it. A tenner for that much game is a great deal I think.

Put it this way: when you buy a $40 console or PC game, you're paying way more, for as much if not more time in the game. What if you don't like that game after a couple of hours? There's nothing you can do about it - this way you at least have the choice :)

11. Foghorn Irrascible

Jul 20, 2013
    I don't understand. What do you mean "the episodic part of the story wasn't all that engrossing"? What 'episodic part of the story'? You mean the cliffhanger wasn't all that? I liked the cliffhanger. Even though I think we all know who that guy in the mask is, it was a good place to leave it till the next time.

As for the length of game you get for £2.99, I think the three hours I spent in it were well worth £1 an hour, especially as once I've bought the rest I'll get to go back and play all the dev commentary, which I enjoy. So that's even more value per hour.

I definitely will be paying for another episode. Eli's hate for KS aside, looks like he couldn't have been more wrong about this game lol

12. Foghorn Irrascible

Jul 20, 2013
    I've finished it now and it is mostly guard avoidance, but taken in a few smaller chunks of play time, taking the time to properly pick the pocket of each guard and explore rooms off the main route to find tapes, emails etc, it was actually very enjoyable. I was just getting fatigue from a solid 90 minutes of it. Shouldn't rush games like this.

13. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I can't imagine how that would add to the game. Besides, if you check out enough of the stuff in the game, you'll find that the developer is adamantly against virtual controls. There's basically 0% chance that's going to happen.

Also, while exploring after my first play through...
    I found the secret room with the boom box and stuff. I'm only missing one tape, but I collected all the game carts, and have used almost all the cameras.

One thing I really like about the presentation is when you quit, and it goes to static and zooms out to the guy sitting at the monitoring station. It just happens so seamlessly.

Spoilers for Device 6 following...
    Since you're clearly not playing as Cooper in the game, did anyone else get a similar vibe to Device 6? Like you're the real you, playing this game. In Device 6, it's easy to feel like you're sort of playing as Anna, when it's really just you, the person with the phone. In this game, it's really just you, and you have hacked your way into the facility to help Hope. And so when the lady asks what the people on the outside know about the facility, Hope says, "Everything" since whoever is playing the game is on the outside in real life. Or I'm just reading into this too much!

14. DrasticPegasus

DrasticPegasus Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Student
    Salerno
    Someone knows what to do here?

15. DrasticPegasus

DrasticPegasus Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Student
    Salerno
    Sorry,doesn't let me upload the pic.
    Anyway,i don't know what to do when you are in the room with six pictures/paintings

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    make the paintings look at the fire place

17. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Looks really nice and its a pity it's primarily guard avoidance. If you could take out guards with weapons and stealth then I'd be very interested.

18. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Very jealous of you all. Would love to play but not purchasing till the mess for international backers is sorted. The proposed $5 refund is a $1.5 than the cost in the European App Store (where the game is currently €4,49) and there is no clear word on how they will handle the season pass for backers.

It's somewhat annoying as backer to not be able to play this when non backers can. Particularly coming into the Xmas period when I have time off to play.

19. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Basically, episode one wasn't interesting TO ME. I wont be buying anymore episodes. Just my opinion that I'm not trying to force on anyone. It's great that most others are enjoying the game.

20. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Great Game!!

But I agree: very short and the next episodes need new features. Otherwise it will be boring.

Let's hope...