Universal Republique - (by Camouflaj LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    It's probably better to think of the camera (or rather the person controlling the camera) as who you are playing as in the game. The only movement you really control for Hope is where she goes ("tap to go here") and telling her to pick someone's pockets or mace them. You spend a lot more time in the camera mode, checking out stuff in the environment, and planning out a route for Hope.

A lot of it is also watching the story play out through in-game cut scenes. As far as I can tell, everything runs in the game's engine. From what I've played, it's pretty fun, and the writing is great.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was gonna hit the buy button when i noticed "offers IAPs." That's just the episodes, i hope?

3. 1776-1865_RIP

1776-1865_RIP Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Looks great

Not sure about IAP shenanigans though.

4. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    This.

5. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Yeah, the IAPs are episodes. Telltale style.

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm pretty sure the IAPs are just referring to forthcoming episodes. This quote is from the dev yesterday - "It will be a paid premium app. No IAPs to bother with!"

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The app description mentions a "developer commentary" and a "making of" video both available to purchase via IAP.

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    These extras come with the Season Pass. They probably stated in-app purchase in the description to make it clear that the extras are not included with the regular episode one download.

9. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ah right, sorry I missed your post earlier in the thread. Thanks for the info! :)

10. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    How many episodes are there going to be tho? And how much is the season pass? Wish devs could be a bit more specific with what it is they're actually selling..

11. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    only english?

12. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    5 total, 4 included in the season pass since purchasing the app gets you episode 1. $5 each, season pass is $15 so you can get one episode free. They released this info a while ago.

iOS7 is a dealbreaker. I guess I'll be waiting until I upgrade my iPad for this one, which should be before they finish releasing all the episodes anyway.

13. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ninja'd.

14. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks.

Devs, please put that info on your app infos. Also, timeframe for when each episode will be out is another thing that customers should be informed about..

15. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    I backed this on Kickstarter and can't believe I'm finally playing it - it's incredible! It starts off fairly easy but definitely ramps up the difficulty to get quite challenging. I'm totally hooked by the story too.

Given the level of graphics I don't see how it could possibly support iPad 1 and old devices that can't run IOS 7. It looks more like a PS3 console game than what you normally see on iOS.

Also, great to see a premium title where you just buy episodes. The IAP is clearly marked, so I don't see what people are complaining about. This isn't a free to play grindfest loaded with IAP's. You buy episodes, and if you buy the season pass you get a bonus soundtrack and commentary. The commentary is actually inside the game - you see the Camouflaj logo spray painted on a surface and tap on it for the commentary.

Also, I <3 Jennifer Hale and David Hayter. Has FemShep ever done an iOS game before?

16. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    "They want to erase who I am". This line took me back to Gemeni Rue days...

By the way, I hope this game is good enough to worth the price (I'm talking about the whole game, not just Episode 1).

By the way (again) this video is so AWESOME!!! I feel like just watching it like a movie, but I don't want to spoil anything. I wonder if this is as short as Wolf Among Us ep 1. Games/Episodes too shorts are frustrating...

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm trying to look at it as one more reason to keep the virtual wallet closed. Fewer games I buy here, the more I can buy on sale through PS Store thanks to my new PS+ account. :)

I've not followed any dev stuff on this, any chance it'll get ported to pc/psn/xbl/etc?

18. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    When is Xmas sale on PSN store?

Besides I guess this was the last game of appstore in 2013 so yeah instaby

19. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Oh, haha, I get this game free. I totally forgot I kickstarted it way back. That's pretty funny.

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Wait control and move are by tapping? No D-Pad around?