iPad Reppy basketball

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by turakm, Mar 11, 2009.

1. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Anyone try these? Kinda like the mob games but basketball

Sorry no link I'm on my iPod! (new games page)

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I'm not following...

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I will never play a mafia type game again.

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    btw, i wonder how is that possible that you are a member of senior member club and i'm not?!

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'm trying the lite and am very confused

Thanks for posting the links!

6. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It looks beyond half assed, but allows you to pay more for extra in game "reputation points" or something. I certainly hope I'm wrong...but then these mafia games actually allow you to buy a $50 version of their game which is the same silly thing but buckets of starting reputation points or whatever. It's a free world but if ANYBODY is actually paying them $50 for their $0.99 quality game...

7. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Omg, what on earth?!! I wouldn't spend .01 on this game to be honest.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ... why are there little chinese dudes in a "basketball" game?

9. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ugh...

My head hurts

Make these games stop

10. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Yao Ming - The Game

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    See, Chinese people do know how to play basketball. :rolleyes:

12. reppy

reppy New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    A message from a developer of Reppy

hi everyone seems like there is some confusion. we appreciate the feedback and will be taking your suggestions to heart in trying to improve the game!!

it seems like a lot of ppl may not understand the game in its entirety, so i'm gonna explain a few things (hopefully this helps, let me know!):

lite version -- the goal here is to familiarize yourself with the different training games since you will be using these game techniques if you decide to pay for the full or pro versions. in the training you can earn "rep dollars" by scoring with the "disco ball" aka the money ball. these dollars that you accumulate can be used to purchase enhancements in the store such as sports drinks, energy bars etc. that can ONLY be used in the full and pro versions.

full/pro versions -- each time you pass the training games with the minimum score you unlock "the beast." the beast is like an american gladiators eliminator type game which allows you to compete against the times of other users. you will use the techniques you learn while in training in this game. to help improve your players speed, agility etc. you can use the enhancements you purchase at the store. this will allow you to gain an edge in attaining the fastest time. points are awarded to the winners of each heat.

anyway apple doesn't allow micropayment transactions so we had to rethink our app strategy-- that's why there are 3 app tiers.

below are a few promo codes to try out the full version for free. let us know your input then! we just want to create a game that is fun. thanks! :)

we also just put the full version on sale for $1.99.

promo codes!

KNWRTAE9P9PA
    9J47P3WLNX73
    ANEXTTPEXE4X
    JE6P673FFXN6

instructions to use the codes:

technically you are supposed to do this from the actual desktop computer, but this is difficult for those who are in constant transit. Instead you can just open iTunes on your home page of your phone and then hit Downloads. From here, find and press the Redeem option. You will then be given a chance to enter the promo code here in iTunes. Once you are done iTunes will likely tell you that you have to plug into your computer and download it from that version of iTunes. Close out iTunes on your phone and then go ahead and open the App Store. When you do this the application that you are getting with the promo code will start downloading right away.