Removing default apps...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Burton, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Is it possible to remove the default applications on my iPod Touch, like the Stocks, or Contacts, or Notes?

I like only having what I need, and if it's easy, I'd like to remove them. x]

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No, not without jailbreaking.

3. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Ughhhh, that is depressing. xD

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I know. does everyone need a stock app? Why yes, cause we're all brokers. especially during this recession.

contacts for the ipod touch. why yes, because we're going to reenter all the number on our phone to our touch, and whip out our touch to find a number on our phone that's on the phone in the first place.

and notes, well really... WAS APPLE TOO LAZY TO MAKE A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF WORD?! WINDOWS MOBILE DID IT!!!

5. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    You can go into the settings menu under restrictions and turn off 5 apps which makes their icons disappear. Most would want the apps on but I turned off iTunes and YouTube since I only purchase music from my iBook and I'm not a YouTube user.

6. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    You know how apple could solve this problem.

Making those apps into free app store apps instead of default apps.
    Stocks can be free.
    Youtube can be free.
    etc.
    (they can make it so those apps can't become top free apps)

7. Cupcake0471

Cupcake0471 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    It's still a matter that WE bought OUR devices and should be able to delete and keep what we like.

8. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    If you want to argue that way, you should jailbreak.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'd love to have ON/OFF sliders for these just like Nike+ iPod, but it's easy enough to stuff 'em into a folder and forget about them. :)

Mostly it's Stocks (don't use) and Weather (have MegaWeather.) I used to despise Voice Memos (always used it to glitch pages) but now that I have an iPhone instead of an iPod Touch, it's somewhat useful. (Hate it's new icon though, the old one was a lot nicer, IMHO)