iPad [Removed from App Store] Wolfenstein RPG (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kapshin, Aug 11, 2009.

1. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Excellent work describing the game! I think I'm gonna love it :)

I was hoping there would be a more sophisticated character management system though :) Especially when I read the three magic letters in the title.

2. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    9 levels? do they last long?

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

yes they do, especially if you suck. lol

4. SantanaClaus89

Aug 11, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Just wanted to drop in and say this game is really really good. It futs the iPhone / iPod Touch format perfectly. If you like the source material, pick this up cause you wont regret it!

Quick question: has Doom RPG been confirmed for the AppStore? Sure hope so cause after playing this I'd love to play that as well.

5. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I bought this instantly as soon as I heard it was released. So far (I'm on the 2nd level) its a very polished, fun and humorous game. Seems like a decent value for $5!

I do have two issues with it though.

1. Periodically the ground texture gets kinda messed up - like the polygons are warping. Its a nasty glitch. I'm on a iPhone 3gs with the latest updates. Anyone else getting this?

2. Its very strange to me that the enemies can move *and* shoot in one turn, however I cannot.

The game reminds me quite a bit of Might and Magic... Speaking of which that would be an incredible game to port to iPhone. This type of game works great with touchscreen!

6. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks all for the reviews!
    I'll probably get this. I was reading through the pages, and sorry if I missed it, but didn't see anything about replayability. I saw that there were 3 difficulty levels which would probably take a very long time to complete. But are they all the same thing, just a harder game? And are the levels pre or randomly generated each time you play through?

7. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

The Game is great, I think im on Level 2 but im Level 3 Player-Wise. I cant Stop playing. Definately a great addition to the Wolfenstein Saga =D

8. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    Why did EA release this? Now I get confused when I look at the Appstore and see two Wolfenstein games. I went to buy this one but clicked the old one by mistake!

Oh, EA.

9. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Um... Really? They're clearly very different in name and icon...

10. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I have finally decided to skip the restaurant an hour prior to dinner, today, in exchange for this cool game that I am about to download (assuming that it's really as cool as people say it is). If it weren't for this thing that says "RPG" beside the word Wolfenstein, I wouldn't even be going through this abstinence... ah that nice tasty lasagna... curse you developers for making games like this possible! :p

11. graffekta

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Apologies if this has been said already in the thread (couldn't find it when I searched), but do you reckon they gave Hitler a goatee instead of a mo to appease the App Store Approval gods? Pic

12. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    i think it was a bi*** move no matter why they did it. if they did it to be funny, or to not anger people, or for apple, it still sucks. the goatee and the flag really get under my skin for some reason. I am loving the game, and will definately get doom rpg, this just eats at me. why didn't they just use the original? I am in germany, fighting nazis right? At least, I know i was when i played the first wolfenstein way back when.

reminds me of the outkast song, "if ya scared, say ya scared..."

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Very interested in this title after the "leaked" video in Japan, and now even more tempting for me after reading this thread...but for US$4.99, it is a bit steep (read my sig)...

14. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    This IS a bargain game! At the current price it's incredible value for money! Go on - buy it!

15. graffekta

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Actually just checked Wolf3D and that has Hitler's portrait in check. Maybe they just didn't want to tempt fate?

16. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    The jeep sections are a little frustrating at the medium to higher difficulty levels because it seems at that point in the game at least with my play through I was low on supplies.

With that said I'm loving it so far its exactly what I had thought it might be. Orcs and Elves Wolfenstein style. I'm really digging the nods to their other games too (Orcs, Keen, Doom so far). It brings me back to some of the first person rpgs on the SNES which is a great thing IMO.

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Not to hurt another developer's feeling (I am a wanna-be) -- bargains come sooner-or-later, as long as updates are free.

Not to say but I have spent quite a lot of US$0.99 titles (except Duke, you know) and this surprise just comes out of nowhere. I have had knew this one comes just after I slept last night, I would have gotten this instead of Duke. No kidding.

18. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    bought! :cool:

Damn Civ yesterday and Wolfenstein RPG today!
    If this keeps up I am going broke

19. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    Forgot the ;)

20. LOL @ Hitler having a brotato flavor saver.