iPad [Removed from App Store] Wolfenstein RPG (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kapshin, Aug 11, 2009.

1. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I was barreling through the game, an I inadvertantly tapped past the tutorial message that indicates how to choose between standard and advanced weapon options, (i.e. pistol or duel-wield pistols). Just caught a quick glance.

Can anyone enlighten me? Cant's seem to figure out how.

2. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    The goatee is tongue in cheek like the whole game. I think it fits along side finding women's knickers in a tomb lol. The best bit is when you punch the portrait. Watch that toupee fly:)

3. SeanIvy

SeanIvy Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    3d Designer
    Portsmouth, VA. U.S.A.
    I just picked this up last night, and so far I'm really digging it, it "feels" like wolfenstien, but it's better in several aspects.

Definately worth the $4.99 to me.

4. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Haha yeah I accidentally did that, gold.

So it's like a bizzaro Wolfenstein universe eh? :)

5. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    zomg

Yeah this game is a fun one to play. The rpg elements while low key are still there. Leveling up means more health and some extra stats. A bunch of items to get (I just love cleaning out a shelf) and secret treasures to find :cool:

I'm now on the Jeep part and while cool seems I can't get to my supplies to heal myself :mad: so am I doing something wrong or do I just need to make a perfect run to make it through :confused:

@icepulse all I know is to hit the weapon icon till you have what you want. Not sure how to use just one pistol over two pistols but if you have dual pistols why on earth would you just want to use one of them

@ graffekta more like the mirror universe ^^ I think there are more Trekkies here after all lol

6. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Yup, that just about sums it up. the guys who dreamt up this little gem must be a few nuts short of fruit cake me thinks. Some laugh out loud moments:)

icepulse-sorry, can't help there as I did the same thing:eek:

My other dilemma is that I can only find 3 of the5 'secrets' on the 1st level...

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    You can't, but don't worry, if it only needs one shot to finish of an enemy, you'll only fire one shot.

8. armychimp

armychimp Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Graphic problems

Does anyone else have problems with the graphics tearing on the floor when moving around? The game runs great and this in no way stops it from being playable, just annoying to no end.

9. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I bought this yesterday and i love the game.....but sadly i suck. Im on the second part of the first level and i ran out of ammo for my pistol so i always get killed by the enemies. Should i start all over?

10. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Yes, this is confirmed. It's visually disruptive and as you mentioned doesn't otherwise affect gameplay but does come across as rather sloppy.

11. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    I've noticed that too. Though seeing that's the only complaint I can think of not to bad :cool:

@younothere well seeing that you are still on the first level why not start over. Be sure to break boxes and look at shelves. Oh and also your foot is rather powerful... though that's more for people that don't shoot back I suppose

12. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Did I already mention that I fu**in hate german censorship!? I mean WTF...you're KILLING nazis...you don't play one...!!! But that's the typical reaction of the Germans "Oh my good a game with nazis and nazi-symbols and Hitler...holy crap...go ban it!!!"

Heeeeeey you idiots go and ban "Inglourious Basterds" or all the other movies with freaking nazi-content...

Sry for that...-.-

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think even though you're killing nazis they still take offense on the grounds that the German people who joined the army weren't all necessarily evil as games make them out to be...

14. NRunner

NRunner Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I am loving this so far! I can't wait to take a break at work to play some more.

Someone said this earlier but how come the enemy can move AND shoot on a turn and you cant? Maybe after gaining more XP points?

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I think a lot of people will agree that that statement I put in bold makes no sense whatsoever.

Why?

This ain't an FPS.

It's an RPG. With a turn based combat system at that. Combat is not real time. So it's not even really an action/RPG, tbqh, as combat is not instantaneous but planned out with each move.

As such is the case, complaining about the controls not matching Wolfenstein Classic, or lumping this in with FPS is...well...not really well thought out.

16. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Have you tried The Quest?

That's the lite version, btw. :)

17. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    You know I really don't see this fascination or need to have them as Nazis and Hilter looking like Hitler along with having the swastikas present. The game is still fun as heck right? I think it is at least.

You still get the point that they are some sort of soldiers doing "evil" work right? Problem solved. :)

18. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I don't either, but people have their preferences. The game is still fun and nicely produced.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you! I so want to play this game!

20. armychimp

armychimp Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Ok glad its not just me. On a side of caution here. I deleted a few lite apps off my phone and figured I would give it a reboot. When it booted back up my icon for this game was one of the games I just deleted(known issue with the icons) and when I ran it my saved game was gone. No continue :( Had not played much and hope it was just a freak occurrence for me.