Remember when…

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by MunkieSuthorn, Jan 5, 2022.

1. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    Remember when this was an iOS site? I think it speaks to the platform as a whole that it could not sustain enough interesting games that TouchArcade has now become SwitchArcade.

I truly believe the P2P model destroyed the platform. This is why every other platform thrives and and this one has shriveled and died.

I have been frequenting this website (especially on Wednesday) since it’s inception and have watched the slow erosion of anything iOS.

Truly sad. Just rename the site SwitchArcade and put the final stake in this mess.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Load of rubbish. Hardly any discussion of switch games in the forum

granted they do news articles of switch stuff but still tons of ios news articles

it’s sad why someone with their £800 phone won’t buy a game for £3 and instead begs for a promo code instead of buying it to help the dev or waits for a sale. Then a month later moans there’s no premium priced games and it’s all freemium !

naghihimutuc likes this.
  3. Mercurial

Mercurial Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Male
    I'm an Android user and I still get more gaming news from TA than I do on Pocketgamer, and Pocketgamer has an Android section :eek:

Also I find that TA will announce a game release a few days before PG does.

4. Avocado Avenger

Sep 15, 2021
    Although there is a decent amount of Switch coverage, it is nonetheless quite a bit less than that encompassing mobile gaming, and Touch Arcade is by far the most accessible, extensive, and informative of any mobile-gaming websites I have encountered. Unlike others, there is still a focus on premium games, and it is unfortunate that Apple ended the referral program (unsure what it was called) because I have discovered many games I would have otherwise been oblivious to thanks to TA.

5. Avocado Avenger

Sep 15, 2021
    I also have to add that I agree completely with psj3809, regarding there being little to no conversations in the forums regarding the Switch, yet numerous about mobile, especially indie developers, and that the majority of news articles are referencing mobile gaming. On a weekly basis, we are given not only a list of games that received updates, yet another detailing a selection of new releases. To me, this makes Touch Arcade extremely relevant, even a necessity, for someone seeking out information about mobile gaming.