Remakes & Conversions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by -=XX=-Nephilim, Jan 29, 2009.

1. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
  2. carolynn7

carolynn7 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Reno, NV
    A game I'd like to see...

I used to be a die hard palm gamer. I've had 7 different palm pilots. Until I got my iPod touch. Then I sold the last Palm I owned fast because what I had was way better than the Palm.

There was one little game I used to play all the time on the Palm and I'd love to see an updated (pretty looking) version of it on the iPod touch/iPhone. It was called Space Trader. It was basically Dope Wars in space, but it had other elements that just made it fun. Upgrades to the ship, stealing from other ships, running from the police ships, you could be good or bad. It was a stellar game and it was free! I'd love to play it again.

3. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
  4. icekat

icekat Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    the two that I suggested before:

Bank Panic, not the g&w version that's out, but the old sega arcade game, or a take on it, since I don't think sega is developing that ip ever again.

Sundog: Frozen Legacy for the Apple 2, there's been a port of it being made for pc's for years, but I don't think it'll ever go anywhere, it's been kinda open sourced. There are assets in base form online, and I have a feeling that the original dev would probably give the game his ok... it was basically a space trading game, you went from system to system and planet to planet, could get into space battles, you could walk around your ship from a top down view (it was very early so you were a dot and the ship was a flat outline :p Either that game or something based on a star control type of game.

and maybe something like bards tale for the C64 :p I spent way too much time running around Skara Brae when I was little...

5. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Ultima Underworld and the flash game Motherload

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Maybe I just missed it, but with all the talk of Commodore 64, how about M.U.L.E.? Another cool C64 remake would be Countdown to Shutdown.

As for the Amiga, I'd love to see either Blood Money or Shadow Of The Beast. And, if you want to get really silly, how about a remake of The Three Stooges?

7. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    After playing Bobby Carrot Forever I remembered how much I love an old classic - Chip's Challenge! | Youtube Video

[​IMG]

This was one of the first puzzlers I fell in love with and would Love to see ported.

8. -=XX=-Nephilim

-=XX=-Nephilim Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
  9. Alichan

Alichan Guest

#29 Alichan, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    How about Gauntlet (1985)? Atari have come out with some crackers so far, Centipede being my favorite to-date:)

10. -=XX=-Nephilim

-=XX=-Nephilim Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Gauntlet!

Indeed! Would love to see it for sure ;)

Or if you (or anyone else) remember similar game called Druid!

Would love to see either or both :p

11. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Would Phantasmagoria work? I've never played it but I know some of the devs that made it. His daughters also just happened to lend their voices for the game.

12. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Active Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I don't think Phantasmagoria would work. That game used full motion video spread across seven CDs. They'd have to use some serious compression.

13. Old School Fool

Old School Fool New Member

Feb 13, 2009
    More classic Amiga

How about Defender of the Crown? If ever a game lend itself to being touch screen friendly!

Also, old Psygnosis titles like Barbarian, or (I agree w/previous poster), Shadow of the Beast.

Even Fairy Tale Adventure could be fun time waster.

14. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    It won't ever happen, as no ones probably even heard of this game, but I'd love to see Fantasy Empires.

15. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  16. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Gauntlet would be great.

17. Manicquin

Manicquin New Member

May 26, 2009
    Nostalgia

Great Topic! I read a few posts regarding ports of X-Com and Monkey Island. Couldn't agree more, though I'd open up the monkey island aspect again and include just about all Lucas Arts adventure games (grim fandango would be at the top).

So, here's the all time dream list for me:

1) Dungeon Keeper
    2) Grim Fandango (actually, any Lucas Art adventure game)
    3) Magic the Gathering (a port of the 1995 pc game would be cool, though a full port of magic the gathering online would be brilliant)
    4) Empire Earth (or just about any in depth RTS in a similar vein)
    5) Top Shop (Cheeky Play Station Board Game)
    6) Last Call (Bar Tending PC Game)

So, there you go (hint hint).. I mean, what better way to milk a title for every last red cent than to port it to a ubiquitous device such as the iphone and bring it to the light of a new generation, eh??? Here's to wishful thinking.

18. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Someone's funny...

19. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I'd like to see the old pc game "crusader no remorse" ported.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #40 currymutton, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    I am not sure but some SCUMMVM games are showing up individually in the Store. I heard that the version of Sonic here is more or less based on an available emulator. Also when in-game purchase is available in 3.0, I would not be surprised by Apple finally approves some emulator-like apps.

[EDIT] Personally, I would rather see Master of Magic and or Master of Orion instead of Magic the Gathering. The computer versions of MtG are not that great.

Also, I would like to see Sid's Pirates! here, at least the sea battle part. Current games featuring sail ship battles are less than stellar in from of the "primitive" Pirates!