Universal RELIGION SIMULATOR - God Games Check out new strategy/tactics game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gravitysoftware, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gravitysoftware

gravitysoftware Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    Website

We've just published a dedicated website: http://religionsimulator.com

Visit the link if you would like to get notified when the game is released!

2. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    BETA testing stage 2

Hi All,

We have a new version of Religion Simulator ready for testing. Please send me PM with email address if you would like to give it a try.

3. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Hey there,

I was in the first batch, and while the game isn't really my cup of tea, where should I send you the feedback? PM or email?

4. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    Hi,

I've sent you PM with my email address.

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Hi, well I am in the beta team too but every time I get the notification a new version is out, I can't download it... At first it appeared in my test flight list and I could start the download, but now it's gonna...

6. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    Hi, I am sorry to hear that you have a problem with downloading the app. These days TestFlight works in two ways:

1. We can upload a build directly to Apple. In this case we don't need your UUIDs, we simple create one build and share it between testers (we used this approach to share the app with you).
    2. We can create a build dedicated to specific devices (based on UUIDs) and upload it directly to TestFlight. The build is then limited to the specified devices (UUIDs). I am going to create a new build this way tonight. I've sent you another invitation via TestFlight today, please accept it, I will include your UUIDs and hopefully this time you will be able to give it a try.

If anyone else have the same problem with downloading the app, please let me know.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Beta Tester

I am also testing the game and have had no issues at all. At first I must say I almost gave up on this game but I began to understand it better and I am now enjoying it a lot!
    I like the strategy involved as well. I would like to see more maps or a map closer to looking like Earth. Actually if the globe looked like Earth it would be totally cool as then you would know the territories you are conquering. Overall I am very much enjoying this one and will get it the day it comes out, thanks for allowing me to test.

8. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    It didn't really catch me... For me it looked a bit chaotic, I spent most of my time just collecting those coins and invested them in the skills as soon as I had some.

I put myself on a rich area for money, built a building to improve the rate and that was that. I expanded myself once I had a couple of skills involved. It took me about an hour to have most of the map under my religion. Probably some half an hour or an hour more and would have been mine.

I didn't like the fact that I had to return to my building that I was investing in to upgrade manually after an upgrade instead of it remaining there. It was the first version as only today have I received another update. I will play it again to have another review.

Overall, I still like the game's idea, and probably will try to dig deeper into it soon enough. For me it won't be an insta' buy though... Looking forward to see the evolution.

Thanks for giving me the chance to play it and good luck getting it to as many players as possible! :D

9. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    Hi all,

Thanks for testing!

The current version (uploaded this morning) available on the TEST FLIGHT is the final version (to be released to AppStore on 27th February). We improved many elements, first of all the impact of the Treasuries. Build and upgrade treasuries on rich tiles and you'll get enough gold to use Armagedon ;). I am looking forward to see the first screenshots of the Victory screen from those playing in a super hard mode!

In my opinion the game becomes interesting when you switch the difficulty level to hard (obviously you need to learn the basics first).

Let me know your thoughts about the new version.

10. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for letting me test the game.
    Positive:
    -Tutorial is helpful
    -UI (See negative) is easy to use and intuitive
    -A lot of strategic and tactical decisions
    -The upgrade tree and buildings are brilliant
    Negative:
    -The globe view is terrible. Checking on the opponents and collective coins, you need to always move it around. I started to get motion sickness moving the globe around. The game would be so much better with a flat world. I realize that would require a complete redesign but I think would make the game easier to play.

11. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    I am glad that you like the strategic aspects of the game!

Most of the players enjoy the 3D globe, but we will consider adding optional 2D terrain in the future release.

12. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    When power of words is not good enough...

... it's time to use special weapons

[​IMG]

13. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    I hope it will be russian language support

14. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    We are planning to prepare Russian, French, German and Japanese translations in the future

15. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
  16. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    please add tranditional chinese language!!!!

17. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    if the game is quite popular in English speaking countries, we definitely will

18. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Hope this does well, could see pay for dlc's that really expand the gameplay options. Can't wait to see this come out!

19. gravitysoftware

Nov 26, 2014
    Unity Developer
    London
    Watch the gameplay video:

20. Harry Merkin

Harry Merkin Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Overall initial impressions are that it's an engaging game. I'll echo the other thoughts that a 2D board would be easier, but it adds to the difficulty. The pros are that it seems relatively easy to pick up and play and it has a lot of replay value.

Negatives would probably include misspellings during the tutorial and gameplay. For $2.99 I'd give it a whirl.