[RELEASE] Learn Spanish on iPhone/iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iCaramba, May 17, 2009.

1. iCaramba

iCaramba Active Member

May 6, 2009
    Yes, there will be multiple apps on your board if you go for the individual lessons. However, thanks to a suggestion by DonG_GT yesterday, we have already implemented a system that enables you to open the next lesson directly from the previous one, instead of having to exit each lesson and look for the next. That way, if you like, you can have one lesson on your main-page for easy access, and the rest stuffed away to keep a more tidy screen.

This will be included in the next update.

2. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    It was very refreshing! It is like a game. they wn't even notice they are learning something.

Just and idea about the length of the app. Many devs make a lite version of their app. The first lesson could be your lite or demo version. You could write at the end of the app what the customer will see in the following 20 lessons, so they can get excited about it.

I am being very picky. Most of the people who will buy your lessons are non native speakers. They won't hear any difference. I didn't care very much about her accent. It just sounded a little too mechanical. I think once or twice she almost mispronounce e for an a. Her "vive" sounded almost as a viva". I hope that helps. I am just happy there a good app to learn my language:D.

3. iCaramba

iCaramba Active Member

May 6, 2009
    A: That was the goal we set out to have, but at the same time retain a sort of structure so it didnt become too...well, flimsy, for lack of a better word :)

A: Yesterday we increased the amount of words in the glossary for Lesson 1, and implemented an outro explaining that the Lessons following will pick up in pace considerably. But I think your suggestion with a lite version and a more comprehensive resume of what lies before the student would be an even better improvement.

A: I understand. The irony is that we went with a native speaking woman at first, and actually recorded all sound with her. However, although the recording sounded good on the computer, you could hear distortion from the iphone speakers so we had to discard it. Thats when we decided to go with a non-native speaker. Probably should have contracted the first woman again :p

A: Youve been very helpful - thank you very much for your insight :)

4. As long as there are no lesbian and orgasm related content all good :). Can't believe apple approved such an Spanish learning app. Since then it was removed and the content modified.

This one looks pretty decent.

5. iCaramba

iCaramba Active Member

May 6, 2009
    Lol, well, yes, we've kept it pretty clean since one of our target demographics are youngsters. But we try not to go overboard either with being politically correct and including only content that NEVER could offend ANYBODY (pretty impossible), because I think that would put the course at risk of loosing all sense of personality and become extremely boring. Besides, I figure that anybody that is willing to learn another language is probably relatively open-minded and not too easily offended :)