Release Date ERROR happening again?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by bigbadbrush, Nov 25, 2011.

1. bigbadbrush

bigbadbrush Well-Known Member

Not too sure why, but the app I just released today got totally messed up with the release date.

It got approved on the 19th but I set it to be available on the 24th to give some time for marketing and all that. When it went live today on the 24th, it got pushed ALL the way down in the appstore to appear with the rest of the apps dated for the 19th. This ruined any chance of it being visible on the first day. :mad:

With my older apps, I never had an issue and it showed up just fine.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Is it just a bug and it'll fix itself? :confused:

I contacted apple right away but I'm not sure when I'll hear back.

ANY help would be really appreciated! :eek:

2. bigbadbrush

bigbadbrush Well-Known Member

Got a reply back from Apple but it didn't really help :(

Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Support regarding your App not showing in App store

If your application status is listed as "Ready for Sale" but you are not able to view your application in the App Store, please confirm that the application status is listed as “Ready for Sale.”

If the status is noted as “Pending Contract”, this means that you may need to accept the terms of the paid applications contract or complete the associated bank and tax information for that contract via the iTunes Connect - Manage Your Contracts area.

Additionally, several factors could be preventing your application from showing up in the App Store when the status is noted as “Ready for Sale":

Check to make sure the "Available Date" set in the Pricing tab of Edit Information is a date earlier than today's date. If the Available Date has indeed passed, check to make sure you have at least one App Store (country) selected where you want to sell your application.

If your application went live within the last 24 hours, you may not be able to find it by searching, browsing or clicking the direct link in the email. Once the 24 hour caching window has passed, restart iTunes and search for your application again or click the "View in App Store" link from your application page in iTunes Connect.

If you have confirmed the above for your app and you are still not able to view your app in the App Store, please visit the Contact Us area within iTunes Connect: