iPad Relapse is out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slayer_megadeth, May 26, 2009.

1. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
  2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    You spelled TOFTT wrong :D

3. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    oh sorry :D

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    looks like a promotional game just for the sake of it. Should've been $0.99 and put in some clever promotion to help sell the album.

5. #5 THE STUD, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    Downloaded and playing now...Plays a bit like Zombieville usa but nowhere near as good...you walk left or right hitting zombies etc with at first only your fists...then as you go up through the levels more weapons become available...only got as far as handgun and machine gun or it kinda looks like it anyways...BUT theres no blood anywhere...not when u hit them with your fists or when you shoot them with you weapons...wtf i thought this was Eminem not The Jonas Brothers :D Needs blood cos if Zombieville can so can Eminem...at the mo if you into eminem tho looks nothing like him :) you will probably download it...theres a link to buy his album btw but no songs or nothing of his on here...not worth the money at the mo and there are better alternatives but hey its Eminem;)
    should be $0.99 and 59p and not $2.99 or £1.79 as its priced now cos theres far better games at that price out at the mo.

6. UPDATE: OMG its all over with in like 5-10 mins and its like 5 levels long...you then get a cutscene with it saying to be continued...wtf...a deffo do not buy for everyone...

7. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Man - I REALLY wanted this one to be good. Woke up this morning ansd was pretty happy to see it in the store - looked at the screenshots - WHAT IS THAT!! They look nothing like the promotional shot that was put out a few weeks back!! Everything is a blurry, low-detailed mess, AND $2.99!!! Needless to say, after all the waiting, I just passed on this one totally. BUMMER - had some great potential. You would have thought that a big name like this would have made sure that this app was freakin' awsome . . . :confused:

To THE STUD : Thanks for TOFTT - looks like you took one right to the head, OUCH!! Really, thanks for your impressions!!

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    The "to be continued" part is exactly what happens in the The Terminator shooter game released last week. You zip through 5 levels in about 45 minutes which btw are terrible and then you get that same message. It sounds like a rush job, and then people will buy this and be disappointed. Can't say to the quality of Relapse since I haven't played it, but it seems to follow the same format based on the initial impressions.

9. I fell 4 that Terminator shooter game as well and this is so much worse than that and at least that was only 59p/$0.99 but Relapse is £1.79/$2.99 and so not worth it even if they add more later..

The Real Slim Shady....You Will Be The Real Dim Shady if you download this bunch of toss

10. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    #10 DieseliPhone, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ... all the enemies look like they're in the background...?

12. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    Hit detection looks non-existant!! Almost painful to watch the video - this really should have been done right.:confused:

13. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Wow, that just looks...wow! :eek:

14. That link is soooo gonna make people download this game...hahaha...i think not...it really is that bad and then some....avoid like the plague and go get the album instead.

15. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    to think i thought about getting this. this looks horrible. im done.

16. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    It's really pretty sad - the character designs are really nice, in my opinion - the whole thing just looks like it PLAYS sooooo bad, love how the zombies seem to float off the floor after they die, ouch!! AND $2.99!!! WOW!!

17. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    this game looks terrible an EPIC FAIL

Big albie write us a review :D

18. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    My review: after seeing this, I'm not sure I even want to buy Eminem's new CD...fan or not.

19. If Big Albie was to have a lobotomy he still wouldn't download this game cos its that bad but if he ever wanted to become The Real Dim Shady and play it he would surely give it the first ever Big Albie negative rating:D

20. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    Better yet - we need Eminem to come on the forum and explain what the heck happened!!! Maybe apple butchered it?!! I would like to see what the first submit looked like - I read somewhere, on a TA forum, that his personal twitter mentioned hang-ups with apple. . . wonder if he had to make some serious cuts to get approved; STILL, I know he didn't go back and ADD poor hit detection, hovering zombie corpses, and bad annimations. SO . . . :confused:

Keep in mind - I haven't actually purchased this one - all of my statements are based on the YouTube. I would imagine things would be even worse if I had bought it right away like I had planned to!! :eek: